PDA

View Full Version : Car service costs

Jetset
June 9th, 2006, 13:09
One of my cars audi a4 3.0 cabriolet went to service yesterday, just basic service(oil change, filters, brake fluids):
42.000 km driven and the cost was 955 euros! Cheerio!

The service of my CayenneS was around 500 euros, what's rong with audi's?

How do u see the cost of audi service?

Benman
June 9th, 2006, 15:27
Originally posted by Jetset

I say you're not alone. I was quoted over $3K for the 35K on my :rs6kiss:!!! Unbelievable! True, I am being told by others that the price "should" be more like $2500.00-$2800.00 but still. Same point.

What is worse, they found a pinched O Ring from the factory that had to be fixed along with the 35K maintenace. This $3.00 part added an additional $1K in labor to the repair (so a grand total of over $4K)!!! In the US, this was on AOA's bill, but since I plan on keeping the RS 6 long term, I will eventually be paying these huge bills!

Ben:addict:

gjg
June 9th, 2006, 20:44
here's old truth - you want to dance, gotta pay the music ..... :thumb:

Benman
June 12th, 2006, 02:39
Originally posted by gjg
here's old truth - you want to dance, gotta pay the music ..... :thumb:

Ok, if you think $3K+ for a 35K on the :addict: is reasonable, fine. I'll conceed that. But $1K for a basic service(oil change, filters, brake fluids) on a A4 3.0??? No way, that is not paying the music, that is getting ripped by the "stealer". Your words, not mine.:D

Ben:addict:

gjg
June 12th, 2006, 06:24
correct on the statement - small differences in pricing however:

1 liter of 505.01 here is approx. $28-32 depending on stealer
1 hour for mechanic approx. $80-150 (whatever they can getaway with)

So, when you add this up the oil change alone can come up to $500 :doh:

add oil filter, air filter, brake fluid and all social welfare companies must pay in very competitive European enviroment and suddenly this price seems to be rather cheap ....

Of course the "let's see what charges we can get away with" attitude does not help - and this is universal WW. I would simply try to get quote next time

Leadfoot
June 12th, 2006, 09:39
In the U.K. Audi offer a maintenance deal over 3 years which covers service and all parts and labour, all for approx. £485 per years. Hell my tyres are costing more than that per year never mind the services.

I reckon after 3 years I will have saved myself approx. £900.:dance:

And this deal is on all models at differing prices, this price is for A4 range and I think includes the RS4.

gjg
June 13th, 2006, 06:13
we got similar package (3 yr maintenance) in Central EU, no tire coverage of course and scheduled maintenance does not include parts (60/120k km belt you pay the parts) ... still saves quite some $$$ :thumb:

borispmchan
July 15th, 2006, 09:00
Those guys are stealing your money, right?
Hwever, your case is not the worse.
For a Mercedes, if your car have a sevice every half a year, that sum of money is the same as you buy a new one just after a decade... think about it, why not buy a cheap 1.6 litre Ford Focus?
Still 'ridable' , European built, and cost less then half of a new German car. Also, it suits the governmental policy.

JAXRS6
July 16th, 2006, 19:06
Seems like maybe Audi/VW offer better coverage to start in the US, but better options for the long term in Europe.

In the US, free maintenance and full warranty on the current RS6 last 4 years or 50K mi, whichever occurs first. (No more free maintenance from AOA starting MY 07, but that's another story.)

In Europe, 4 years/50K exceeds by at least one year, and mostly two, factory warranty coverage on an RS6 -- right? So, when the cars are newer, US coverage wins.

We also have the option of buying extended warranties (maintenance is required but not free), although I don't believe they are available past 100K mi. So in terms of available coverage over the long term, Europe wins.

Did I get that right?:vhmmm: :vhmmm: :vhmmm:

Audihead
July 17th, 2006, 01:57
Just look at my signature!:D

JAXRS6
July 17th, 2006, 02:41
Originally posted by Audihead
Just look at my signature!:D

Priceless!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
So to speak. I mean, price is the problem! :deal:

I know how Gig and others feel: "Ya gotta pay to play." And I do see their point.

Still, it doesn't explain things like this recent incident:

The alternator failed on my g/f's C240 Benz (compact sedan). We called the dealership, got a price of approx. $900.

I explored a local independent shop that services German brands; they did the job for under $300. Both used rebuilt, same brand (Bosch I think).

I can understand some difference ... but triple the price? $600 difference? Give me a break!

As it pertains to the RS6, one question is this: Will we have options at less expensive independent shops/tuners after warranty in the US ... or is the car too rare to justify their attention?

gjg
July 18th, 2006, 20:11
JAX, I would believe that any GOOD independent shop can do most (if not all) of the maitenance and repairs on RS6 in US. I've spoke with my "local wrench" there and he said that it should not be a problem as long as you know what you're doing. That's from a guy with 30+ years with VW/Audi cars.

And it is about half a price comparing with stealer. Same guy serviced my 92 S4 and 95.5 S6 including complete Lehmann setup on Avant - and I had no problems.

Funny part was that the stealer's mechanics in same town (certified by Audi) made coments about "getting work done in a gas pump shop" and he could fix bugging problems they did not have any clue about ...:thumb:

Lateknight
July 27th, 2006, 23:06
Originally posted by Jetset
One of my cars audi a4 3.0 cabriolet went to service yesterday, just basic service(oil change, filters, brake fluids):
42.000 km driven and the cost was 955 euros! Cheerio!

The service of my CayenneS was around 500 euros, what's rong with audi's?

That doesn't sound right.
If you want, can you list what you were charge for parts and what you were for labour.