PDA

View Full Version : DRC reportedly fixed, picking up tonight!

Aronis
June 8th, 2006, 19:50
We shall see.

They compaired my car to the for sale RS6 on the lot ($50,00), and found my car was much stiffer than that one after they repaired mine. I think they agree that the one for sale has the DRC leak as well!

So I wonder how many RS6s out there have the leak and the owner does not know!

I'll post later if it is truely back to normal, but this time it sounds good.

Mike

Aronis
June 9th, 2006, 02:29
My car is much better.

The shocks/springs are noticibly stiffer when I push on the fenders, but still moves more easily than I recall before the DRC Leak.

The on highway ride is much better, and on rises and falls on the highway the suspension dampens out more 'normally.'

The rear suspension height is definitely higher, but with the ride much better, I can live with the ride height change.

Also they cleaned my car inside and out!

Overall it appears they did a very good job.

I will need to drive some more to get a full feel for the repair.

Mike

Benman
June 9th, 2006, 15:22
Originally posted by Aronis
My car is much better.

Mike

Glad to hear Mike. When you get my tape, compare the movement of my car to yours (now that its fixed) and let me know how they compare. :thumb:

Ben:addict:

Aronis
June 9th, 2006, 15:31
will do...

I don't think it's 100% factory, but seems more stable. Will be doing the 500 mile loop again this weekend, and will get more info.

The quick acid test is simply pulling into my garage where there is a little lip. When 100% (before leak) the car would hardly notice the lip....after leak the front bounced several (three or four) times after clearing the bump, then the rear as well. Thus my son laughing...LOL....

After the third try in Latham it was no better.

I still feel the front squats too much on stopping, something I don't recall at all before. Perhaps the memory is fading?

I'll report more after the loop.

Getting 5 year/75000 warrantee soon.
$1871 plus tax, Audi Warrantee.

Mike

gjg
June 9th, 2006, 20:26
I still feel the front squats too much on stopping, something I don't recall at all before. Perhaps the memory is fading?

memory is ok, should not do that ..... :doh:

LIRS6
June 10th, 2006, 02:02
My car is much better.

What did this dealer do differently than Latham?

Aronis
June 10th, 2006, 20:51
The dealer in Cicero had the benefit of 6 months of data collected by the regional rep and AOA on this issue.

The guys in Latham probably would have gotten the car to its current state with more time, but they would not even consider that I was right and the car was not fixed correctly. They reported it was back to spec, so when I 'found' the RS6 dealer an hour closer to me.....can't understand why AOA did not point this dealer out to me when I was bitching about the GD drive....and dropped by for a quick looksee, their mechanic IMMEDIATELY said it was NOT right and that he could fix it.

They had the benefit of all four seals being already fixed and the key...

I made it very clear that ALL leaks must be found before even taking the central valves out of their shipping boxes and that once they are connected, that's it. Cannot RE-vent and reload shocks as the pressure is 'out of the bag' after the central valves are connected. Thus if you have another leak or need to repurge, you have to get NEW central valves.

This is a KEY design flaw. The inability to make a system which can be repressurized to a SPECIFIC pressure with in-SHOP equipment is a misserable design mistake.

And further more since my car was MUCH better but not back to normal fully it is clear to me that the 5 bar set pressure in the shocks is TOO LOW and that perhaps going to 7 bar or 8 bar before connecting the central valves would result in DEAD on factory fix.

It remains to be seen.

As more RS6's fail and more owners go in for the repair they will get better at it. I am at this point not interested in pursuing perfection.....my factory warrantee will be up soon.....and I will not be covered for DRC. If it fails, it PSS9s....period.

Mike

cc
June 12th, 2006, 20:47
Mike,

Who is providing the warranty you mention? What level is it, and when does it start? And it covers all DRC components?

thanks!

Aronis
June 13th, 2006, 01:20
Originally posted by cc
Mike,

Who is providing the warranty you mention? What level is it, and when does it start? And it covers all DRC components?

thanks!

Its from "Audi" Premium Plus or something like that, I have to finalize things soon, I am a 42000 miles.

It's supposed to cover the entire suspension....but you never really know do ya?
Does not cover rotors.

Now I have read here that the Rotors are covered under the warrantee (original) But I read that warantee book cover to cover and there is no mention of Rotors!

Oh Well.

Mike

SpinEcho
June 13th, 2006, 03:19
As usual, things are probably different on a stealer-to-stealer basis. I asked for a brake cleaning this spring (covered in salt, stained etc.) and I got a new set of discs and pads! They certainly had a bit of life in them yet, but I guess the stealer was in a good mood...

SoCal
June 14th, 2006, 06:23
Originally posted by Aronis
Its from "Audi" Premium Plus or something like that, I have to finalize things soon, I am a 42000 miles.

It's supposed to cover the entire suspension....but you never really know do ya?
Does not cover rotors.

Now I have read here that the Rotors are covered under the warrantee (original) But I read that warantee book cover to cover and there is no mention of Rotors!

Oh Well.

Mike

My dealer said rotors are covered by original factory warranty. I'm about to replace my front rotors under warranty at next service. Pads already replaced last time. Would have been nice to do them together, but the rotors hadn't quite worn enough for that.

I look forward to your report on the extended warranty, since I'll be looking for one myself if I keep my car past year 4 (still undecided).:rs6kiss:

Glad to hear that your DRC may finally be fixed.

Aronis
June 14th, 2006, 13:13
with moving expenses etc, the $2000.00 is going to be hard to 'put aside' but the clock is ticking....42,000 miles.....

Mike

gjg
June 14th, 2006, 19:46
what is the cost of front and rear rotors in US? And pads ditto?

Aronis
June 15th, 2006, 01:58
If I recall correctly (I posted the exact numbers somewhere here before) the front rotors are about 400 each and the rears about 250 or so....I think the total price for parts pads and rotors is just under 2000

Mike

gjg
June 15th, 2006, 09:06
thanks for the info - it is very close to Movit parts and I was just curios where we are - stealer here tried to charge me approx. $750 for set of front pads alone (price includes 19% VAT), and I am awaiting quote for front rotors ...... :doh:

Benman
June 15th, 2006, 18:43
Originally posted by gjg
stealer here tried to charge me approx. $750 for set of front pads alone (price includes 19% VAT), and I am awaiting quote for front rotors ...... :doh:

Actually George, I think that's about right. I think the front pad set here costs @ $690.00 or so...

jimmy94507
June 15th, 2006, 19:45
You can continue with OEM (made by Pagid), or, for more spirited driving, higher temp pads from Pagid - RS14's. My last set cost $385 + shipping.

Regards, Jimmy

Benman
June 15th, 2006, 20:24
Originally posted by jimmy94507
My last set cost $385 + shipping.

Regards, Jimmy
And I've SEEN that last set in action. Nice!;) :thumb:

gjg
June 15th, 2006, 20:33
well, I've ordered Movit's about week ago for both of our rs6's - stock brakes does not provide "safe" feel in panicky stops from 290+ ...... I can tell you that my arse got pretty damn tight few times ....

and glowing rotors at the border control did raise some curios questions from the friendly "staff" :hahahehe: