PDA

View Full Version : Idiots ... Help

k2
June 6th, 2006, 20:07
All,

Does the RS4 have a dry sump oil pan and does anyone know how many scavengers? What about oil coolers ? I can't find anyone at the dealership that knows ... so I'll aks the experts?

K2

k2
June 6th, 2006, 20:51
No dry sump ... that is absolutely amazing to me !!!! ... possibly a deal killer ... obviously audi does not expect us to track these cars ... really has me thinking twice about backing out of my RS4 ... AudiNA is just setting us up for 'no warranty' support if we track these cars ... unbelievable ... I shouldn't have assumed we would have this ... now the european's really do have something we don't !!!

K2

7:53 RS6
June 6th, 2006, 21:20
If to track a RS4 whit r-compund it recomended to have a big eye to the oil consuption. And make sure you not go low, i heard it drinks a lot if used very hard.

Only real cars have dry sump:hihi: :applause:

7:53 RS6
June 6th, 2006, 21:31
Originally posted by 7:53 RS6
If to track a RS4 whit r-compund it recomended to have a big eye to the oil consuption. And make sure you not go low, i heard it drinks a lot if used very hard.

Only real cars have dry sump:hihi: :applause:

Not even a sports car like Porsche 997 carerra S have one and if going r-c in that one it works, but only untill it dont work, if you know what i mean. And then Porsch say:nono: no warranty if driven 997 on r-c and enging go broke. But on the other hand Audi must have this working as they launch RS4 whit r-compund, so surly it must work, as well as waranty must be valid.

On Porsche sweden its no, no whit warranty if r-tiers. Due to higer g whit r-c, the lubrication can be not god enugh and engine suffer bad.

CSL as well as M-cars as well as Porsche turbo, GT3 and GT2 are all totaly safe whit lubrications due to dry sump. Accualy what do Audi say about this could they ccually have dry sump anyway:confused: Some thing they must have done to cope whit the extra g- that r-c is giving?

KresoF1
June 6th, 2006, 22:35
As an ex. M3(e46) owner I can say that no BMW M engine use dry sump. Check it out!
M5, M6 and new Z4M all without dry sump...

Audihead
June 6th, 2006, 23:02
They used to put baffles in the old E36 M3's that were used for heavy track duty. You can still find modified oil pans for those cars.

k2
June 7th, 2006, 19:28
I just talked to the Tech Director for the SEast (US) and he said the the oil pan design is intended to pick up regardless of bank or gs. I guess it incorporates some geometry the helps keep the oil away from the crankshaft and near the pickup ... He suggested that i should relax ... unless I intend to run NASCAR with it :dance:

CarbonFibre
June 8th, 2006, 02:17
Yeah my brother told me years ago that you would ruin your warrantee if you put slicks on a Carrera. I guess Porsche wants you to buy a track-suited car to actually run on the track, which makes sense.

Parikh1234
June 10th, 2006, 00:07
Originally posted by k2
I just talked to the Tech Director for the SEast (US) and he said the the oil pan design is intended to pick up regardless of bank or gs. I guess it incorporates some geometry the helps keep the oil away from the crankshaft and near the pickup ... He suggested that i should relax ... unless I intend to run NASCAR with it :dance:

damm, im out. I was gonna use the RS4 for NASCAR. i guess ill cancel my order tomorrow:)