PDA

View Full Version : intermittent explosive disorder (aka BS!)

Benman
June 6th, 2006, 16:57
Total BS:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060605/ap_on_sc/road_rage_disease

So now let me get this straight. Now, people can't even except responsibility for getting pissed off and losing their temper! Nooooooo... No, now we have to call it "intermittent explosive disorder"puke: Total BS!!! People! Take responsibility for your actions!!! And doctors!!! Stop find other ways to blame the problem of the simple fact that some people suck on "disease" and "disorders"!!! And of course, like always, there's a drug to "cure" it!:rolleyes: Of course that drug comes with 7 side efffects but then they have drugs to treat those side effects, and so on and so on... Amazing...:rolleyes:

Ben:addict:

bilbozilla
June 7th, 2006, 05:51
Originally posted by Benman
Total BS:

So now let me get this straight. Now, people can't even except responsibility for getting pissed off and losing their temper! Nooooooo... No, now we have to call it "intermittent explosive disorder"puke:

The Americans with Disabilities Act left loopholes like this to classify an individual as "disabled" and eligible to sue for discriminatory actions based on their "uncontrolable" behavior, among other things. Imagine the implications of being able to tell your employer to "F- off" and attibute it to your disability. As an employer telling your employee to "F- off" and having this same "condition", I would imagine the screwed up laws would favor the employee, as he/she had been victimized.

Does anyone here have the guts to try this one out? :)

Benman
June 7th, 2006, 16:15
Originally posted by bilbozilla

Does anyone here have the guts to try this one out? :) :applause:

Well... seeing as how I'm related to the owner of where I work, I won't be able to try either! But a great theory and I'm betting you're dead on right!:thumb:

Mr Balsen
June 7th, 2006, 17:39
Ben,

It is call Business, and there is a huge potential for money ! ! ! !

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Benman
June 7th, 2006, 19:02
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
Ben,

It is call Business, and there is a huge potential for money ! ! ! !

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Yes, but there's a difference.

Senario One: A very sick patient goes to the doctor for a cure. The patient informs the doctor that he is having stomach pains, sleepness nights, headaches, etc... The doctor subscribes a "wonder drug" and after taking the drug for seven days all his symptoms dissapear. Ok, never mind that the doctor never fixed the problem, never mind that he ignored what caused all those things in the first place (because, gee, that would actually have long term medical benefits!:doh: ), but at least he fixed the persons problem (for now).

Senario Two: A perfectly healthy person goes to the doctor for a routine check up. After some tests the doctor informs the patient that there were some things that "worry" him. This or that level seems a tad high. He/she needs to take a daily dose of drug "X" for a "cure". Right... several months later, the said patient reports that he is now suffering several symptoms from drug "X". Hmm... doctor now prescribes MORE drugs to treat the problem the FIRST drug is causing... the endless cycle begins...

In Senario One, although the doctor still ignored the cause, at the very least, he helped the patient. So with this senario I see no problem in making money off selling potentially harmfull drugs to someone, afterall, the patient asked for it.

In Senario Two, I have a BIG problem. Man was fine. The only reason he even went to the docotr is because society tells us "Doing so is "good" for our health". Then, the doctor misguides the patient into believing this wonder drug can fix him (nevermind that he never needed to be fixed in the first place). This is unethical and morally wrong.

And yet Senario Two is EXACTLY what this whole "intermittent explosive disorder" is!!! It is the convincing of millions of individuals that they "need" this or that drug to "fix" them. It (road rage) is not caused by diseases but by pure and simple LACK OF SELF CONTROL. Putting people, who, may I add, are already on the edge of control on mind altering drugs is NOT a solution! In fact, it's part of the cause!

So yeah, there is nothing wrong with the selling of Billions of $$$ worth of drugs to "help" people. But convincing them through the media that they need this is flat wrong. Rant over...

gjg
June 9th, 2006, 20:46
check this one:

-- " NEW LAW COMING FROM CONGRESS -- AMERICANS WITH NO ABILITIES ACT

WASHINGTON, DC - Congress is considering sweeping legislation,which provides new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNAA) is being hailed as a major legislation by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer s tand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they do a better job, or have some idea of what they are doing."

The President pointed to the success of the US Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack job skills, making this agency the single largest US employer of Persons of Inability.

Private sector industries with good records of nondiscrimination against the Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%),and home improvement "warehouse" stores (65%) The DMV also has a great record of hiring Persons of Inability. (63%)

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million "middle man" positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given, to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations which maintain a significant level of Persons of Inability in middle positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNA ACT contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the Nonabled, banning discriminatory interview questions such as "Do you have any goals for the future?" or "Do you have any skills or experience which relate to this job?"

"As a Nonabled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, MI due to her lack of notable job skills. "This new law should really help people like me." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Senator Ted Kennedy, "It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her adequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation."

Please contact your representative right away and let them know you support this act...that is, if you are able...

gjg
June 9th, 2006, 20:48
and gents, make no mistake about it - the same act is being proposed in European Union by a French lawmaker .... did I say French? of sorry, just slip of a tongue .... :D

Benman
June 9th, 2006, 23:15
Originally posted by gjg
check this one:

-- " NEW LAW COMING FROM CONGRESS -- AMERICANS WITH NO ABILITIES ACT

Please contact your representative right away and let them know you support this act...that is, if you are able...
LOL!!!:applause: That's about it!