PDA

View Full Version : After market suspensions

LIRS6
June 6th, 2006, 14:30
Who has dumped the DRC for an after-market suspension? Any comments ref Stasis (Ohlins) or Bilstein PSS9 systems? My DRC is on the fritz, and if the dealer can't get the repair done right, then I plan to change the suspension. TIA

Aronis
June 6th, 2006, 14:44
Several have put in PSS9.....check for prior post....one reported excellent out come.

Ohlin's can be done by guy in Norwalk CT for about $5000. (Speedtechnic.com, one of RS6.com's advertisers) They have done many RS6 mods including suspension with excellent results.

I asked Audi for the simple thing..put the shocks from an S6 in my car...done....EOM...DONE....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's not RS6 EOM....argue..........

Mike

nene
June 6th, 2006, 22:17
I'll go with the PSS9 setup sometime in the future.
Still trying to enjoy some of the recent mods though.

DetailersDomain
June 7th, 2006, 00:15
is there a specific part number or are people using the a6 4.2 versions of these upgrades?

Aronis
June 7th, 2006, 00:19
I spoke directly to Bilstein (Twice) about the mythical different part number for the RS6.

There is a reseller on-line, cant recall URL, who shows the RS6 model with an aditional letter at the end...but according to Bilstein they do not have any such designation. The one listed on their website for A6/S6 also is for the RS6.

The PDF file you down load from their site does not include the RS6 in the list, but he mailed me another pdf file with RS6 included. I will try to find that PDF file.

Mike

Bilstein number GM5-8868-HO

DetailersDomain
June 7th, 2006, 00:24
cool thanks!