PDA

View Full Version : Allocation 4 Sale

Al Delemo
March 22nd, 2003, 00:38
I am considering selling my allocation on my RS6. I have not ordered it yet so everything is open. Besides early runs on special builds are usually problems. Anybody knowing someone interested can email acsi@email.com. I am located in the New York area.

jconley
March 22nd, 2003, 00:56
Good luck, but i think you may find it hard to do this. Many people have dropped out of the processes when it came to ponying up the deposit (8 at my dealer). There are many open spots aroung the country

Finnus
March 22nd, 2003, 11:59
I don't think this is true. The car has been in production for 2 years now, and they've made at least a few thousand already. So I wouldn't exactly call this an early run.:D

Al Delemo
March 22nd, 2003, 14:25
Originally posted by jconley
Good luck, but i think you may find it hard to do this. Many people have dropped out of the processes when it came to ponying up the deposit (8 at my dealer). There are many open spots aroung the country

My ponying part was done a year ago. I'm not all that impressed anymore with the RS6, did you see the movie someone posted against the M3? I've seen about 8 RS6's sell on Ebay one went for $ 5300.00 plus deposit return and at MSRP.
Al

98 A-4 2.8Q
90 928 S-4
03 A-6 4.2Q

Erik
March 22nd, 2003, 14:34
Originally posted by Al Delemo
did you see the movie someone posted against the M3?

Don't let that let you down, that M3 is very fast. We (rs6.com / bmwm5.com) did the video.
I asked Gustav who drove the RS6 and he wasn't even sure what gear he was in and if it was in sports mode.
I'm ripping the DV-tapes tomorrow, they did more takes than the one posted.

If you get to test drive the RS6 I don't think it will disappoint you. :bye:

Al Delemo
March 22nd, 2003, 15:03
Originally posted by Finnus
I don't think this is true. The car has been in production for 2 years now, and they've made at least a few thousand already. So I wouldn't exactly call this an early run.:D

Finnus,
We as Americans are 2nd rate consumers to Audi. We don't get half the options available in Europe i.e. 19" wheels, center console NAV w/DVD, Recaro's, a spare tire and a number of other codes n/a in North America. I have a 02 A-6 4.2 and it drifts to the right all the time! They can't correct it, I actually have to lower the air pressure in the front left tire 3 lbs. to get it to track straight. The front window motors (both) have been replaced twice because they bind and squeek. The OEM tires (Conti's) shake a little at 50mph, they have been balanced 4 times since I've picked up the car. WE DON"T GET WHAT THE EUROPEANS GET. I'm taking my $ 90,000.00 to my Porsche dealer.

Al
98 A-4 2.8Q
90 928 S-4 (50K miles)
02 A-6 4.2Q

scoop
March 23rd, 2003, 09:24
a) There's no OEM Nav with DVD from Audi
b) None of the RS cars ever had a spare tire

Just nitpicking..

FatBoy
March 23rd, 2003, 18:11
Originally posted by Finnus

The RS6 hasn't yet been in production for 1 year, let alone 2. It wasn't until around Feb. last year (2002) that Audi actually confirmed that they would put it into production. I ordered the first UK car in November 2001 based on the "rumour". I took delivery in November last year and as I said, I had the first UK customer car. I would also suggest that current production is still in the hundreds rather than thousands.

Cheers
Paul

P.S. I've since sold it and bought a late used RS4. Damn near same performance for a lot less money, although the RS6 really is something pretty special, given the space and a clean licence :trans:

Erik
March 23rd, 2003, 19:18
LOL! I edited a few more videos today.
I have a video where the RS6 is faster than the M3. How's that? :addict:

But to be fair I included the video where the M3 wins as well :D

BBGT2
March 24th, 2003, 03:46
:p
Wah, wah wah, I dont care what anyone says, the RS6 RULES, I dont care about the M3 race. As they say a car is only good as the driver. I dont mean to bash anyone, but it seems that as we get close to delivery time and $ time alot of people are saying nah its not that fast. From talking with friends and relatives from abroad, Europe cant get enough of the RS6. I guess its just a matter of taste like I like to say " It's an RS thing, some people just CANT get them"LOL.
You want faster get a GT2, Murcielago, etc. me I wanna take my family with me and blow the doors of that Chevy Corvette at the light, but wait, been there done that in my 94 UrS4:D
All you guys here are a fine bunch, just dont bash the RS6 OK, I take it personally, but seriously all the best to all who read this.

Bajo :addict: :

taipan
March 24th, 2003, 07:01
Checking some figures, thanks for the hint Scoop.
;-)

scoop
March 24th, 2003, 07:05
Umm... basic list price in Germany is EUR 86.500 for the sedan and EUR 88.500 for the Avant. How'd you get to the EUR 100.000 figure?

taipan
March 24th, 2003, 07:24
Bajor,

About your friends/relatives who can't get hold of RS6 in Europe, there is a big choice and very competitive prices on Mobile.de.(probably the largest site for second-hand in Europe).

On Mobile.de last week, a whopping 195 (one hundred ninety five) RS6 for sale, starting at :
- RS6 Avant 26,500km : EUR 72,900
- RS6 Avant 16,500km : EUR 73,500
- Spanish-license RS6 Avant : EUR 75,636
- RS6 Avant 16,600km : EUR 75,900
- RS6 Avant 6,100km : EUR 77,500
- RS6 Avant 26,000km : EUR 77.900
etc.
About +/- 100 of them are below EUR 85,000.
Basic List price from Audi Konfigurator on Audi.de is € 89.600,00 for the Avant, excluding options.

The search form of www.mobile.de enter "RS6" in the Modell field.

Don't get me wrong, I discovered the two RS6 at the RS4 Challenge in Hockenheim last November and was "blasted", what an Avant, what a sound, and under the rain and among a pack of 20-25 furious RS4s, it surely had no shame...

Now, although it's debatable to estimate the depreciation on these and compare it with Porsche (thanks again Scoop ;-), I got to stop using the Audi FR list prices in EUR cause these guys take 10% for transport over DE list prices... ), it's nevertheless a big pack of cars to be sold just 3-6 months after launch.

Eric

Benman
March 24th, 2003, 15:32
hey bajo, i'm with you:cheers:

no matter what anyone says (friends, family or even some
members of this forum) nothing will deter me from getting
the RS6:bow:

the car simply rocks, and a bad start or wrong gear does not
even come close to detering me. recently i rented a A4 1.8
quattro for an audi event and the car in front was a subaru
WRX and that driver was LOSING ground to me in the turns.
does that mean that the 1.8 is faster than the WRX? HECK
NO!! it just means that he was either in the wrong gear or
he sucked at driving on a race track:hihi:

MAKE MINE AUDI RS6
:addict:
ben

FatBoy
March 24th, 2003, 17:23
I'm not knocking the RS6, but once you've got used to the performance...and you do quite quickly because it is so easy to drive, there seems to be little more available in terms of driver reward. The RS6 is almost too competent, it does everything incredibly well regardless of the skill of the driver. It will make a very average driver look very good, but a good driver won't look that much better.
Don't get me wrong, I loved it for the time I owned it, but ultimately, I find the RS4 more rewarding.

Paul

Snow
March 24th, 2003, 18:07
Quick question, did the automatic vs. manuel transmission have anything to do with your choice?

FatBoy
March 24th, 2003, 18:48
Hi Snow,
No, not really. The Auto on the RS6 is first rate, especially in "sport" mode. I hardly ever used the steering wheel mounted paddles, the 'box almost always finds the perfect gear itself, regardless of the circumstances.
It's just that the RS6, as awesome as it is, is slightly uninvolving. It's the ulimate mile-eater for crossing continents, but here in the UK, I "think" I prefer the RS4......and it's GBP20k cheaper :D
Cheers
Paul

turbo2z
March 26th, 2003, 05:22
Originally posted by Al Delemo
Finnus,
We as Americans are 2nd rate consumers to Audi. We don't get half the options available in Europe i.e. 19" wheels, center console NAV w/DVD, Recaro's, a spare tire and a number of other codes n/a in North America. I have a 02 A-6 4.2 and it drifts to the right all the time! They can't correct it, I actually have to lower the air pressure in the front left tire 3 lbs. to get it to track straight. The front window motors (both) have been replaced twice because they bind and squeek. The OEM tires (Conti's) shake a little at 50mph, they have been balanced 4 times since I've picked up the car. WE DON"T GET WHAT THE EUROPEANS GET. I'm taking my $ 90,000.00 to my Porsche dealer.

Al
98 A-4 2.8Q
90 928 S-4 (50K miles)
02 A-6 4.2Q

I don't want to start a pissing contest here, but the reason we (USA) are not getting the 19"s is quite simple. The mind set of the US buyer is that everything is under warranty. If the driver hits a pot hole and bends a wheel Audi should pay for it. I hear it day in and day out. This reason was told to me by a person in the field. The Nav won't be available until the new A8 hits our shores in June. The seats are still Recaro's they just don't say it on the bottom, as for the spare it will be there.
As for the 4.2 you have your dealer needs to try and cross switch the tires. It sounds like a radial pull to me.

:bigeyes:

Finnus
March 26th, 2003, 12:45
[i] the reason we (USA) are not getting the 19"s is quite simple. The mind set of the US buyer is that everything is under warranty. If the driver hits a pot hole and bends a wheel Audi should pay for it.

My dealer told me the exact same thing. The other reason is the quality of the roads here in the US. Certainly in the Northeast, the roads are in the worst condition that I can remember due to the harsh winter. That would only exacerbate the warranty issue.

Benman
March 26th, 2003, 15:09
i admit those are legitimate reasons to not bring the 19"s
stateside. but then heck, give me a disclaimer to sign for the
optional 19" wheels. at least the option would be nice. but
i guess i can take a tiny bit of comfort in knowing i'll have a
little bit nicer ride quality on the 18"s:vsad2:

Erik
March 26th, 2003, 15:22
Why not buy some really nice 19" or 20" wheels after some time?
Or will that void the warranty as well?

Benman
March 26th, 2003, 15:40
Originally posted by Erik B
Why not buy some really nice 19" or 20" wheels after some time?
Or will that void the warranty as well?

no, there wouldn't be any warranty issues if i bought aftermarket
wheels. in fact my salesman was even encouraging me to do so.
call me weird but there's nothing like having a really nice set of
wheels that happen to be factory. and 19"s in the U.S.? it'd be
the only car for sale in the U.S. with FACTORY 19"s. now THAT
would be sweet! oh, well :cheers:

BBGT2
March 26th, 2003, 15:43
I dont see how it could void a warranty when and if you decide about getting different size wheels and tires. I have done it on my S8 and have not heard a peep out of my Audi delaer regarding any warranty issues, now brake squeal we are still fighting about.
I will be getting 19" wheels and tires for my RS6 shortly after I get the puppy in my hands.
Benman I do agree with you as far as Audi should have given us the option to at least get the 19's I would have gladly signed a waiver regarding bent wheels, you just got to be careful with how you drive, I know here in the chicagoland we also have potholes galore but you gotta watch out is all, I havent bent a wheel on any of my cars since I was a teenager and didnt care back then, now my wife is a different story she feels the potholes should move for her, now we know she will NEVER drive my RS6 by herself, LOL. I have to admit she has been very very careful with the S8 so we will see. LOL

Bajo:addict:

Benman
March 26th, 2003, 15:51
Originally posted by Bajors6
I dont see how it could void a warranty when and if you decide about getting different size wheels and tires. I have done it on my S8 and have not heard a peep out of my Audi delaer regarding any warranty issues, now brake squeal we are still fighting about.
I will be getting 19" wheels and tires for my RS6 shortly after I get the puppy in my hands.
Benman I do agree with you as far as Audi should have given us the option to at least get the 19's I would have gladly signed a waiver regarding bent wheels, you just got to be careful with how you drive, I know here in the chicagoland we also have potholes galore but you gotta watch out is all, I havent bent a wheel on any of my cars since I was a teenager and didnt care back then, now my wife is a different story she feels the potholes should move for her, now we know she will NEVER drive my RS6 by herself, LOL. I have to admit she has been very very careful with the S8 so we will see. LOL

Bajo:addict:

yeh, i got to admit i'm worried about the misses driving my RS6
as well. she's already scared of it and she's never even sat in it!
but i'm sure she'll do fine:cheers:

jconley
March 26th, 2003, 15:58
In the US the consumer has ALL of the power in a warranty scenario...it is quite difficult for manufacturers to deny warranty claims even on modified cars. The manufacturer must *prove* that the modification caused the problem...usuall very difficult, or impossible,