PDA

View Full Version : My RS 6 has arrived !!

Alex K
March 21st, 2003, 16:46
Canīt believe it, but my RS6 arrived today at my dealer well ahead of planned delivery date:cheers:
Will have to wait 2 months though before I can pick it up as I need to wait for the lease on my current A6 to expire:mad:
I am trying to attach a picture (still with protective film on the car) but am not sure how to do this:confused: . Maybe somebody can give a hint if it doesnīt work.

Erik
March 21st, 2003, 17:06
2 months waiting for a car that exists... :bigeyes:

Nice color. What's the name?

itisme
March 21st, 2003, 17:15
looking nice.. the red looks cool :D..

what wheels have you got? 5 spoke or the other one? oh and congratulations for this perfect car ;):D.. think you`ll have lot of fun with it :)

Mfg me

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 18:45
2 months is going to be a LONG wait with the car right there:D

that's a special order color isn't it?

:addict:

krm
March 21st, 2003, 19:36
Congrats on the car, Alex. Kind of tough to see your own car in the flesh and not being able to take possession of it :incar: :(

Love the color, think it matches the RS6 quite well. Hope the next 2 months go by quickly for you. :cheers:

BBGT2
March 21st, 2003, 19:53
Alex, lucky dog you are, congrats on ur new baby.
Question for you, how in the hell are you gonna force yourself not to go and see if she needs anything while you are waiting to take her into your arms and show her the real world. LOL

Just kidding once again congrats and 2 months really isnt that long now, is it:confused:

Very nice color indeed. Good luck to you

Bajo :addict:

urquattro83
March 21st, 2003, 23:39
Very Nice car:addict: and a beautiful color!!

and.........

I know a very good owner for the next 2 months:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Alex K
March 22nd, 2003, 08:45
Hi everybody,

Thanks a bunch for the friendly comments.
The wait is tough but (luckily or not) my dealer is about 350 km from my home, so stopping by when I feel like it is not really an option.
The color is indeed a special order and is called "Siena Red II" (a BMW Z3 color), and yes, itīs got the 19ī alloys.
The interior is grey leather and aluminum trim instead of the carbon (see attached picture)

Benman
March 24th, 2003, 15:06
looks great!:cheers:

any speacial reason you opted for the 4 spoke steering rim
other than stereo controls?

Alex K
March 24th, 2003, 15:23
Benman,

Itīs just convenience as the 4-spoke has heating.
Itīs funny, but I have (only) a 2-car garage. The two cars occupying it are my wifeīs car (of course) and my Corvette Convertible. That makes my daily driver (now A6 2,8 - soon to be RS6) reside in the driveway by night. I just thought it would be great idea to have a heated steering wheel after a cold winter night.

To All,

Looking at the pics that my dealer mailed me, I discovered that - by choosing the brushed aluminum trim instead of the carbon fiber trim - all the parts on the console (trim around cup holder, ash-tray, trim around shifter and parking brake trim) were changed to dark plastic - not very appealing. No mentioning of this in any of the promotion materials.
Does anyone know whether this is standard when changing the trim options or whether these parts are even available in brushed aluminum (which would raise the question why they didnīt put it on my car...)

Thanks for any input !

Alex

Erik
March 24th, 2003, 17:32
Alex, I asked RS6-Thomas on the forum who has the same trim.
It is as it supposed to be. He says you could probably order more of the details with the aluminium trim if you wanted (maybe too much of the good stuff?)

Alex K
March 25th, 2003, 07:17
Hi Erik,

Thanks to you and RS6-Thomas for checking into the aluminum trim issue for me.
My dealer is also talking to quattro GmbH to find out if more trim parts are available in aluminum. If not - he told me - quattro GmbH would be happy provide carbon fiber for the missing/plain plastic trim pieces to be added at the dealer.
Needless to say that I am very pleased with quattroīs customer focus on this issue.

scoop
March 25th, 2003, 14:51
The only trim coming with plastic in the middle console is brushed aluminium.

Talking to my contact at quattro GmbH revealed that making the parts that have been replaced with plastic in brushed aluminium would be quite elaborate and therefore costly for the customer. That's why they decided on plastic although I'd have actually preferred carbon fibre or whatever too.

Hope this helps
Patrick (typing this from Las Vegas with his RS6 way too far away :cry: )

Alex K
March 25th, 2003, 14:58
Scoop,

Thanks for your input.
Just received a call from my dealer saying that aluminum in the middle console is a definite no-go (as you said)
So now they will provide the carbon fiber parts at no extra charge and install them at the dealer while my car sits there and waits for me......

Benman
March 25th, 2003, 15:10
Originally posted by Alex K
Scoop,

Thanks for your input.
Just received a call from my dealer saying that aluminum in the middle console is a definite no-go (as you said)
So now they will provide the carbon fiber parts at no extra charge and install them at the dealer while my car sits there and waits for me......

that's great to hear about their customer service. hope that
quality makes it stateside:cheers: