PDA

View Full Version : US Market S Line Price

Benman
June 2nd, 2006, 17:23
S Line Price: $2150.00 on the 4.2 Premium. At first glance sounds a lot for painted bumpers. But then I thought about it:

First, Premium customers here have to pay $800.00 for the optional 20"s so minus that off the price and now you're at $1350.00. But then minus off the Paddle shifters which are a $690.00 option and now you're at $660.00 for painted bumpers and a quality bodyshop will not be able to match that price. So actually, the price for the S Line option is a really good one IMHO.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Benman
June 7th, 2006, 21:51
Maybe worth the price difference, but a bummer about the wait!:cry:

Just heard from the salesman today. Despite my order being placed on the 29th of April, the order just now was finally submitted (today was the first day that Audi was accepting US orders of S Line pkg for the Q7).

So...now the wait begins. Bummer. And here I thought I was getting closer. Anyone else confirm?

**edit** rheudabaga:cheers: ,

I see you sneaking around here! :D Feel free to post more often. BTW, everything going good with the LR3?

gjg
June 7th, 2006, 22:36
haha - my partner order Q and there is no cponfirmation to date ..... tsts

still, sales guy tels us 90 days delivery, so that beasts delivery in Europe by ... about .... 6 months? :doh:

YlwBeast
July 3rd, 2006, 15:47
Benman,

Ditto on the S-Line package! I agree as I'm considering one to go along with my RS4 (go k2!). BTW while justifying the the price difference, don't forget the S-Line comes with a multi-function 3-Spoke steering wheel in addition to the paddle-shift. Also there is to be a modified front grill, headlight washers (don't think this is currently available-have to check) and brushed-aluminum trim.

Something to also consider, though it may be a negative, for those considering a lease, my salesperson informed me that the S-Line WILL be 2-points lower on the residual than the regular or the premium equipped. have to do some calculations to see what that equates to in mthly pymnts.

Benman
July 3rd, 2006, 18:07
Originally posted by YlwBeast
Benman,

Something to also consider, though it may be a negative, for those considering a lease, my salesperson informed me that the S-Line WILL be 2-points lower on the residual than the regular or the premium equipped. have to do some calculations to see what that equates to in mthly pymnts.
I'll be buying but good to know. :thumb: Seems I'm looking more like sometime October for delivery instead of September...

rheudabaga
July 3rd, 2006, 18:52
Hey Benman!

Congrats on your S-line order. Jealous, I am.

LR3 is working out just fine, though. My wife LOVES it. No problems so far and the few times I've driven it I've been pretty impressed. It's most definitely on the truck side of the SUV equation.

Also, I'm really enjoying the S4 Avant. I see RS4's on the streets here in Chicago now and again and my heart weeps :cry: , but the S4 really is a great car and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Much more fun to drive than my old S6.

Benman
July 3rd, 2006, 19:27
Originally posted by rheudabaga
Hey Benman!

Congrats on your S-line order. Jealous, I am.

LR3 is working out just fine, though. My wife LOVES it. No problems so far and the few times I've driven it I've been pretty impressed. It's most definitely on the truck side of the SUV equation.

Hello there Rheudabga:cheers: ,

Honestly, I've never been a "car based SUV" kinda guy and have always prefered truck based as they seem like a "real" SUV to me. That said, the Q7 will make the wife super happy and the S Line version in Daytona Grey will make me happy.;) :D

Don't feel too bad about the RS 4. The S4 is hardly anything to be sad about as like you said, it puts a smile on your face.

BTW: What is the average fuel consumption on long trips in the LR3?

rheudabaga
July 3rd, 2006, 19:40
on the highway, the LR3 has been around 13mpg. not so good!

Benman
July 3rd, 2006, 19:44

Ouch. I was hoping it would have been better! We shall see what the Q7 actually does on the highway. Speed makes a big difference and I don't plan on going much faster than 75 in that thing.

Audihead
July 11th, 2006, 01:44

That's too low. You should be getting at least 16 to 17. I used to get that with my old '03 Disco.:confused:

rheudabaga
July 11th, 2006, 01:54
The dealer told me it would creep up over the first couple of months. I haven't driven it in a while, so I'll take a look at this the next time I'm in it...

Benman
July 11th, 2006, 15:50
Originally posted by Audihead
That's too low.

I agree. I'm hearing some AudiWorld Q7 owners are seeing high teens to low 20's on highway, and 13 in city. True, the Q7 is more areodynamic, but not that much more so. And they both weigh about the same...

gjg
July 11th, 2006, 19:01
Ben, my stealer gets about 3 mpg better mileage than I get on the beast .... :D

Benman
July 11th, 2006, 19:05
Originally posted by gjg
Ben, my stealer gets about 3 mpg better mileage than I get on the beast .... :D

You know, that is funny. The irony in buying a big 5500lbs SUV to increase fuel economy!!!:applause: :applause:

gjg
July 11th, 2006, 19:07
with FSI I forgot to add ...... TDI is much better ....

Benman
July 11th, 2006, 19:10
Originally posted by gjg
with FSI I forgot to add ...... TDI is much better ....

Yeah, with TDI, you might actually see 5mpg better.:D

BTW, are the MTM mods to the RS 6 completed?