PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Nürburgring. Heavily modded RS6 sedan (NOZ)

Erik
June 2nd, 2006, 09:12
http://www.carfreaks.net/albums/ring052006/060525_1.jpg

http://www.carfreaks.net/albums/ring052006/060525_2.jpg

Bonus picture

http://www.carfreaks.net/albums/bugatti_veyron/IMG_7948.jpg

Pics by Carfreaks

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50154

k2
June 2nd, 2006, 13:50
Well that's just not practical ... where you gonna put your sundries ...

Wow ... that's a lot of spray ... nice touch on the bottle warmers ... u think he voided the warranty

Erik ... have you seen the Veyron at the Ring... I'm just curious what she sounds like at speed ?

:wo:

clam
June 2nd, 2006, 14:36
http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/trip_reports/trip42/audifire1-dennis-oosting.jpg

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/trip_reports/trip42/audifire2-ian-murphy.jpg

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/trip_reports/trip42/42-audi-rs6-paul-hankins-1.jpg

alex_s3
June 2nd, 2006, 14:43
Any specs on the RS6 ?

Btw: What is Veyron's time on the ring?:vhmmm:

Rupert
June 2nd, 2006, 15:20
Originally posted by alex_s3
Any specs on the RS6 ?

Btw: What is Veyron's time on the ring?:vhmmm:

'bout 2 minutes? :hihi:

54m
June 2nd, 2006, 17:21
Damm there that much noz he could blow him self up with that and is that Rs6 on fire or is it me???

sam

sturs6
June 2nd, 2006, 17:38
Originally posted by 54m
Damm there that much noz he could blow him self up with that and is that Rs6 on fire or is it me???

sam
yes it is on fire and it looks like the same RS6 that had all of the nitrous in it!

BBGT2
June 2nd, 2006, 19:05
Originally posted by 54m

sam

Nah its not on fire its just "venting" :D !

Nice hood louvres ehh.
Man that is just nuts to have NOS in that car and then take it to the "ring".
That guy is just plain old craaaazzzzy, more power to him, no pun intended.

The Veyron looks say "get outta my way, or else".

I read the full write up on another website from where the pictures came from, those guys were at the ring for a full week. Very interesting write up and alot of nice pictures, the guys were from Finland.

Bajo:addict:

Mr Balsen
June 2nd, 2006, 19:56
I agree NOS on a Turbo car is completely crazy.

Cheers,
Frederic

Aronis
June 2nd, 2006, 20:15
it was most likely being used to SPRAY the intercoolers as opposed to spray into the intake. This is a common Turbo Ricer trick on the WRX.

Thus the fire.

This also explains the number of tanks...unless he was planning on running a 24 hour race......

Mike

Benman
June 2nd, 2006, 20:28
"SSSSSmokinnnnnn!"

Ben:addict:

Mr Balsen
June 2nd, 2006, 20:34
Originally posted by Aronis
it was most likely being used to SPRAY the intercoolers as opposed to spray into the intake. This is a common Turbo Ricer trick on the WRX.

Thus the fire.

This also explains the number of tanks...unless he was planning on running a 24 hour race......

Mike

I prefer this explanation but the NOW will be spray on the intercoolers, which are located in front of the wheels.

Why the fire near the hood ?

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

BBGT2
June 2nd, 2006, 20:50
If he wanted to be like a ricer, some of those guys just get a block of dry ice and place it in front of their IC's that gives them a real nice chill.
That looks like a real nice blue/whitish flame shooting out of the hood vent.
Wonder what audi is going to do about that problem, LOL.

Bajo

54m
June 2nd, 2006, 20:55
Originally posted by Bajors6
Nah its not on fire its just "venting" :D !

Nice hood louvres ehh.
Man that is just nuts to have NOS in that car and then take it to the "ring".
That guy is just plain old craaaazzzzy, more power to him, no pun intended.

The Veyron looks say "get outta my way, or else".

I read the full write up on another website from where the pictures came from, those guys were at the ring for a full week. Very interesting write up and alot of nice pictures, the guys were from Finland.

Bajo:addict:

:DLoL I think you are right he is off his head wreking such a expensive with all that crap in the back of it give it to someone who know how to care of Rs6

Sam Is that a u.k plate on it??

Rupert
June 3rd, 2006, 07:21
Originally posted by 54m
Is that a u.k plate on it?? [/B]

It looks like a UK plate, right-hand drive, correct font etc.

The plate is now on a...
Manufacturer AUDI
Model A8 L TDI QUATTRO
Body type 4 DOOR SALOON
Colour GREY
Fuel type HEAVY OIL
Date manufactured 24 June 2004
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 01 July 2005

Bingocaller
June 3rd, 2006, 18:10
If that Veyron was going for it why did he have the wing up?

I thought that when u moved into "hyperspace mode" the rear wing would be down?

jinglis
June 4th, 2006, 16:03
When I arrved in the car park at the Ring last week the first thing I saw was that RS6 with the boot open...I thought the bloke must have real big balls to drive the car at the Ring; I hope it is for spraying the intercoolers.

Leadfoot
June 4th, 2006, 21:07
Originally posted by Bingocaller
If that Veyron was going for it why did he have the wing up?

I thought that when u moved into "hyperspace mode" the rear wing would be down?

It's on the ring, wing up (handling mode) you do the maths.:doh:

clam
June 4th, 2006, 21:54
This is the text that acompanies the pictures I posted of the fire.

An Audi RS6 caught fire at the exit:

This turned out to be a 700bhp machine with a rather substantial NOX system.

The fire was caused when the fuel-hose came loose and spilled fuel onto the hot turbo. The owner says that as three different companies had been involved in prepping the car, it will be hard to pin it on one of them.

Fortunately the damage was minor, an ex-AA mechanic helped them sort it out, and it was running again the next day.

source (http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/trip_reports/trip42/)

Bingocaller
June 4th, 2006, 22:56
Originally posted by Leadfoot
It's on the ring, wing up (handling mode) you do the maths.:doh:

Yes I know u need the handling on the ring - just thougt that if u wanted the best time u would need "wing down mode". If u are going to take your Veyron round the Ring imo u are not the average joe of the street = u would be able to handle the car

Benman
June 5th, 2006, 15:06
Originally posted by Bingocaller
Yes I know u need the handling on the ring - just thougt that if u wanted the best time u would need "wing down mode". If u are going to take your Veyron round the Ring imo u are not the average joe of the street = u would be able to handle the car

A Professional Bugatti test pilot crashed one at 220mph! So yeah, even professionals need the "handling" mode in that Beast.

As for the RS 6, 700hp is a great figure, but Champion Audi already proved that 700hp was possible with the RS 6 engine without using NOS... so I wonder why the owner risked the NOS installation? To what, save a couple of bucks?:nono: :doh:

Mr Balsen
June 5th, 2006, 15:19
Originally posted by Benman
A Professional Bugatti test pilot crashed one at 220mph! So yeah, even professionals need the "handling" mode in that Beast.

As for the RS 6, 700hp is a great figure, but Champion Audi already proved that 700hp was possible with the RS 6 engine without using NOS... so I wonder why the owner risked the NOS installation? To what, save a couple of bucks?:nono: :doh:

Ben,

Are you talking about the crash at Nardo ? If so, the speed was 234 mph and the crash was due to front tire exploding due to the heat. It took nearly 2 kilometers to stop the car along the wall ! ! ! And the pilot was not injured ! ! !

MTM has done 850hp on the RS6 engine for the Gumpert Apollo without NOS. And even more but I am not suppose to tell you....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Benman
June 5th, 2006, 15:27
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
Ben,

Are you talking about the crash at Nardo ? If so, the speed was 234 mph...

Yep, that's the one. 234? Even faster! And yes, I had heard that the pilot survived, amazing.

MTM has done 850hp on the RS6 engine...
Frederic

850...even better :D See, no need for NOS.:trash: :D

Mr Balsen
June 5th, 2006, 16:28
Originally posted by Benman
Yep, that's the one. 234? Even faster! And yes, I had heard that the pilot survived, amazing.

850...even better :D See, no need for NOS.:trash: :D

The pilot survived and walk away from the car ! ! !

850hp is the official maximun power from MTM. It can be more....
But heat is the problem. Unglyness is unfortunately very efficient...

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Benman
June 5th, 2006, 16:43

850hp is the official maximun power from MTM.

And 850 is plenty! SO then, two questions: What kinda $$$ are we talking about for a 650-700hp RS 6?

And second: What kinda $$$ are we talking about for that 850 hp RS 6?:dance:

Iceman
June 5th, 2006, 17:10
Originally posted by sturs6
yes it is on fire and it looks like the same RS6 that had all of the nitrous in it!
Yes and wenn it blows and get fire you will see a very nice Blue/Green fire color.
There for the fire is not nitrous.

Hans.

Mr Balsen
June 5th, 2006, 17:13
A lot of money ! !

580hp is the maximun power on the official MTM price list. I can ask MTM Germany if you are really interested.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Benman
June 5th, 2006, 17:54
A lot of money ! !

580hp is the maximun power on the official MTM price list. I can ask MTM Germany if you are really interested.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

No worries. It's for no time soon so I'll let you know when/if the time comes...

CarbonFibre
June 7th, 2006, 11:46
Originally posted by BBGT2
If he wanted to be like a ricer, some of those guys just get a block of dry ice and place it in front of their IC's that gives them a real nice chill.
That looks like a real nice blue/whitish flame shooting out of the hood vent.
Wonder what audi is going to do about that problem, LOL.
I guess MTM are ricers then, because I've seen them do the same thing in a video.

As for the Bugatti, you're going to want the wing up for that downforce at speed, especially when you're cornering. Also notice the large vent section behind the front wheels that's not on the production version. The Veyron's track time around the N-ring probably isn't as good as some people may think.

Mr Balsen
June 7th, 2006, 12:07
MTM and a lot of other tuners are using Ice cube to improve the cooling of their intercooler for Vmax tests. I have also seen Gemballa doint if at the Nurburgring.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

dfreems
November 25th, 2007, 13:23

i will have the most powerfull rs6 (2002) model very soon, the nos was used because you can not get more than around 600bhp unless you start beating the baulkhead to be able to fit large turbos which i will do and of course the trans will not cope with 900 nm of torque hence manual box being fitted now :mech: :rs6kiss:

parkertseng
November 26th, 2007, 02:06
how does the engine hood really work? i mean the one with vent from mtm ( i believe it is from mtm right ? ) thinking to get one of it or similar product, how much will that cost me? cheers!

Chuangs4
November 26th, 2007, 15:30
i will have the most powerfull rs6 (2002) model very soon, the nos was used because you can not get more than around 600bhp unless you start beating the baulkhead to be able to fit large turbos which i will do and of course the trans will not cope with 900 nm of torque hence manual box being fitted now :mech: :rs6kiss:I also think that 600hp is the maximal power that original RS6 engine could be held. My RS600 will be comming back here within 3 months. Only what I know now is that it costs me lots of money.....
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Erik
November 26th, 2007, 15:54
i will have the most powerfull rs6 (2002) model very soon:

My RS600 will be comming back here within 3 months.

I think I speak for everyone, but is there a slight possibility that we can learn more about your cars and maybe see some pics and hear the history? :hahahehe:

Thanks in advance!

Benman
November 26th, 2007, 17:53
I think I speak for everyone...

You speak for me! Yes, please post pics and detailed info por favor!:cheers:

Chuangs4
November 26th, 2007, 18:17
I think I speak for everyone, but is there a slight possibility that we can learn more about your cars and maybe see some pics and hear the history? :hahahehe:

Thanks in advance!Okay guys, I promise to share the pics with you all while I get the car back. Now my RS6 is in the surface dellivery way to Switzerland. I ordered the RS600 complete car package for her... Hope to see her soon!:heart: :heart: :heart:

rs-mad
November 26th, 2007, 21:58
The Audi RS6 Engine is capable of much more than 600hp in standard form, it has Forged Pistons, Forged Steel Conrods and Forged Steel Crankshaft.

With a decent pair of turbochargers, intercoolers, fuel system I dont see why you couldnt make 800+hp on pump fuel (98Ron) but as stated heat becomes a major issue, and with a manual transmission 7000-7500rpm would be possible also ;)

Mori
November 27th, 2007, 20:45
We have a 1000+ HP S4 B5 in Poland - granted they made heavy mods to the engine and NOS but its only blown a few times. :) Low 9s in the 1/4 mile AFAIR.