PDA

View Full Version : RS4 in the USA recieved

96a4
May 31st, 2006, 17:20
Just recieved our 1st RS4 in today. And WOW it is amazing looking and the performance WOW!!!:revs: :wo: :rs4kiss:

Erik
May 31st, 2006, 17:28
Updated thread title :p

Well...congratulations! Are you the first in the US?

I think I speak for everyone when I say I want pictures :deal:

96a4
May 31st, 2006, 17:39
Not sure if my dealership is the 1st. Price tag is at $66k base

More
May 31st, 2006, 19:00
Originally posted by 96a4
Not sure if my dealership is the 1st. Price tag is at $66k base

66k is a good price!
In Sweden it's about 99k.

BigRick
May 31st, 2006, 19:20
Originally posted by More
66k is a good price!
In Sweden it's about 99k.

Sorry to bring that up again... but at least there's an ocean between US and Sweden. It's not our case and we have to pay over 100k to get one. :doh:

nyrs6
May 31st, 2006, 20:43
Try to get the new RS4 owner to join this board.

96a4
May 31st, 2006, 20:58
66k is base, the one we have here now has the Preium package and gas tax comes out to be 73k

BigRick
May 31st, 2006, 23:59
Cars are at port here too (Halifax, Canada) but we won't be able to sit in them until June 19th. Audi seams to want to lenghten the wait a bit more (like it's not already enough)

Some special North American Launch event seams to be scheduled for that date!

Damn! The wait is loooong!

Audihead
June 1st, 2006, 04:42
Just recieved our 1st RS4 in today. And WOW it is amazing looking and the performance WOW!!!:revs: :wo: :rs4kiss:

Sold order, correct?

wankeldude
June 1st, 2006, 06:31
BigRick - how good is your source of information on the June 19 release in Canada? My salesman said July 1.

- Amir

BigRick
June 1st, 2006, 12:23
Originally posted by wankeldude
BigRick - how good is your source of information on the June 19 release in Canada? My salesman said July 1.

Salesman too, how good is he... It's my first time dealing with him. He says that the information comes from Audi Canada. But you know as me that Audi Canada is practicing information retention regarding the RS4. so can we believe what they say. Your guess is as good as mine.

Regards

96a4
June 1st, 2006, 14:00
Originally posted by Audihead
Sold order, correct?

nope, just one for stock

BigRick
June 1st, 2006, 14:13
nope, just one for stock

WHAT! I'm here waiting for the car since last august and you have one sitting there in the showroom!

That's unbelievable... I'm getting mad. Can't believe it. That whole thing about first batch needs to have premium package was supposedly to make sure this wouldn't happen.

10 months after my deposit, I learn that some dealer got one for stock :doh: and that I'm third on list and won't be able to get one in the first batch... while this baby is sitting in a dealer's showroom.

There's no justice :confused:

96a4
June 1st, 2006, 14:28
sorry....I guess if I had one on order I would be mad to.

Audihead
June 1st, 2006, 17:57
nope, just one for stock

I thought according to Audi sold orders would be coming first, dealer stock second. I would have thought you had no allocation for stock seeing how rare the car is and how many sold orders there are. Did someone back out of an order?

96a4
June 1st, 2006, 17:59
I thought according to Audi sold orders would be coming first, dealer stock second. I would have thought you had no allocation for stock seeing how rare the car is and how many sold orders there are. Did someone back out of an order?

not that I know of....I think the CEO placed an order for himself
and just going to put it in stock.

Audihead
June 1st, 2006, 18:08
not that I know of....I think the CEO placed an order for himself
and just going to put it in stock.

Understood.:0: What color is it?

96a4
June 1st, 2006, 19:57
Avus grey

Audihead
June 1st, 2006, 22:20
Avus grey

Avus Silver or Daytona Grey?

k2
June 2nd, 2006, 13:39
Any special options beyond premium and sirius?

BryanF
June 2nd, 2006, 13:47
The Aussie RS4's were only released in Australia yesterday June 1st.They arrived on the 15th May but Audi withheld delivery until the local press launch and subsequent magazine articles.

The press absolutely love it !!!!

96a4
June 2nd, 2006, 16:17
Avus Silver or Daytona Grey?

sorry ....Daytona grey

sparkhill
June 2nd, 2006, 18:37
I am picking mine up on Monday.

BBGT2
June 2nd, 2006, 19:09
Originally posted by BigRick
WHAT! I'm here waiting for the car since last august and you have one sitting there in the showroom!

That's unbelievable... I'm getting mad. Can't believe it. That whole thing about first batch needs to have premium package was supposedly to make sure this wouldn't happen.

10 months after my deposit, I learn that some dealer got one for stock :doh: and that I'm third on list and won't be able to get one in the first batch... while this baby is sitting in a dealer's showroom.

There's no justice :confused:

Audi of North America, funny bunch of people as you will see.

Bajo :D

BBGT2
June 2nd, 2006, 19:11
Originally posted by sparkhill
Congrats to you!!!!!

PICTURES are a must after you take delivery of it and cleaned up the drool marks.:D

Bajo

Audihead
June 2nd, 2006, 19:24
Originally posted by sparkhill

Keep the Handi-Wipes at the ready.:D Congrats!:rs4addict

BigRick
June 2nd, 2006, 19:48
Originally posted by Bajors6
Audi of North America, funny bunch of people as you will see.

Bajo :D

I have officialy filed a complaint with Audi Canada. But I don't think it will make a big difference. That the bad part of wanting a car soooo much!

I feal like they are treating us like sh.t. and it's becoming a show stopper for me! Too bad this car seams to be so good. I hope they have good arguments (this way I won't have any reason not buying one :))

regards,

BBGT2
June 2nd, 2006, 20:59
I have officialy filed a complaint with Audi Canada. But I don't think it will make a big difference. That the bad part of wanting a car soooo much!

I feal like they are treating us like sh.t. and it's becoming a show stopper for me! Too bad this car seams to be so good. I hope they have good arguments (this way I won't have any reason not buying one :))

regards,

As you said it probably wont do you any good but you never know they do keep a track of all complaints.
I personally think that Audi makes a kick ass product just their follow up relationships REALLY need a big boost.
They are slow and dont have the necesary real estate to produce the cars that we "enthusiasts" want.
They (Audi gmbh) are really stretched as they have never (I dont think so anyway) offered this many models in their history and it has taken off well for them. Still they better take care of their customers and get cars to them or they will lose them. I personally will not ever again wait 9 months for a car to be built by Audi or Quattro Gmbh.
The anticipation is really a let down, that is until you get the car you waited for and then you will forget the waiting time.
The RS4 is a real good car and a HUGE step forward for Audi and their RS badged cars, hopefully the next gen. RS6 and the R8 will be HUGE and really put Audi on the map and they may actually be worthy of their USA slogan of "never follow".

Bajo:addict:

96a4
June 12th, 2006, 21:13
1st one sold in two days and we jus got another one in.

Prof Gascan
June 12th, 2006, 21:57

regards,

Seriously though, what's the basis of your complaint? You don't like waiting? You live in a different country. It's not like your car is sitting at a dealer down the street unsold while you wait at another dealer for yours.

Really though, how is Audi Canada treating us like sh.t? You've got a car that's in high demand, so which market are you going to put more cars into initially? The one that has 350 million potential customers, or the one that has 35 million (let's ignore the fact that there are children included in there :) ) ? As a matter of fact, as of last week none of the Canadian cars had been released anyway. Do you know for sure that yours isn't among them?

Audihead
June 13th, 2006, 00:15
1st one sold in two days and we jus got another one in.

That's great! Now where is mine? My dealer has the invoice and the car has been sitting at the port since the end of May. When can I expect to get it?:rs4addict

lcrcr
June 13th, 2006, 00:44
That's great! Now where is mine? My dealer has the invoice and the car has been sitting at the port since the end of May. When can I expect to get it?:rs4addict

It sure seems like you should have it by now. Mine arrived in Iowa last Wednesday, and they showed up in Chicago the next day.

Keep pinging your dealer!

Audihead
June 13th, 2006, 06:06
They say any day now.:D :rs4addict

BigRick
June 13th, 2006, 13:39
Originally posted by Prof Gascan
Seriously though, what's the basis of your complaint? You don't like waiting? You live in a different country. It's not like your car is sitting at a dealer down the street unsold while you wait at another dealer for yours.

Really though, how is Audi Canada treating us like sh.t? You've got a car that's in high demand, so which market are you going to put more cars into initially? The one that has 350 million potential customers, or the one that has 35 million (let's ignore the fact that there are children included in there :) ) ? As a matter of fact, as of last week none of the Canadian cars had been released anyway. Do you know for sure that yours isn't among them?

Why this tone!? Did I say anything against you? I don't think so...

But you're asking why a complaint, so here it is:
1) Outrageous price compared to USA
2) car is available in USA but not in Canada even if we have orders waiting
3) our dealers knew nothing of the car
4) I've been told that I was to get a car in by mid april and I'm still waiting
5) Audi decided that we didn't want the start button, the seats and the flat bottom wheel
6) Audi also decided that we couldn't make any configuration change to help answer the demand

That should be enough to call Audi and ask what is happening, no!?

And to your comment about 350 millions vs 35 millions potential customers. Know that Canada has a bit over 400 sold order and US has 700. So the interrest in this car is way better here then in the US (they would need 4000 to be able to compare). That's also what the Customer care guy told me (it explains why the car is over priced here)

An no my car was not of the batch and it's exactly why I was frustrated... it would probably have been if some cars were not sitting in dealer's showrooms.

But enough of this, lets wait a bit more and see if we can finally get one!

IulianUM
June 13th, 2006, 15:29
Audihead , the end is near .:rs4addict

BigRick
June 13th, 2006, 15:36
Originally posted by IulianUM
Audihead , the end is near .:rs4addict

I must disagree... the beginning is near!!! :incar: :D

Benman
June 13th, 2006, 15:40

"It is not the beginning of the End, rather the end of the Beginning" :hahahehe:

Ben:addict:

Prof Gascan
June 13th, 2006, 15:58
I'm sorry if my tone was overly harsh, that's not what I was intending to do. :thumb:

The problem is the assumption that just because Canada and the US are neighbours, our car markets should be treated and priced identically. This, unfortunately, is far from reality.

I know the RS4 seems ridiculously expensive here; there are a couple of factors at work. Our currency didn't start to sky rocket until approximately 6 months ago, by that time contracts are signed and cost are already determined. It's tough for a car company to react to a suddenly surging currency. The second problem is it costs just as much to certify a car for Canada (as compared to the US,) but you're doing so for roughly 10x fewer cars. Hence, the amount of money you have to recover on every car is much higher. There's not much they can do about that. Check the price of car with limited sales numbers. Our prices are typically inflated compared to the US (Porsche in particular.)

The US typically gets cars before us, that's just the way it is. This isn't exclusive to Audi or the RS4.

Audi themselves have never said publically that the cars would be here in April. They always stuck to the "late May, early June" mantra. It's looking like late June for Canadian intro, but there is at least one guy who got his from the port in Halifax.

It wasn't a matter of us not wanting those features. The seats don't have side airbags, the steering wheel would have required certification. North Americans put bigger importance on cupholders than a starter button. All told, redesigning the seats and certifying them and the wheel would have added roughly $10K US to each car, even worse in Canada. They made a judgement call, and IMO, the right one.

From everything I've been able to piece together, Canada is getting between 100-250 cars (depending on who you talk to.) Even if we had 400 orders, we haven't been alotted that many cars.

Don't worry though, if you have an alotment for your car, it will come. It just makes it tough hearing how good the car is. :rs4addict

96a4
June 13th, 2006, 20:53

Just got another one in, this one is black and the one from yesterday was Avus silver. These are not sold units.

BigRick
June 13th, 2006, 21:05
Originally posted by Prof Gascan
I'm sorry if my tone was overly harsh, that's not what I was intending to do. :thumb:

The problem is the assumption that just because Canada and the US are neighbours, our car markets should be treated and priced identically. This, unfortunately, is far from reality.

I know the RS4 seems ridiculously expensive here; there are a couple of factors at work. Our currency didn't start to sky rocket until approximately 6 months ago, by that time contracts are signed and cost are already determined. It's tough for a car company to react to a suddenly surging currency. The second problem is it costs just as much to certify a car for Canada (as compared to the US,) but you're doing so for roughly 10x fewer cars. Hence, the amount of money you have to recover on every car is much higher. There's not much they can do about that. Check the price of car with limited sales numbers. Our prices are typically inflated compared to the US (Porsche in particular.)

The US typically gets cars before us, that's just the way it is. This isn't exclusive to Audi or the RS4.

Audi themselves have never said publically that the cars would be here in April. They always stuck to the "late May, early June" mantra. It's looking like late June for Canadian intro, but there is at least one guy who got his from the port in Halifax.

It wasn't a matter of us not wanting those features. The seats don't have side airbags, the steering wheel would have required certification. North Americans put bigger importance on cupholders than a starter button. All told, redesigning the seats and certifying them and the wheel would have added roughly $10K US to each car, even worse in Canada. They made a judgement call, and IMO, the right one.

From everything I've been able to piece together, Canada is getting between 100-250 cars (depending on who you talk to.) Even if we had 400 orders, we haven't been alotted that many cars.

Don't worry though, if you have an alotment for your car, it will come. It just makes it tough hearing how good the car is. :rs4addict

Nice explanation, Thnks. More or less what Audi Customer care were explaning to me when I filled the complaint.

k2
June 13th, 2006, 23:33
96a4,

PM me ... the guys at Champion will trade all kinds of interesting stuff for your RS4s ... they can't fill their walkin demand. Frankly I may buy it and flip it. You're the first dealer I've heard of that is struggling with inventory.

K2

Audihead
June 14th, 2006, 00:06
Mine is in. I pick it up Thrusday.:0: :rs4addict

rks838
June 15th, 2006, 00:37
WHOA, WHOA, DON'T SEND THAT RS4 TO FLORIDA YET. 96a4, check your PM box!!!!

eph94
June 15th, 2006, 05:57

Please tell me you will be taking your car to Mont-Tremblant with the Audi Club in late September. :incar: :0:

BigRick
June 15th, 2006, 12:57
Originally posted by JJV-MA
Please tell me you will be taking your car to Mont-Tremblant with the Audi Club in late September. :incar: :0:

I was thinking about going with BMW club in three weeks (if the car has arrived) but late september would also be good!

Can you PM me some details about the event?

Thanks

Audihead
June 15th, 2006, 14:38
I was thinking about going with BMW club in three weeks (if the car has arrived) but late september would also be good!

Can you PM me some details about the event?

Thanks

You should hit the ACNA website if it is an Audi Club event.

ACNA Link (www.audiclubna.org)

BigRick
June 15th, 2006, 15:19

Audihead
June 15th, 2006, 16:02
Noone has mentioned it yet, but one of the first things on th PDI list is to change the sparkplugs on the car. I've been told the car does not like to be driven short distances and shut off unless the car has reached full operating temps. Please keep this in mind for future use of this car. When I saw the plugs they pulled, they were very black and somewhat moist. I have a feeling this car may foul the plugs here in the States very easy if you aren't careful.

Benman
June 15th, 2006, 18:51

Aaron, BTW, nice sig update.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

IulianUM
June 16th, 2006, 00:59
Audihead , more like the tipical let me hear the sound of the engine , then start , rev it up and stop . The mechanic said to me that it is something about the cilinders full of gasoline , not the temp but who knows . What they told me was that after using the car , it is better to let the car running at idle for at last 2 min .

Cool new avatar by the way .:rs4addict

Audihead
June 16th, 2006, 17:13
Thanx. Here's a pic of the new car:

Benman
June 16th, 2006, 17:14
And now Aaron is a "Proud Poppa":D

Congrats and enjoy the Mini Beast over the weekend!:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

IulianUM
June 16th, 2006, 18:57
Congratulations Audihead , Enjoy and make pics of your nice car .:rs4addict

Audihead
June 16th, 2006, 20:52
Thanx guys. Will get better shots later. That was actually a great shot, but I had to shrink it for this site. Way too big!:rs4addict
I have already had the V8 emblems taken off the fenders and put the Titanium PKG filler plate in the grill. Now it's off to get VAG-COM'd for lighting, locks, windows, and that G-Damn seatbelt warning chime.:D

supercup
June 20th, 2006, 16:08
I was by my local dealer on Sunday and they had 3 black RS4's being prepped for customers. All were sold orders and were being picked up this week. Car looks awesome in person.

I had one ordered and decided to go with an M5 instead, which fit me better size wise. All I can say is the looks of the RS4 really made me think twice about that decision!

JCM

k2
June 20th, 2006, 20:56
A,

Did you debadge beside the V8?
K2

Audihead
June 20th, 2006, 21:00
Originally posted by k2
A,

Did you debadge beside the V8?
K2

I sure did. It screamed bitchin' Camaro to me. Now Im looking for a set of OEM Euro-spec taillights for it and I will be done. Little help anyone?