PDA

View Full Version : RS4 avant production dates confirmed

Fab
May 30th, 2006, 11:00
Finally !!!!!

My dealer just called me and officially confirmed my RS4 avant build week for 24.07.06 (week 30). Delivery 20-25 August.

This is a 2 months delay from expected dates. Audi claimed some technical issues.... Anyway better late than never.

Just as a reminder my specs are :

RS4 avant
avus grey
carbon trim
19" wheels
SS chassis
NAV + bose
CD charger
adaptative lights
recaro seats (black)

Can't wait :incar: :rs4addict

Benman
May 30th, 2006, 16:15
Good to hear Fab, I know you'll enjoy the added practicality of the Avant. And as you say, "better late than never".;)

Ben:addict:

MR USER
May 30th, 2006, 16:27
Well done FAB!!! I'll see you around Geneva!

IulianUM
May 30th, 2006, 17:36
Take it easy , the worst is the last week .:hihi:
Nice specs , and better color :thumb:
:rs4addict

Audihead
May 30th, 2006, 18:16
Very nice, and God Speed to your order!:0: :rs4addict

Fab
May 30th, 2006, 18:46
Thanks guys ! Fortunately I will be on holiday a couple of weeks as many of you, this will help not to think to much about it...

Ciao

Fab
May 30th, 2006, 19:11
I love this RS4 avant avus grey. It looks just great on those pics taken in real world....

Fab
May 30th, 2006, 19:12
this one is not the best pic but anyway...

Prof Gascan
May 30th, 2006, 20:59
Good stuff and congrats! I'm glad they aren't bringing the Avant to Canada, it makes my choice so much easier.

Nipper
June 2nd, 2006, 21:05
I spoke to my dealer today and apparently my Avant is scheduled for week 28, so it should be one of the 1st in the UK.

Can't wait!!!!!

Reno
June 3rd, 2006, 12:42
Indeed, AVUS grey looks stunning, This was the best looking color for the old RS4 as well... Great choice!

MR USER
June 4th, 2006, 19:28
FAB,

I'm sorry to tell you this but... you will recieve a letter soon and you will not be happy. Your car is delayed once more.

The reason is: Failure of the production line.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am relly sorry about that. If it can help a bit message me and we go for a spin with mine... so you can drive it and enjoy the roar of the engine some more.

Cheer up! this long wait it willmake you enjoy it even more when you get it.

Fab
June 5th, 2006, 09:27
I know from my dealer that a letter will be sent to RS4 avant clients in order to apologize for the production delay.

However this letter is the result of the delay from early June to early August and not an additional delay from the date I got.

I guess we have to suffer enough before to get the opportunity to drive the best sport Audi ever.

MR USER
June 5th, 2006, 16:45
I am glad there a re no more delays!!!

:applause:

IulianUM
June 5th, 2006, 19:27
I hope there are no more delays for you Fab . You deserve the best ... :rs4addict

Fab
June 6th, 2006, 07:05
Thanks guys.

I will be fully happy and relieved when the dealer will ring me to take delivery....:bow:

blue_tarragon
June 6th, 2006, 23:16
Hey guys. My Avant was confirmed a couple of weeks ago as week 26. That is week of 26 June.

Delivery in July confirmed.

My dealer did say he would make sure I was top of the list....

Can't wait. Sprint Blue of course!

Fab
June 8th, 2006, 09:56
I also had week 26 confirmed a couple of weeks ago but then it changed to week 30 unfortunately.

Delay due to "technical problems". Therefore I would strongly recommend you to double check again with your dealer about production dates.

Fab
June 8th, 2006, 15:40
I just got full clarification from a Swiss Audi head :

RS4 official avant series production starts week 29.

Mine is kept as VIP priority for week 30. Final delivery mid August.

There will be no RS4 avant built prior to week 29 for shure.

Sorry to make some of you sad ( I am also sad to wait for my beast :hihi: ) but dealer confirmation of a building week is uncorrect.

He also told me that all stock RS4 avant ordered by Audi dealers (showroom cars not already sold) have all been delayed in order to allow customer cars to be built as soon as possible.

The reason for these 3-4 weeks of delay is the substantial amount of RS4 sedan orders. Quattro Gmbh decided to honor as much as sedan orders before to start the avant production.