PDA

View Full Version : Porsche GT3 RS

Erik
May 29th, 2006, 12:43
The GT3 is hardly out...here's the GT3 RS...

A high-performance sports model for road and track

Stuttgart. With effect from October, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany, will be launching the new 911 GT3 RS on the European market. This purist variant of the GT3 is particularly suited for use on the track. The GT3 RS is distinguished by its performance capability and the unadulterated driving experience enjoyed with a racing car, but also meets all requirements for road-legal sports cars.

The exceptionally meaty engine boasts a displacement of 3.6 liters to generate 305 kW (415 bhp) at 7,600 rpm. Maximum revs are reached at 8,400 rpm. The power output per liter of engine capacity is 115.3 bhp. These figures correspond to the present GT3. But the RS puts in an even better performance. Thanks to a close-ratio six-speed transmission with a single-mass flywheel and the 20 kg lower vehicle weight, the engine revs up even more freely, thus enabling the 911 GT3 to sprint from zero to 100 km per hour in 4.2 seconds. That's one tenth of a second faster than the GT3. It takes just 13.3 seconds to hit to 200 km per hour. Maximum speed is 310 km per hour.

The reference "RS" will quicken the pulse of Porsche connoisseurs. Models such as the legendary Carrera RS 2.7 of 1972 and the type 964 911 RS (1991) were also sports cars that stood out on account of an extreme degree of maneuverability and handling. That tradition is continued with the new 911 GT3 RS. In common with its predecessors, it provides a basic and pre-approval model for use in a range of racing series.

One characteristic of the new "RS" is the body, which is 44 mm wider at the rear (a legacy from the Carrera 4 models) by comparison with the 911 GT3. The muscular-looking rear end conceals a wider track that not only improves directional stability but also increases the transverse acceleration potential of this two-seater coupe.

Despite its specialized body, the "RS" is 20 kg lighter than the GT3, weighing in at just 1375 kg. This weight-saving was achieved by the use, amongst other solutions, of an adjustable carbon fiber wing, the use of a plastic rear lid and a lightweight plastic rear window. The corresponding weight-saving is 4.5 kg/kW.

With a view to the registration regulations for the important Gran Tourismo championships as future fields of application, the road version of the GT3 RS has resorted to technical solutions that will also feature in the racing version. These solutions will include the entire wheel carrier and split wishbones on the rear axle, in addition to the carbon fiber components of the body.

And the interior lives up to the vehicle's sporting aspirations: 2 lightweight bucket seats made of carbon fiber composite materials come as standard and in the club sports package. There is a bolted roll cage and the pre-wiring for the battery main switch. A six-point seatbelt for the driver and a fire extinguisher are also provided. Internal trims are black, with the roof lining, steering wheel and gear stick trimmed in high-quality Alcantara leather.

The available finishes are Arctic Silver metallic or black; as an option, the GT3 can also be obtained in orange or green. All vehicle insignia and the wheels themselves are styled in orange or black to contrast with the body paintwork.

The basic price for the 911 GT3 RS is _111,600 (excluding country-specific requirements). In Germany, the coupe costs _129,659 including sales tax. The GT3 RS will also be available for sale on the North American market from March 2007.

http://www.bilsport.se/bildarkiv/95/s_447ab0f0a345f.jpg

http://www.bilsport.se/bildarkiv/90/s_447ab1069e8ed.jpg

http://www.bilsport.se/bildarkiv/32/s_447ab0d4352cc.jpg

http://www.bilsport.se/bildarkiv/67/s_447ab07473e2f.jpg

http://www.bilsport.se/bildarkiv/92/s_447ab0bb09072.jpg

JavierNuvolari
May 29th, 2006, 13:24
I love it... I want one.

Javier

Benman
May 29th, 2006, 17:35
I sooooooooooooo want that car!!!:heart:

I'd even take it in that outrageous orange! Here's to seeing if it comes Stateside...

Ben:addict:

jonas_dg
May 29th, 2006, 18:29
I'd even take it in that outrageous orange!

I agree, the orange actually fits it imo :)
Porsche seem to put out models fast these days, one after another

bilbozilla
May 29th, 2006, 18:30
We're still waiting stateside on the 997 GT3 for even an order guide, let alone anything else on the new machine. My deposit is burning a hole in my dealer's pocket...

SoCal
May 30th, 2006, 08:06
Wow! The ultimate. :wo:

Porsche is certainly announcing new models one right after another. Makes the wait for ordering and delivery that much more painful.

:incar:

Ruergard
May 30th, 2006, 10:53
Originally posted by Benman
I sooooooooooooo want that car!!!:heart:

I'd even take it in that outrageous orange! Here's to seeing if it comes Stateside...

Mee tooo! :heart:

But Benman, are you out of your mind?!:p
The Orange looks awsome, perfect color! :0:

Leadfoot
May 30th, 2006, 14:36
This must be the practical family car Porsche has ever built, it even has a climbing frame in the back for the little ones, great.:brag:

Benman
May 30th, 2006, 16:07
Originally posted by mayheN
Mee tooo! :heart:

But Benman, are you out of your mind?!:p
The Orange looks awsome, perfect color! :0:

Well, notice I didn't say "aweful orange" but "outrageous orange"! Its nice, but in your face (I'm a low tone kinda guy). My point is the car is so cool, that I'd take in a "in your face" color!:thumb:

IulianUM
May 30th, 2006, 16:47
Please , Arctic Silver metallic for me .:p

And , why Porsche put this seats without proper racing belts?

Benman
May 30th, 2006, 16:49
Originally posted by IulianUM

And , why Porsche put this seats without proper racing belts?

That's a good point. You know people who buy this car will do a lot of track days. Why not make it a factory option?

gmbh6
May 30th, 2006, 19:50
If I'm not mistaken my brother in law has a deposit on one.......I'll let you know what it rides like.

Maybe?

I'm still waiting for a ride in the 959 that's being converted here.........that takes precedent. :incar:

Ruergard
May 30th, 2006, 22:11
Originally posted by Benman
Well, notice I didn't say "aweful orange" but "outrageous orange"! Its nice, but in your face (I'm a low tone kinda guy). My point is the car is so cool, that I'd take in a "in your face" color!:thumb:

Ahh, my fault! :blush:

Btw, it's comming stateside in March 2007 according to worldcarfans.com :thumb:

AndyBG
May 31st, 2006, 00:36
Ups, they did it again! :hihi:

One white for me, please!

Benman
May 31st, 2006, 01:19
Originally posted by mayheN

Btw, it's comming stateside in March 2007 according to worldcarfans.com :thumb:

Serious?!? Wow, might have to start thinking about that one...:thumb: :D

Inline Six
May 31st, 2006, 06:15
I don't know what's all the fuss about. I'm actually quite disappointed. Same engine as the GT3 (no rumored 3.8L dry sump for RSR homologation), same suspension setup, same steering rack, same brakes, same electronics, only 20kg of weightsaving, same performance despite being 0.1s quicker to 100km/h. I'd get a regular GT3 and save 20k Euros. Hopefully they will make a hardcore MkII.

eazy
May 31st, 2006, 10:36
Originally posted by Inline Six
I don't know what's all the fuss about. I'm actually quite disappointed. Same engine as the GT3 (no rumored 3.8L dry sump for RSR homologation), same suspension setup, same steering rack, same brakes, same electronics, only 20kg of weightsaving, same performance despite being 0.1s quicker to 100km/h. I'd get a regular GT3 and save 20k Euros. Hopefully they will make a hardcore MkII.
I thought exactly the same.
But it looks so good :)

ricky71370
May 31st, 2006, 19:13
oh yeahhh!

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/4623/greenrs3cj.jpg:thumb: :applause: :bow: :0:

clam
June 1st, 2006, 06:45
Auw, the green hurts my eyes. Excellent. :D