Any spy-fotos on the net?

Cheers

AndyBG
May 31st, 2006, 00:11
You just asked a milion $ question!

:hihi:

JAXRS6
May 31st, 2006, 17:05
Within the past few weeks AutoWeek has reported 2009 as well as "next year." I wrote an email seeking to clarify but have not heard back.

I will believe a date when I see the report attributed to Audi. Anything else, including anonymous or unnamed sources, is speculation IMO. Which can be fun :D but it doesn't mean much.

MJN
May 31st, 2006, 19:28
If i'm correct: The last RS6 was launched three years (2002) after the S6 was launched (1999), so with the current S6 out this year... 2009 comes close...

And then they're also working on the R8 and possibly the RS3 and (R)S5, so they will have their hands full at the moment!

Fab
May 31st, 2006, 20:10
In my opinion Audi's problem is that they rely on Quattro Gmbh for the RS models. This production plant is much to small to handle all RS models is a reasonable time frame.

If Audi wants to fully assume it willingness to become soon a reference for sports car models they will have to enlarge the production and development capacity. This will allow customers like us :D not to wait xxx years before to get the new RS models launch.

Look at Porsche, Mercedes and BMW they are able to renew their entire sport range very rapidly once the new generation is launched.

Audi should invest more money on its sport department plant and ressources.

chutia
June 1st, 2006, 00:02
Fab-
Yes, indeed. And more attention, respect and resources (including money) in top-notch customer service, spare part availability (in US, Europe may be great already?), dealer-technician training and follow-up. Hope so. We'll see.

Vegasguy
June 1st, 2006, 03:09
Originally posted by chutia
Fab-
Yes, indeed. And more attention, respect and resources (including money) in top-notch customer service, spare part availability (in US, Europe may be great already?), dealer-technician training and follow-up. Hope so. We'll see.

Now your just begging! ;)

Pete

Kev.S
June 1st, 2006, 09:50
Originally posted by chutia
Fab-

Not that great! I've been waiting for a rear parking sensor since February!

tailpipe
June 1st, 2006, 11:29
Although no one knows when the next RS6 will arrive, it is ready for production NOW. if Audi wanted to, they could launch it immediately.

Three facts lead me to this conclusion:

1. 5.2 litre engine is a proven unit, not only in Lamborghini models, but now also in S8 and S6 Audi models. It is a very compact unit - not much larger than V8 - so presents few packaging/ weight distribution problems versus standard A6 models

2. Audi has had prototype RS6s running since 2004, including both NA models and twin-turbo models. Twin-turbos is the way to go, because fuel consumption is better. Extra weight of turbos more than compensated by extra power generated. If after 2 years of testing they haven't got the reliability right - they never will! Of course, they have.

3. Base chassis of the A6 is so much better than that of B6/B7 A4, that tuning it has presented no problems in testing. There is also plenty of room in A6 engine bay for turbos as well as V10.

So, the decision to introduce the next RS6 is being driven by marketing concerns not technology ones. My belief is that we will not see it on roads until summer 2008. That means a launch late next year.

There is one BIG unanswered question about next RS6. Will there be a second engine option? Will Audi offer a superdiesel too? There is a growing belief that a superdiesel model WILL be launched.

jonas21
June 1st, 2006, 13:53
I wonder what'll happen if they really launch a superdiesel....say...V12 6.0 litre 500+bhp.
If they could produce such a realiable monster i guess Audi's market share will skyrocket...
Atleast i'd buy one...or two.

JAXRS6
June 1st, 2006, 20:06
Does anyone know if a turbo diesel hybrid is realistic -- from Audi or anyone else? Seems like it's only a matter of time til someone makes one, unless there's a technical reason I can't think of. Ya think?:vhmmm:

Benman
June 1st, 2006, 21:18
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Does anyone know if a turbo diesel hybrid is realistic...

Not only is it realistic, I think someone has to make one.

All the hoopla over the petrol/hybrid... a diesel hybrid would be much more beneficial. If a normal A3 2.0 TDI can get @40city/50highway, imagine a hybrid! I think 55/65 wouldn't be a stretch at all and much better than any numbers petrol hybrids are producing... here's to hoping...

Ben:addict: