View Full Version : Pics + Video: S4 Avant vs. RS4

Erik
May 29th, 2006, 12:06
Two nice links:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=287412

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=292291&highlight=audi+rs4

:s4addict: :rs4addict

"Now moving onto the Rs4!
First of all, the front facia and the enormous 19" rims are the most striking elements of this Ingelstatd "new born"! It is more agressive than the rest of the pack (M3, C55 and S4) but still extraordinarilly elegant. The 2 major exhausts tips anounces the color: we are in a super sport sedan ready to destroy any cars on the road! And the tips are probably the only side that other drivers will get to see !

The Rs4 is a phenomenal car to drive and pilot with exquisite gear ratios, and a linear power band at each rpm never leaving the driver looking for a gear change. The big V8 is so torquy that it sends you back into the somptuous recaro seats. Talking about the seating, if you press the S button on the steering wheel the seat contour wrap itself around your body (lower back and thighs), the suspensions gets firmer and the exhaust notes let you knnow that there are 420 horspower in "da house"! The suspensions are incredibally comfortable for a race car on pavemented roads (as they usually are in old Europe), while the 19" rims with extra wide tires brought an added sense of security to the overall package.

The only grip that I had with the Rs4 is the bottom part of the Recaro seats that are a bit to tight around your butt (even though I had made as wide as possible and I am of average size and pretty ft), it took me a while to get use to it especially if you carry your wallet in the back pocket of your pants like I do. I think the seats were molded after Kate Moss silhouette !

Finally, this car performed extremelly well at 280+ km/hrs (180mph) on highways, and at average speeds on winy roads! The steering feedback was razor sharp and the racing feedback of the chassis brought the fun factor all the way up at every gear shifts and pedal smashing! This car is the best you can get at the moment in the entry luxury super sport sedan category. Overall I would put this car on pare with the 996 911 Turbo of my father with 3 extra seats in the back and the better fit and finish !

Don"