PDA

View Full Version : RS4 - yes, but which model?

tailpipe
May 24th, 2006, 14:51
Up until now, most of the discussion has been about the saloon version of the RS4. With the Avant and Convertible models almost upon us, I was interested to see which RS4 is most preferred. By the way, my choice is definitely the Avant.

Fab
May 24th, 2006, 15:30
avant :0:

Leadfoot
May 24th, 2006, 16:02
Without a doubt the Avant. RS + avant go hand in hand, plus the resale will be better as is the looks.

I say 'Why be an M model, be something different something better'.:thumb:

steve
May 24th, 2006, 16:26
An RS still should be an Avant imo. The exclusivity the RS2 and RS4 had was nice.

tazsura
May 24th, 2006, 16:39
Avant me up baby...!:rs4addict:rs4kiss: :rs4addict :rs4kiss:

Audihead
May 24th, 2006, 17:57
Avant, if it's your everyday, everything, family hauler. Saloon, if you want to get closer to sports car looks. Convertible if your a chick, and or you want hassels at the track, plus cowl shake, plus more weight.:rs4addict

Ruergard
May 24th, 2006, 18:49
Originally posted by steve
An RS still should be an Avant imo. The exclusivity the RS2 and RS4 had was nice.

We think exactly the same..! :0:

BigRick
May 24th, 2006, 19:22
Saloon, since this is the only model we'll get here :(

If I had choice it would probably be an Avant

AndyBG
May 25th, 2006, 00:09
I must say that limousine is best choice if we are looking in the performance field, BUT becouse this is AUDI RS, it should be AVANT, so mind saying limousine, but HART SAYING AVANT.

:rs4kiss:

JavierNuvolari
May 25th, 2006, 01:48
Saloon for me fellas. I know that the idea of an RS model is to be an Avant...but...I rather have the saloon. Maybe when I'm a parent I would prefer the avant.

Javier

Speedou
May 25th, 2006, 01:55
Definitely the saloon. Avant is so booring.

Aronis
May 25th, 2006, 02:03
AWD, POWER, and a CONVERTIBLE...

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall....

My ideal car......

But.....in the RS6 body size for room for kids in back as they get bigger.....

Yes a 2 door A6 sized Convertible.....ya baby.

Mike

tailpipe
May 25th, 2006, 10:12
As expected, the Avant is proving to be the most popular RS4. it makes me think that Audi should have released the Avant before the the Sedan. It also makes me wonder whether it'd be worthwhile to make the A4 Avant available in the USA only as an RS4 Avant. It's fair to say that people who buy RS cars in the USA are truly enlightened when it comes to understanding why we Europeans prefer the subtle understatement of what ostensibly appears to be a family car while below its somewhat conventional appearance lurks a beast. Of course, it was one of America's favourite presidents, (respected as much in Europe as in the USA), Theodore Roosevelt who best summed-up Audi's design philospohy: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick." Which reminds me of another quote of an equally famous American, Henry Ford, which I shall Audify: "You can have any A4 you you like so long as its an RS4."

One more thing...

Now that the summer is upon us... almost... I am expecting faster Ring times for the RS4 to appear... Come on lads, let's see what you've got!

roadrunner
May 25th, 2006, 12:34
for me: Audi = Avant

- i like the looks
- it is practical
- i can get the dark windows
- with a family the criteria change dramatically :D
- RS tradition = Avant

But i have to admit that the new A6 and the B7 RS4 are the first saloons that also appeal to me - still i stand strong

:rs4addict Avant

Greets
Seb.

MR USER
May 25th, 2006, 13:42
I got the sedan for 2 reasons:
1) In europe 90% will be avant....
2) I have it now and I don't have to wait any longer!!!!

Moreover it just looks fabulous!!!

alex_s3
May 25th, 2006, 23:00
Avant, because it's more fun the park sportcars with a avant :) :revs:

tailpipe
May 25th, 2006, 23:37
Alex,

Are you trying to say that when you drive high performance wagon, like an RS4 Avant, it is always more satisfying to pass things like a Porsche Cayman or Convertible M3? If so, i totally agree.

IulianUM
May 26th, 2006, 00:06
Sedan , saloon , limousine , berlina , you choose...:rs4addict