PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my RS6 today

BBGT2
March 20th, 2003, 04:22
Well I finally did it ordered it today. Mugello blue, ebony interior, no warm weather pkg, no navigation (listened to u guys here) and my dealer said it isnt worth the money, $1200 and I can get a aftermarket nav. system installed. Sport exhaust (of course).
September 15-21 build date, will be able ot watch it beig built online, which is way way cool.
Asked him to check into the Quattro sport suspension option, and I was told that all U.S. models will come with those cool logo floor mats. His salesman told him from AZ during the sales event that everyone there was like a little kid in a candy store waiting to drive the US spec. RS6, thats all he could say because he was stumped and couldnt find any other words to describe this machine except "it's nothing like I have driven before".
I saw a post re: audi dealers taking the cars for some "road test", and my friend (dealer guy) assures me nothing like that will happen, all his customers will be asked to be present when their cars come of the truck and the only person who will drive it will be the head tech. for the Pre del. inspection. Audi will also be sending us welcome "kits" bag, website info etc. Believe it or not I forgot to ask him what is the price I am paying for this car, but in all honesty I dont care. September 9th will be my b-day and what a belated present I will have. Just wanted to share my excitement with the RS6 crowd.
:addict: Nut

turbo2z
March 20th, 2003, 04:28
MSRP is $82,700. and the options will escalate it from there. The Launch/training in AZ was awesome. Can't say enough about it.
:0:

Thilo
March 20th, 2003, 07:48
Originally posted by Bajors6
September 15-21 build date, will be able ot watch it beig built online, which is way way cool.
:addict: Nut

Hi Bajors6,

I know how you feel after ordering such a car. My car was built on march 6. But what i wanted to ask is how can you watch the car being built online. Is there a special webpage or will you get the actual status of the car always ?

My dealer still can't give me day of arrival of my baby. As i read in your article, you know the exact day :bigeyes:

Cheers
Thilo:cheers:

bl980kf
March 20th, 2003, 08:33
Hi all,

I also ordered on Feb 18th, build date week 14 (beginning of April), delivery expected on week 18 (end of April). Cannot wait!!!

I also would like to know about the website... is it just for US? I didn't had any information from my dealer...

Thanks and bye all (sorry for any inconvenience, I'm new here!!!)

Thilo
March 20th, 2003, 08:44
Hi bl980kf,

I saw in your profile that you come from Lecce Italy. It is funny, the trucks that transport the RS6 from Germany to Italy pass in front of my office. So i can see everytime when a truck full of RS6 goes to Italy. I will keep an eye on the truck passing in week 18 :bye:

Cheers
Thilo

BBGT2
March 20th, 2003, 14:15
Hi guys,
To answer some questions, first my build date will be Sept. 15 -21 no exact date but Audi will let me know, I expect the delivery to be in October but dont know exactly.
What I have been told about the website is that orderees will be able to watch their car being built online thru a audi website just for that Audi will supply us with the website and login/password when they are ready. I dont know if that is available for Europe but I dont see why it wouldn't be.
It's a happy happy day when that car makes it into my hands,
:bye:
:addict: Certifiable nut,
PS. My family is so sick and tired of me ranting about this car that they are hiding my pics of it from the Auto show, I dont know why I only took 40 pictures of it. But like someone here says "you cant drive your house correct". Hope he wont get mad at me using his motto.

Later, I will keep posting as I get more info on anything new regarding this car.

Erik
March 20th, 2003, 15:43
PS. My family is so sick and tired of me ranting about this car that they are hiding my pics of it from the Auto show, I dont know why I only took 40 pictures of it. But like someone here says "you cant drive your house correct". Hope he wont get mad at me using his motto.

I don't get angry if you use the motto :hihi:
If you've got some nice RS6 pics you want to share please send them to erikb@rs6.com and I'll put them online so you can watch them secretly :D

BBGT2
March 20th, 2003, 16:01
Erik,
I will sent them to you as soon as I get them scanned, they are from the Chicago motor show, the shpw basically sucked disorganized too many people, My family and me went in and out in 45 minutes. All I wanted to see was the RS6 and the new A8, looked at VW and Mercedes and that was it. Well worth the traffic and crowd to see the allmighty RS6 though.

Take care,
Bajo:addict:

bl980kf
March 20th, 2003, 16:57
Thanks a lot Thilo, I'll wait for your whistle.....

By the way, mine is Ebony black, black interiors, 19" rims, sunroof and Nav Plus... wonderful!!!

Bye all

peterb
March 20th, 2003, 23:38
Originally posted by bl980kf
I also ordered on Feb 18th, build date week 14 (beginning of April), delivery expected on week 18 (end of April).

Hmph. I ordered Feb 11th and got a build date of week 17! :(

dabull
March 20th, 2003, 23:49
I ordered mine on March 24th but who knows when the dealer actually placed the order. They haven't given me anything more specific than around July. That doesn't sound right since I only ordered one week later.

iconcls
March 21st, 2003, 00:07
May I ask which Chi. dealer your working with; and I might add, many Chi. dealers are seeking MSRP + 10K.

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 00:39
:addict: Certifiable nut,

Later, I will keep posting as I get more info on anything new regarding this car. [/B]

it's nice to know i'm not the only one with the "RS disease".
most of my family members can't stand the simptums: always
consumed with audi speach, constantly distracted, and don't
forget the "irratable family" effect. well, i guess the only cure is to
actually take delivery (but what if that just makes it worse?)
:cheers:

:addict:
TOTALLY RS6 NUTS

Thilo
March 21st, 2003, 09:23
Hi guys,

This morning, my dealer called and told me that my RS6 has left Neckarsulm and will arrive next week.:bow: :bow: :bow:

I hope the waiting-time is over :roll:

See ya
Thilo

BBGT2
March 21st, 2003, 20:00
icon, I am working with Laurel Audi, in Tinley Park. 10k sounds about right, which should work out to be about 92-95k.

Benman, I think you are correct my friend after we take delivery it will get worse but then it will be easier for us because the car will be in our garages and they cant say a thing.

Bajo :addict:

iconcls
March 21st, 2003, 20:20
You already own an A8 and S8, FINE choices!

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 20:34
Benman, I think you are correct my friend after we take delivery it will get worse but then it will be easier for us because the car will be in our garages and they cant say a thing.

Bajo :addict: [/B]

in my garage? can't come soon enough:cheers:

:addict: