PDA

View Full Version : European Recaro Installation - technical write up

nene
May 21st, 2006, 08:59
Now that I am done with the Euro Recaro installation, I figured I'd do a quick write up for anyone that decidees to go this same route, or simply wishes to take their stock seats out, even if only to re-upholster them. Click image for technical write up.

http://www.htms.org/img/recaro/fig002.jpg (http://www.htms.org/recaro.html)

steve
May 21st, 2006, 10:00
Very nice report nene.:0:
Should really help US drivers who want to swap to those beautiful recaro's.

oh and sharp last 4 sentences :applause:

mcmuli
May 21st, 2006, 11:00
Hi Nelson
wow this looks very good. :0:
Your description how to put the seats in the car is very good.
If you have time you can call me.
Stephan

BBGT2
May 21st, 2006, 13:47
Nelson,
Once again you did an awesome job in your detailed write ups and therefore again showed how useful and helpful you are to this forum.
Glad you are enjoying the seats and I have to say I was cracking up reading your ending paragraph, I actually had to read it twice and could not stop laughing.
Sounds like a bunch of morons ticked you off.

Bajo:addict:

(aka Recaro pimp daddy, :D )

DetailersDomain
May 22nd, 2006, 01:36
Great write up!!!!! Looking to use this for soon.

TeddyBGame
May 24th, 2006, 20:08
Nelson,
one other addition, which might fit under the category of "Recaro Pros":

- The front headrests do not have a button for extending the headrests up/down. This means that you can extend/shorten the headrests with one hand...instead of two.

This is also true of the rear headrests but, that was the case with all US-based C5 rear headrests anyway.

:)

nene
May 24th, 2006, 22:22
Thanks Ted. I do agree that it is a plus, and will add it to the pros.

TeddyBGame
May 25th, 2006, 13:48
cool. One last thing. Under Recaro Pros -- I would also add the fact that you get lots of "bragging rights" that come with owning these seats. It's more of an intangible benefit....to be the envy of all your peers. Ha!!

:)

nene
May 25th, 2006, 15:39
:rs6kiss: :0: :incar:

Benman
May 27th, 2006, 04:52
Originally posted by TeddyBGame
cool. One last thing. Under Recaro Pros -- I would also add the fact that you get lots of "bragging rights" that come with owning these seats. It's more of an intangible benefit....to be the envy of all your peers. Ha!!

:) Haha... copy that. Here I'm still playing with the popcorn seats.:trash:

Ben:addict: