PDA

View Full Version : Hy Octane, how about a 1 week update? How many Miles? Still Normal?

Aronis
May 20th, 2006, 13:48
Just wanted (needed) an up date on the status of your DRC.

My "Repaired to Factory Spec (NOT)" is now very bad, leaked ONE side, rock and roll like you will not believe.

I was wondering if you are taking the car in for a LEAK check? Audi really should add some bright color to that fluid so it can EASILY be seen prior to the system depressurizing enough to cause an Asymetry. I suspect a differential in side to side pressure in the diagonal pairs is OK within some reason, but once the difference is enough YIKES it gets scary especially in a bump and turn.

Anyway, please keep us posted.

Mike

Hy Octane
May 20th, 2006, 17:01
OK. Heres the deal..

The car will be going in soon for its 25k service,, will have them look for leaks then, but so far so good..

In all honesty, it has been so long now and 3 versions later since I drove the original DRC that I have only my memory of it to compare..

The ride height is back to where it was originally.. we still cant figure otu why this would change considering the shocks were not changed, but it must have something to do with the pressurization procedure.
The ride is much closer to the original than before.. hardly any roll or squat ..

Overall, i'm happy.. The main thing was the turn into corners.. The car wouldnt rotate before. just plowed when you turned the wheel.. Now shes back to her crips turn in and she corners well like before..
Not sure about the PS2's over the OEM Pirellis.. The PS2's seem to soften the ride some (maybe a softer sidewall than the Pirellis) whereas the Pirellis were stiff stiiff stiff..Pirellis seem to transmit more road feel thru the wheel than the Michelins do.. Since I changed to the PS2 about a week before I first had the DRC done wrong, Its hard to compare.. There seems to be a little more give in the overall ride.. which is good actually given the lousy roads we have here at this time.. I could stand to have the overall ride a bit stiffer, but I am happy for now..
If I have any more trouble with this system, I will junk it and go PSS9..Life is too short, ya know?

Aronis
May 20th, 2006, 17:54
I have not heard from the dealership in Cicero or the regional rep on parts....or time of repair.

With such a hot problem, long standing repair issue I would have expected to hear about part arrival time and an expedited repair time at MY soonest convenience.

I am pricing Ohlin Motorsport Suspension installation for next week.

Tired of waiting, and really concerned that my system was already LEAKING again just a few weeks (if not the same day) after a half-hearted repair attempt where they ASSumed they had been successful at returning the car to Factory Spec (for a John Deere Factory product I guess).

I drove in a down pour yesterday and the handling on puddles was downright scarry. The car pulled into the puddles like you would not believe.

Oh, well I'll call them on Monday if I have time.

Mike