PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what the display is saying?

jasaretta
May 19th, 2006, 09:14
I saw this video on Google and was wondering if anyone can explain what the dash is displaying?

Thanks

james

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6703717887294748577&q=rs4

Erik
May 19th, 2006, 09:41
Tire pressure? :vhmmm:

Washer fluid low? :vhmmm:

eazy
May 19th, 2006, 09:45
It means "check your tire pressure"

greetings

eazy

Leadfoot
May 19th, 2006, 19:18
Originally posted by jasaretta
I saw this video on Google and was wondering if anyone can explain what the dash is displaying?

Thanks

james

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6703717887294748577&q=rs4

Early warning system to detect a Police stinger. Audi add this feature to aid health and safety for Joyriders. :brag:

Audihead
May 19th, 2006, 20:40
Originally posted by Erik
Tire pressure? :vhmmm:

Washer fluid low? :vhmmm:

Both, yes.

Leadfoot
May 19th, 2006, 23:52
It's when the tyres is very low on pressure and the display shows you the puncture symbol.

My first post was a joke. The police stinger is a device they throw across the road, to blow the tyres. When you explain to joke, it mustn't have been funny, drae to the drawing board.:rolleyes:

jasaretta
May 20th, 2006, 00:50
Originally posted by Leadfoot
It's when the tyres is very low on pressure and the display shows you the puncture symbol.

My first post was a joke. The police stinger is a device they throw across the road, to blow the tyres. When you explain to joke, it mustn't have been funny, drae to the drawing board.:rolleyes:

No need to explain - I laughed :D

LIRS6
May 23rd, 2006, 20:32
So this driver has tire pressure warning, and he's pushing it to 150 k/hr ... sounds a bit irresponsible, given passenger(s) in the car as well :MTM:

Audihead
May 23rd, 2006, 22:23
Originally posted by LIRS6
So this driver has tire pressure warning, and he's pushing it to 150 k/hr ... sounds a bit irresponsible, given passenger(s) in the car as well :MTM:

Most of the time those stupid systems malfunction. I will have mine deactivated as soon as possible after taking delivery of the vehicle. They can be set off with a difference of as little as 5-7 PSI. A worthless feature IMHO.

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2006, 23:38
Originally posted by Audihead
Most of the time those stupid systems malfunction. I will have mine deactivated as soon as possible after taking delivery of the vehicle. They can be set off with a difference of as little as 5-7 PSI. A worthless feature IMHO.

Audihead,

Better than that, the wife's Renault Scenic has this sort of system and it hasn't worked right in the 2 1/2 years she has had it. Firstly if you blow the tyres up at midday when it's warmest come the next morning you can be sure it will say you have a puncture and secondly if you move the wheels around to try and even out the wear (in the Scenic it shows which wheel is low) it will not show the right wheel which is flat on the display, it's crap.

Audihead
May 24th, 2006, 00:39
Thank god for VAG-COM programs. I will kill it as soon as possible.:D :rs4addict

Leadfoot
May 24th, 2006, 11:19
Oh yes I forgot to ad the f@#king system beeps at you everytime you start the car until you call to a garage and pump the tyres open, all 3psi of it.

Who ever said technology is a great thing. Balls to that.

Audihead
May 24th, 2006, 17:52
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Who ever said technology is a great thing. Balls to that.

http://dtwaudi.com/images/smiles/roflol.gif