PDA

View Full Version : Audi versus BMW versus Mercedes-Benz versus Lexus

tailpipe
May 18th, 2006, 11:03
This forum is built around the shared interests of Audi RS enthusiasts everywhere, hence the name. What is great about RS6.com is that it unites Audi fans around the globe. I love the fact that there are Swedes, Americanos, Brits, Frenchman, Germans, Dutchmen, Aussies, Italians, Spaniards, Canadians and so on. I think we must have a wider international membership than just about any other board. Most of us who submit threads to RS6 like what Audi offers over and above the cars of other manufacturers, because we want performance with a degree of security, i.e. Power + AWD. We believe that few, if any other brands meet our particular needs better. In other words, it shouldn't be surprising that we're a very partisan crowd.

That said, I think I speak for most of us when I say we welcome the views of other owners of other brands, especially when they deepen our own understanding of the Audi cars we own, would like to own or whatever.

When you compare a BMW M3 to an Audi RS4, numbers will never tell the whole story. Sure, there are hard rational facts that describe what a particular model is capable of. Equally, if not more important, there are a whole lot of emotional factors that also colour our perceptions. Very often the decision to buy a car is driven by emotional factors much more than tangible factors.

So what I'm saying is that no one writing on this forum has a monopoly on being right about anything. So, I find it pointless and frustrating when discussions become heated and emotional (see RS4 forum and RS4 disappointments) about entirely subjective opinions. RacerBice started a very interesting and legitimate thread, but it has descended into BMW verus Audi slanging match. Let's not go there.

Instead, let's continue to do what RS6.com does so well: treat each other with respect and courtesy. It is what makes RS6.com such a great place to hang out.

What is great about Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus is that they ALL make fantastic cars. it is why they are the four leading luxury brands. Truth be known, most of us would rather drive one of these brands than say something like a Volvo, Renault, Jaguar or Alfa-Romeo. then again, maybe not. As Mr Balsen would say (because he's French): Vive la difference!

Leadfoot
May 18th, 2006, 11:07
Well said, oh and pass this on to M&M.:0:

FrenchAudi
May 20th, 2006, 00:57
I'd love to get my hands on a Renault Clio RS V6 Evo II...

Hmmmmmmmm...delicious...

bilbozilla
May 20th, 2006, 02:14
I really think we should open up a Macintosh v. Windows thread. Or maybe a Ford v. Chevy. Both could accomplish VOLUMES of great, productive rhetoric and would contain conclusive evidence of the better brand/mindset/quality/performance/support/features/numbers/prices/weights/customization/history/future/management/marketing/advertising/accounting/human resources/efficiency/sound/totally unrelated crap.

Let the games begin.

(This is in jest)

sturs6
May 20th, 2006, 05:12
Yeah I drive a Cadillac and you still allow me here... :bow:
http://www.kelseyphelps.com/Tina_pic2.JPG
http://www.kelseyphelps.com/Tina_pic3.JPG