PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so here's what I'm talking about...

Benman
May 17th, 2006, 15:36
Recently at the Audi Club Las Vegas Event, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Neil McGarry (who many of the rest of you probably already know as one of the original "Founding Fathers" of AudiWorld) for the very first time. A great guy.

Now Neil was asking me my user name on audiworld, and when I told him I didn't even have one, he asked me how come I didn't post there.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that AudiWorld is the Mecca for all things Audi and has a lot of valuable info when researching, but I explained that (IMHO anyway) 80% of the conversations seem to lead to penis swinging contests (which I'd lose BTW;) ), not to mention all the negative comments about the RS 6 before it was released, and so for those reasons, I stay off.

Now, again, audiworld has some great info to give, but here are a couple of samples of something simple turning into a bunch of "swinging"...

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2360654.phtml
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2360757.phtml

Just read all the replies to a simple statement... :rolleyes:

Again, not trying to bash audiworld, cause its great for info, just showing why I prefer to spend my time here.

And like I said to Neil, In No Way Is This A Reflection Of Him, the site is just too big now to "control" everyone. One day, the same thing may happen here as well, you never know.

It's just for me, everyone seems so much more friendly here (hey, speaking of "friendly" whatever happened to Nord? :D ) and it is more 80% friendly vs the 80% negative. The ultimate forum would be the vast resources of audiworld with the friendly disposition of rs6.com...:cheers:

Ben :addict: :rs6kiss:

India Whiskey Charlie
May 17th, 2006, 16:31
Ben,

I agree with all that you have said.

:thumb:

Rstr
May 17th, 2006, 21:12
Agreed :0:
I think Audizine to be even scarier. :rs6kiss: .com

India Whiskey Charlie
May 17th, 2006, 21:19
Originally posted by Benman
One day, the same thing may happen here as well, you never know.
I sure hope not! :nono:

Leadfoot
May 17th, 2006, 23:03
Benman,

I agree. The audi faithfully in the group are the best of buddies and here's hoping it stays that way. Any bitching that does start is always directed at the rivals, for there inability to see the light.

IulianUM
May 18th, 2006, 00:18
Well I learned a lot about cars , tyres , tracks and all those things here , but the best is the guys you find around .

Asked for a vid of Fifth Gear with a Pop group driving a few days ago , is not even Audi related , but someone took his time and is here (thx audirs6.ch) ,all of you make the best Car site .:applause:

You remembered me why I like the sportcars .:asian:

:rs4addict

Benman
May 18th, 2006, 01:23
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Benman,

I agree. The audi faithfully in the group are the best of buddies and here's hoping it stays that way. Any bitching that does start is always directed at the rivals, for there inability to see the light.

You know, that's a great point. In fact, just see this thread: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9104&perpage=18&pagenumber=1 for proof!

All bitching is directed at other brands, which IMHO isn't all that bad since this IS an Audi forum afterall.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Prof Gascan
May 18th, 2006, 16:13
What's funny is that I don't even have a problem with the pissing matches that happen over there (I just avoid it,) it's the massively frustrating forum formating. I can't stand that layout, it drives me nuts. I much prefer ones like RS6.com and vwvortex.com. That said, there's a lot of good info over at Audiworld, and it's definitely part of my daily routine.

Grouse
May 18th, 2006, 17:45
Lol I started on audiforums.com
went to Azine, then to audiworld now here.

I tried a sting at vortex but was banned in about 40 seconds Draconian mods about everything. They called me a smurf and i got the ban stick.

So far i like this place.

I'd point out the reason i think this differs from the others is age and demographics.

most 20+ year olds can pic up a used a4 or even a newer one.

most 30+ can get a4 or a a6....

most 40+ can pick up a A6 and above. We are all not the same blokes we were when we were 20....Less piss and vinager and more track record. we no longer need to prove ourselves as we have a track record already.

DLSJ5
May 18th, 2006, 20:32
Totally agree Benman, this is a much more mature, civilized forum and lots of good info. :thumb:

jasaretta
May 19th, 2006, 09:21
Not really meaning to keep this thread alive but I wandered over to the forum today and looked at this thread.......I think it explains why I keep coming back here. Read the responses (inc mine LOL) Keep up the good work people.

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/1489.phtml

Benman
May 19th, 2006, 14:59
Originally posted by jasaretta
Not really meaning to keep this thread alive but...

Thank you. That is exactly what I'm talking about. Someone goes out of their way to post some pics of an RS 4 and all that happens is he's shot down and belittled. Incredible.

And yes, the one guy's "Mars" comment, was a waste of space.

AudiWorld, great for info, bad for manners...

India Whiskey Charlie
May 19th, 2006, 17:03
Originally posted by Benman
Speaking of info, where do you find it if you didn't try the search. The search function is just as bad as their forum software. And, if you asked a question on the boards, they tell you to search.

Prof Gascan
May 19th, 2006, 17:09
Originally posted by Viken B.
Speaking of info, where do you find it if you didn't try the search. The search function is just as bad as their forum software. And, if you asked a question on the boards, they tell you to search.

Man am I glad that I'm not the only one who finds their search as pitiful as their formatting. Trying to use their search efficiently is just as frustrating as the pissing matches that as so common.

jasaretta
May 20th, 2006, 00:53

You summed it up perfectly.