PDA

View Full Version : Spray out Suzukagrau

Benman
May 16th, 2006, 19:21
Wow. When the Benman's right he's right, and when he's wrong, he's wrong.

Problem is, I'm both.:vhmmm:

Got the code from Akzo Nobel. Formula:

Q911M 182.9 Pearl White
Q678 0.2 Blue Violet
Q811J 12.8 Medium Metallic
Q110 19.3 White
Q195 22.2 Transparent White
Q190 83.3 Transparent White Gray
Q065 95.8 Binder

Ok, so made the color and did a spray out (color is brand new BTW and paint manufactures just got the color info less than one month ago...). Color is really cool. I said the color was white for sure. Well, it is. But I also said the color was NOT metallic, well, it is! I've never seen a color that is both. In the past, this was impossible (although in my defense, the color is 77% pearl white vs 5.5% metallic :D). But as the saying goes, there is a first time for everthing.

The only way to know for sure if my spray out is the same tint as the car is to mail the spray out to Erik for him to check.

Erik, I'll send you a PM.

IMHO, this color looks great in the sun. All the looks of a pearl white with a great bluish tint to it. Very unique and a great sparkle (almost zryllic like). I'd seriously consider this on a small sporty car (read A3 2.0 TDI S Line...:hahahehe: ).

Ben:addict:

Erik
May 16th, 2006, 19:44
Cool. Looking forward to seeing the sample.

Benman
May 16th, 2006, 21:05
Originally posted by Erik
Cool. Looking forward to seeing the sample.

I'll try to get an alternate (there are always ten different ways to make the same color it seems:trash: ) so we can see which is closer.

Erik
May 25th, 2006, 15:26
Got the sample. Thanks!

Looks like it's it, but I will send the sample to the owner of the car to verify it.

Benman
May 27th, 2006, 05:02
Originally posted by Erik
Got the sample. Thanks!

Looks like it's it, but I will send the sample to the owner of the car to verify it.
:thumb: Ok, let me know if it's far off or close.

Erik
May 27th, 2006, 14:49
From memory it looks like very very close.