PDA

View Full Version : DRC is finally fixed!

Hy Octane
May 16th, 2006, 04:48
Thanks to this board and its great members, I have been fortunate enough to be guided to a nearby Audi service center where the proper technicians, tools and knowlege were used to finally restore my DRC to its former condition.

If anyone in the SoCal area is having this same problem, PM me and I will tell you where to go to have it repaired.

Now, where was I before all this DRC stuff distracted me?

Oh Yeah! now I can get back to solving the boost cut-off problem..
:addict:

mi021le
May 16th, 2006, 04:52
dude congrads sorry it took so long. was it just the shop?

DrivItLikUStolI
May 16th, 2006, 09:59
Hi,

WOW you really had me scared. The only issues I have had so far are a bad evap purge valve, a bad front wheel bearing, an airbag replaced because the computer said it was faulty, and a front sway bar link that seems to loosen up about every 7000 miles I had the rotors and brake pads replace at 20K miles. But when I bought the car it came with 4 year maintence and six year warranty, so far is has not cost me anything to maintain and service it. The even replaced the wiper blades for free. :rs6kiss:

Aronis
May 16th, 2006, 12:12
Don't bait me like that...

Is the suspension back to solid as a rock firm at all four corners?

Normal ride? No Sqatting with braking? No Rise and Fall over bumps? Bouncing on rough roads while turning? Etc.

Did you speak with J. C. yet?

What was the Magic Method?

Thanks,

Mike

Aronis
May 16th, 2006, 16:41
Hy Octane, you have a PM...

Which dealership was it?

Mike

Hy Octane
May 16th, 2006, 16:41
Mike..
The car rides as before.. No squat or roll and the difference from what AoA pronounced as "fixed" to what it is now is amazing.. My sons butt g force meter has also pronunced her back to normal again..

The main deal is what we have discussed here before.. lack of training and proper equipment along with them really not understanding how the DRC is supposed to work ( the theory) by AoA ...
Since they dont know what its supposed to ride like, they dont know when or if they have duplicated the original ride after repairing it..

I will be calling JC today..

The key seems to be that fact that the accumulators are good for one use only.. It seems as tho our USA techs ( including the expert JC sent) do not know that you cant disconnect them to add more pressure to the shocks and then reconnect them to the same ones.. once they open the valve thats it .. you need new ones pressurized to 16 bar form the factory.. It requires the proper charging system complete with pressure gauges to check it (which my guys did not have) as well as a basic understanding of the procedure and do's and donts..

Its all in the way its done.. and if you werent taught properly, you cant fixit..

We must now figure out a way to find a repair contact for you there in NY who meets the above criteria..
The good news is that the parts are ok, the system is fixable..Hang in ..

jonas21
May 16th, 2006, 17:15
Originally posted by Hy Octane

We must now figure out a way to find a repair contact for you there in NY who meets the above criteria..

Not sure...but if they sell the RS4 in US now...try to find a dealer that got one. Since it has an enhanced DRC (compared to RS6) its most likely that they can handle both.

Aronis
May 16th, 2006, 21:40
From the onset, my biggest concern when my car failed was the LACK OF EXPERIENCE fixing such a system. That is why MORE communication was needed.

The Repair manual just needs a little more explicite explaination...then they could infer that if the don't get it right they have to get another set of valves at 16 bar.

I hope to have mine fixed soon.

Paul is the King of DRC Repair.

Mike

Benman
May 17th, 2006, 00:18
Mike..
The car rides as before..

The good news is that the parts are ok, the system is fixable..Hang in ..

Paul!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I'm almost crying!:D Dude, that is so awesome! I can only imagine the patience that has been required for you and Aronis! To hear that yours is fixed and (hopefully) Aronis is next... that is just awesome man. I'm so happy for you. Now if they can just get your freaking Boost problem fixed... you can get back to actually enjoying the car! Wow, what a concept!

BTW, on the boost thing, when I did my 35K, tech found the O Ring to be crimped from the factory??? Maybe pinched upon assembly? Anyway, said I was losing a little boost from that (never felt it :confused: ). Is it even possible that a similar issue for your car could be part of it? I'm sure your tech has already checked that, but thought I'd mention it all the same.

So happy your DRC is FIXED!!! Now they can take care of Aronis!

Ben:rs6kiss:

Aronis
May 17th, 2006, 01:07
Well, if fixed it certainly will restore my faith in Audi...waiting on parts....:dance:

minimad
May 17th, 2006, 06:52
Paul and Mike, it's good to hear the thing work out well. But I don't mean to be suspecious for the healthy result, I had repairing experience as well. Use the Audi special tools to fix mine and everything back to normal for ....... only few months, then some unkown noise come back again after another 5K driving. Hope this is an unusual case.

I took out all four shocks and replace the PSS9 kit. The four OEM shocks are all look perfectly fine without any leakage or misalignment, I still don't know what's the real reason of the noise, neither the shop who repair them. So please keep us updated if the successful result could last.

Hy Octane
May 17th, 2006, 17:00
I took out all four shocks and replace the PSS9 kit.

Just out of curiosity, how does the Pss9 setup compare to the factory DRC as far as ride and stability thru corners?

minimad
May 17th, 2006, 17:54
Just out of curiosity, how does the Pss9 setup compare to the factory DRC as far as ride and stability thru corners?

Hy octane, the ride & stability thru corners of PSS9 is simply BETTER than DRC setup.

Not only myself, at least 4 other persons who have RS6 experience all feel the same way.

Aronis
May 17th, 2006, 22:48
PSS9 was my next step but I want to exhaust all Audi possiblities, including getting something in writting that said my car was not normal.....thus force the issue on "letting me go aftermarket" without worrying about having to put the car back to stock at the end of the lease.

Mike

SoCal
May 18th, 2006, 07:19
HyOctane:

I'm thrilled for you.:thumb:

What dealer fixed it? PM me, thanks.

Aronis
May 19th, 2006, 00:31
FREE ADVICE.

After the DRC "repair" it is ESSENTIAL to get the car checked again WEEKLY for a few weeks since My Fixed System (not quite) is now leaking from one of the check valves, so I got that one sided rocking stuff back...really fun.

I hope after the upcoming Next Fix I don't get another leak.......

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Mike

gjg
May 22nd, 2006, 01:29
oh shit .... got .44 Magnum handy if you need some ...:thumb:

Paldi
May 22nd, 2006, 04:20
OK Mike, your turn...

Aronis
May 22nd, 2006, 12:11
Waiting on Parts.

Funny thing, the General Manager at the last dealership to work on my car is not there anymore!?!?!? Um.......

Interesting.......or just coincidence?

Mike