PDA

View Full Version : Bullrun: MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust and a 2007 Audi RS4

Erik
May 15th, 2006, 09:40
http://www.magnaflow.com/05news/news/bullrunaudi.asp

One of the cars we will use on the Bullrun event is the stellar new 2007 Audi RS4. Our own Craig Lieberman (Marketing Director) had this to say about the car:

“I have to admit, I had limited knowledge (but certainly respect) for Audi performance sedans. With our upcoming Bullrun event, I felt it was time to get acclimated to the all-new Audi RS4, one of two cars we’ll be using for the event. These cars aren’t even in dealers yet and I don’t remember reading any reports about the new RS4, so this may be the first anyone’s really hearing about the car’s capabilities.

After a brief test drive, it was clear that the 2007 Audi RS4 is a giant leap forward in the performance sedan market. Boasting about 420hp, all wheel drive and monstrous 8 piston front brakes, the Audi RS4 is designed for one purpose: to decimate BMW’s M cars. It’s smaller and feels more nimble than a M5, has plenty of room inside for four and just flat out does everything well.

The all aluminum 4.2L V8 absolutely roars like an exotic car. Think Ferrari, albeit just a tad subdued…and much more practical.

The car’s all wheel drive provides superior grip and seat of the pants testing seemed to indicate that the car had better grip than the E46 M3 I used to own. Quarter mile times should be deep into the 12’s. The car feels as sure footed as my 996TT did and in a tight sweeper, once the car takes a set, there’s gobs of grip with just a tad off understeer at the limit. A quick roll out of the throttle brings you back in line and the high revving V8 (the car redlines at a stratospheric 8,000 rpms) absolutely sings.

The interior is very impressive…generous usage of real carbon fiber, fantastic seats, and one of the quietest riding sedans I’ve been in. Tight, solid and very well built. Under the hood, there’s a wild looking V8 struggling for shoulder room, but nicely appointed with more carbon fiber accents and Ferrari-like cam covers. It’s way sexier than what you see under the bonnet of any Porsche and nearly as jewelry-like as the Lamborghini’s V10 powerplant.

The best part is, unless you’re an Audi-phile, few people know what they’re looking at. After a few stop light encounters, I suspect that people will quickly learn all about the new Audi RS4.”

http://www.magnaflow.com/05news/news/gifs/audi1big.jpg