PDA

View Full Version : US Spec Interior

sturs6
May 14th, 2006, 03:33
Can someone post some official or even first hand pictures of the US Spec interior? There are lots of pictures here but none of ht einside.
Please show me something here.
:cheers:
Stuart

Audihead
May 14th, 2006, 04:17
http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2007_int_gallery5_rs4_lg.jpg

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2007_int_gallery3_rs4_lg.jpg

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2007_int_gallery2_rs4_lg.jpg

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2007_int_gallery1_rs4_lg.jpg

If you go to the www.audiusa.com website you can take a virtual tour of the interior and exterior.:rs4addict

Grouse
May 14th, 2006, 05:35
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGH..

where is that awesome wheel, and kick arse seats.... them bastiches.

that's it we are moving to Zurich.

Tanner
May 14th, 2006, 06:48
Pretty simple reason - the seats and steering wheel do not meet safety requirements. Old news! :)

Audihead
May 14th, 2006, 17:08
Originally posted by Tanner
Pretty simple reason - the seats and steering wheel do not meet safety requirements. Old news! :)

Right. No push-button start, sport seats, or flat bottom wheel.

Benman
May 14th, 2006, 17:31

Actually. that's what the Man wants you to believe. When on the test drive in Germany with the test pilot, he laughed at the outrageous claim that the Euro seats didn't "pass" our "safety" standards. People, think about it, would the Germans who REGULARLY drive at triple digit speeds put something in their cars that was too dangerous to meet our "mighty" safety standards? Yeah right. Its just a matter of Audi not wanting to play the red tape game and forking over millions of bucks to prove something they already know to be the case... It just doesn't make economic sense on such a low volume vehicle.

Blame US bull crap congress, not Audi.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Tanner
May 14th, 2006, 21:55
That is what one of the sales person here also confirmed. The crash test certification of the A4 is based on the car having airbags in the seat which has a significant outcome in side impact. Without these, the results would have been night and day which would have resulted in a different crash test rating for the RS4.

Leadfoot
May 14th, 2006, 22:54
It sucks you aren't getting the steering wheel. I was unaware that the bucket seats didn't have airbags, I must admit that this would be important to me and would make me pick the Recaros.

What is the reason for not offering the RS4 steering wheel?

Benman
May 14th, 2006, 23:54
Without these, the results would have been night and day which would have resulted in a different crash test rating for the RS4.

So we are to believe that all Germans and Europeans "ill informed" enough to choose the Sport Recaros are just waiting to be killed? Nah, believe me, the TUV standards far exceed anything on this side of the Pond. Those seats are plenty safe.

Originally posted by Leadfoot
What is the reason for not offering the RS4 steering wheel? Same kinda propaganda/double standards as the Seats. Its ok for Kias and Hyundais to import cars with no air bags in the seats as long as they pay the "fines". :deal:

The wheel is plenty safe in the Gallardo (and for that matter, the new GTI) but since the RS 4 is a different car, that needs to be tested as well. Millions later, the wheel is "certified" as safe.:rolleyes: Not economically viable for such a low volume car. Gallardo is also low volume, but way more expensive and can therefore afford the additional cost (they just pass em' over to the customer... ).

Grouse
May 15th, 2006, 03:08
if your that hard up for the wheel, 400hpa4 can get it for you.

You can find him on another board.. I think it runs 1600 or so with out airbag.

Audihead
May 15th, 2006, 04:55
Originally posted by Benman
The wheel is plenty safe in the Gallardo (and for that matter, the new GTI) but since the RS 4 is a different car, that needs to be tested as well. Millions later, the wheel is "certified" as safe.:rolleyes: Not economically viable for such a low volume car. Gallardo is also low volume, but way more expensive and can therefore afford the additional cost (they just pass em' over to the customer... ).
Ben:addict: [/B]

This is the bottom line folks. Audi could not make a business case for it in the RS4. Therefore we will see the stuff in the expensive cars and the mass produced vehicles that can offset the costs of certification. Also, here is another tidbit for you. N/A is still the only market where the crash testing is still done without seatbelts, thus adding to the problems. The cool part is this leads to a great black market for aftermarket parts. So sign me up for the Wheel, Ceramic brakes, and Seats. Any leads folks?:rs4addict

Grouse
May 15th, 2006, 07:29
400hpa4 thread for OEM stuff. (http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70)

he has the pedal sets, seats, and steering wheels.

the seats are 13k.... yeah swallow that one.

the steering wheel looks like 600 with out airbag.

nene
May 15th, 2006, 15:20
Another good source for Euro spec'd parts is VagParts.com. They can usually get you stuff that your local dealer won't be able to. Prices are usually pretty decent. Givem them a call if anyone is interested.

I'm with Ben on this one. I think the items are safe as TUV standards are pretty hard to achieve, and US laws should be revisited. Just sucks.

Benman
May 15th, 2006, 15:24
Originally posted by Audihead
This is the bottom line folks. Audi could not make a business case for it in the RS4. Therefore we will see the stuff in the expensive cars and the mass produced vehicles that can offset the costs of certification. Also, here is another tidbit for you. N/A is still the only market where the crash testing is still done without seatbelts, thus adding to the problems. The cool part is this leads to a great black market for aftermarket parts. So sign me up for the Wheel, Ceramic brakes, and Seats. Any leads folks?:rs4addict

Well said, I tend to ramble more than neccessary to get my point across.:trash: :D

Erik
May 15th, 2006, 19:49
:noshake: don't cry :cry:

1) For the track, the EU steering wheel is not very good.
Well, at least it takes some getting used to having really good grip on some of the parts of the steering wheel, and non on the slippery (plastic) aluminium.

2) The starter button. Who cares? Even the VW Passats have them so it's cooler not to have one. And you need the key anyway. :vhmmm:

So - Do not worry.

Benman
May 15th, 2006, 20:09
Originally posted by Erik
and non on the slippery aluminium.

So - Do not worry.

And (3), the EU wheel is not Aluminium! It plastic!:bigeyes:

Audihead
May 16th, 2006, 03:08
Originally posted by Erik
:noshake: don't cry :cry:

1) For the track, the EU steering wheel is not very good.
Well, at least it takes some getting used to having really good grip on some of the parts of the steering wheel, and non on the slippery aluminium.

2) The starter button. Who cares? Even the VW Passats have them so it's cooler not to have one. And you need the key anyway. :vhmmm:

So - Do not worry.

Not bummed at all. The sports seats are a pain in the ass to get out of and aren't comfortable. The flat bottomed rim is made of cheap plastic, and the push button start is just a gimick if the key has to be used. I have come to terms with it.:0: :rs4addict

clam
May 16th, 2006, 07:46
Originally posted by Benman
Actually. that's what the Man wants you to believe. When on the test drive in Germany with the test pilot, he laughed at the outrageous claim that the Euro seats didn't "pass" our "safety" standards. People, think about it, would the Germans who REGULARLY drive at triple digit speeds put something in their cars that was too dangerous to meet our "mighty" safety standards? Yeah right. Its just a matter of Audi not wanting to play the red tape game and forking over millions of bucks to prove something they already know to be the case... It just doesn't make economic sense on such a low volume vehicle.

Blame US bull crap congress, not Audi.:thumb:

Indeed, Audi seems to be the only manufacturer that has trouble meeting 'seat regulations'.

Personally, I think Audi has realized that most American type bodies have different dimensions than most European type bodies. But b/c this can be a sensitive area, they've come up with the excuse of regulations.

I have a 28 inch waste, and even I wasn't comfortable being pushed in the sides in the BMW 1series sport seats. I can't imagine what a well nurished man is going to feel like in the RS4 seats. It could be a deal breaker.

MR USER
May 16th, 2006, 18:48
Grouse I is wiw you BRO.

Me will wait you in da airport in Zurich for an RS4 ride to the closest AMAG Audi Dealer!!!