PDA

View Full Version : Which is best BMW or Audi and why.

Leadfoot
May 13th, 2006, 14:27
How many on the forum have had a BMW.

I've had two a 328ci and a 525i both the last model and both only for a year. The 5 was a great car the most comfortable car I have ever owned, and the 3 on the right day was great fun to drive. But I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't enjoy owning them and sold them so quickly. The same thing happened with a Volvo S60. What is it about Audis?

Because I sold so quickly I lost a fortune and now scare to try again in case the same thing happens.

Has anyone experienced the same?

kiza
May 13th, 2006, 16:28
man, you're opening a can of worms here:doh:

Leadfoot
May 14th, 2006, 13:43
On a Audi forum, a third would perfer BMW.:cry: puke: I would like to hear reasons either way.

Erik
May 14th, 2006, 13:52
Originally posted by Leadfoot
On a Audi forum, a third would perfer BMW

The new RS4 has attracted a lot of BMW-people ;)

Don't expect to get anything sensible out of this poll.

Speedou
May 14th, 2006, 14:10
BMW, just because of the fun I get when I'm driving it. I love rear wheel drive and controlling rwd drifts. To me BMW is much more drivers car. Not so easy - not so boring.

And fight is ready to start :applause:

Audihead
May 14th, 2006, 17:04
I have owned 2 BMW's. I enjoyed both of them alot. I had a 318Ti and a Z3 3.0i coupe. They were easy to drive and styled nicely (I'm a hatchback nut). The thing was, I just could not get truly comfortable in these cars. For me the seats sucked. The Audi to me just is the complete package. The interiors are world class the styling is coming around and you have all weather capability. The performance in some respects is a little behind the times, but with the next generations coming soon this looks to addressed in spades. I don't want to start any wars either, but with the Audi lines, I just think you get more for your money.

Leadfoot
May 14th, 2006, 22:43
Originally posted by Erik
The new RS4 has attracted a lot of BMW-people ;)

Don't expect to get anything sensible out of this poll.

Erik,

I understand why you are saying this about the poll, but I disagree. If I was in Audi or BMW I would be very interested in to why someone would choice other brand over theirs.

I do agree that the new RS4 has attracted lots of BMW people and I believe the reason is it's really the first Audi since the original Quattro that is exciting to drive. This is not mud throwing at either brand. I was just interested in different opinions on both sides why they perfered one brand or the other and if one changed to the other why.

I know I make digs at BMW, but it's only in joke, it a quality product, it's just it's always walked a different path in terms of driving style. I would be the first person to say BMW are mostly more exciting to drive, but not always to own. I couldn't get use to the off-set pedal and the seating position was all wrong.

In my opinion Audi have always done the more complete package and have perfered their styling inside and out. Hopefully with stealing some of BMW's chassis engineers I believe the fruits are starting to show first with the RS4 and will follow with the TT and A4/A5 to come. Quattro has only be an important selling point for me, I personally want its added safety when driving, knowing that when the back end steps out just a boot of throttle bring everything under control.

Please everybody use this poll constructively and not to bitch about one or the other.

exE46M3
May 15th, 2006, 00:26
To me, BMW is still a step ahead due to the aforementioned reasons - better balanced/more enjoyable/focused platforms.

Audi is catching up though.

Before I get flamed for voicing my opinion I'll point out a couple things: a) I like German engineered cars. Period. b) I owned an Audi and several BMWs. My opinion is based on personal experience.

audi713
May 15th, 2006, 03:28
Im sure audi could build a great rwd car if they really wanted....I dont believe they are lagingbehind bmw some pl perfer quattro

DejaVu
May 16th, 2006, 00:29
Hard to choose.

Top 3 = Audi, BMW, Mercedes.

:thumb:

alex_s3
May 17th, 2006, 19:28
Audi = Quattro and turbo on s-rs models :dig:
Bmw = rear wheel drive and no turbo on m-models.. :looking:

My vote did go to Audi, but Bmw also make nice cars..

steffenr
May 17th, 2006, 20:49
my wote went to audi, I just feel more at home in audis than I do in a BMW or a Benz for that matter