PDA

View Full Version : RS4 V8 Sport

Mr Balsen
May 12th, 2006, 21:00
I have learned recently from a reliable source (:D :D :D) that Quattro Gmbh is currently developping a Sport version of the RS4 V8. It will be similar to the RS6 Plus with a more powerfull engine (450-470hp) and a stiffer chassis.

As always don't ask me how I know....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Benman
May 12th, 2006, 21:13
Originally posted by Mr Balsen

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic
And as always, I assume that version of the RS 4 will not be coming Stateside...:(

Ben:addict:

Rstr
May 12th, 2006, 21:36
If it were to come to the States, I would really reconsider taking delivery of the regular RS4.

Hmm.... that would be a tough decision. :applause:

Fab
May 13th, 2006, 08:02
I have learned recently from a reliable source (:D :D :D) that Quattro Gmbh is currently developping a Sport version of the RS4 V8. It will be similar to the RS6 Plus with a more powerfull engine (450-470hp) and a stiffer chassis.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Hi Fred,

What would be your guess for the release date of this upcoming RS4+ ? 1 year from now or more ?

As it seems the avant have a couple of months delay (almost confirmed by my dealer) I may consider this option if not too far away.

Ciao

Fab

Iceman
May 13th, 2006, 08:19
Nothing new there, old news. :D

Hans.

KK265
May 13th, 2006, 09:14
Originally posted by Fab
Hi Fred,

What would be your guess for the release date of this upcoming RS4+ ? 1 year from now or more ?

As it seems the avant have a couple of months delay (almost confirmed by my dealer) I may consider this option if not too far away.

Ciao

Fab

My information is for late 2008 early 2009.

Ruergard
May 13th, 2006, 10:18
Sounds nice! Very nice! :revs:

Riz_RS4
May 13th, 2006, 10:29
I very much doubt Audi will follow the "Plus" route as it didnt really do anything but harm the old RS6 prices... there were alot of upset customers....

Besides the RS4 is already at a high state of tune.... pushing more bhp out of the engine might not be a reliable option.

Riz:rs4addict

Leadfoot
May 13th, 2006, 14:34

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Frederic,

I reckon the car you are talking about will be the up and coming RS5.

QuattroFun
May 13th, 2006, 17:24
Sounds nice - but 1) will it only be avant again and 2) how are they supposed to get another 30-50bhp out of this engine with durability in mind when in fact it does not rev to the claimed 8250 rmp (limiter is in fact at some 8000+) without creating a bespoke and very expensive new engine?

Mr Balsen
May 13th, 2006, 23:31
Originally posted by QuattroFun
Sounds nice - but 1) will it only be avant again and 2) how are they supposed to get another 30-50bhp out of this engine with durability in mind when in fact it does not rev to the claimed 8250 rmp (limiter is in fact at some 8000+) without creating a bespoke and very expensive new engine?

MTM was able to get more HP with a different exhaust line and different ECU. At least 450hp.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

AndyBG
May 14th, 2006, 01:10
So, this could be that ''RS 4 DTM limted'' i was dreaming about.

EXCELENT! :revs:

IulianUM
May 14th, 2006, 01:51
Hi Frederic , You know if this MTM exhaust and ECU will be available for purchase?

BTW , do you mind if I PM you about an MTM "thing" I`m interested in? :mech:

Thanks.:blush:

Mr Balsen
May 14th, 2006, 10:25
Originally posted by IulianUM
Hi Frederic , You know if this MTM exhaust and ECU will be available for purchase?

BTW , do you mind if I PM you about an MTM "thing" I`m interested in? :mech:

Thanks.:blush:

No problem. you can also send me an email at mtmfrance@yahoo.fr

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

QuattroFun
May 14th, 2006, 19:26
Interesting - so installing MTM components M1RS4420420QX & M-RS4AGA42BQS4K would give me 450bhp for some 4000 euros then? Worth looking into if that is the case...

MR USER
May 15th, 2006, 19:21
I would be happy enaught to get the 420 bhp they claim to sell... as I really do not think they reach more than 350 (at least mine)!!!

I am ready for the Dyno in 2 weeks and I will see if is me spoiled by power or my car that does not reach what they claim it has.

About the RS4+ I agree about the unhappy customer comments. But I can always switch to the upcoming R8!

I will be in Vallelunga racing the same weekend the Stars race and I will beg Audi Sport to give me the ECU.

I doubt I will get anything but insults but at least I tryed!

KK265
May 15th, 2006, 23:02
Originally posted by MR USER

I will be in Vallelunga racing the same weekend the Stars race and I will beg Audi Sport to give me the ECU.

I doubt I will get anything but insults but at least I tryed!

One month ago i send a letter to Quattro GmbH because i have the same concerns about the horsepower of the 4.2 V8.I received
this answer"We know the statements of tuners that the RS4 have less then 420 hp. With our tests we have other results. The result of tests often depends from several conditions (wheather, altitude, gasoline quality....)."

MR USER
May 15th, 2006, 23:20
Did you ask Audi to Run the same tests and give you the results? I will do that as soon as they will give the answer you gave me. I alredy agreed with an official dealer...