PDA

View Full Version : Great Car & Trucks

Finnus
May 10th, 2006, 19:24
Help!

As you know I have my Beast on the market through AutoTrader.com. I was contacted by a company in Alberta, Canada called "Great Cars & Trucks" Here's their web address:

www.greatcarsandtrucks.com (http://www.greatcarsandtrucks.com/)

Is anyone here familiar with them? Are they reputable? Please feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to go public.

Thanks for your help!

Finnus
:addict:

Benman
May 10th, 2006, 20:02
Sorry Finnus, never heard of them, but wanted you to know I cared.:0: ;)

Ben:addict:

Finnus
May 10th, 2006, 20:29
never heard of them, but wanted you to know I cared

Ben, You're the greatest! :harass: :wo: :harass:

Seriously, I'm very wary of scams. :vgrumpy:

Finnus

Benman
May 10th, 2006, 23:26
Originally posted by Finnus

Seriously, I'm very wary of scams. :vgrumpy:

Finnus

I don't blame you... Hopefully someone has heard good things about www.greatcarsandtrucks.com :cheers:

Finnus
May 11th, 2006, 01:55
It just doesn't smell right ... : puke:

They market your car, introduce buyer and seller, and finance the deal. They want $160 up front, but make their money on the financing. If they make money on the financing and guarantee results, why charge $160?

They're out of the country which is an immediate warning sign - can you imagine trying to get recourse against a Canadian company and over such a relatively small amount? The dude claims they've financed 500,000 deals, but they only have about 30 of what they call exotics (or some such category) listed - and they didn't look very exotic to me. He claimed to have 75 buyers looking for RS6's (when I've gotten 1 hit off of Autotrader in a month - and I think my car is more than fairly priced based on all of the extras). The dude claims he only personally handles cars above $65,000, which just happens to be the price of my car on Autotrader.

Sounds like a lot of bull sh-t to me. I've asked for references (all they sent was this cheesy web link), the name of their legal contact and law firm in the states (who I'll contact if they have one - which they probably don't) and about 20 other questions.

If nobody here (and a seasoned member) has heard of them and can give them a raving review, and with all my other concerns, I'm going to stay away. It just plain doesn't smell right - even if its only to bilk me out of my $160 bucks (and you can be dead certain they're not getting my credit card #)

So if anybody has heard anything about them, I would appreciate it.

And quite frankly, I'm not going to be crying if I don't sell the Beast. And then I can bring it to the New England summer meet!

Finnus

SpinEcho
May 11th, 2006, 01:57
Never heard of them. My advice: stay away!

Finnus
May 11th, 2006, 01:59
SpinEcho,

Where in Canada are you? They're in Alberta.

Bob

Benman
May 11th, 2006, 04:10
Finnus,

Not that these people have anything to do with your situation, but a good "refresher" course if you will...

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=620&highlight=rs6+avant+for+sale+in+us

Best Of Luck.:thumb:

Rupert
May 11th, 2006, 10:31
We have "scams" operating in the UK which sound similar to this company's technique.
They get in contact through autotrader, ask for a fee up-front, claiming to have "10 people in your area looking for exactly that type of car". When you pay your money - the phone never rings.
It's not illegal yet. Search for reviews of cardata.co.uk.
Offer to give them $250 WHEN they sell your car, not before!

Have fun!

Finnus
May 11th, 2006, 10:55
Ben,

One of my questions was to ask for their escow process. I haven't heard a peep out of them since. I know there are a lot of scams out there ...

He was also very pushy about getting back to me the afternoon he contacted me.

Rupert,

Thanks for the feedback. It does sound similar.

I guess the caveat in this cas should be "seller beware!"

Finnus

SpinEcho
May 11th, 2006, 23:59
Originally posted by Finnus
SpinEcho,

Where in Canada are you? They're in Alberta.

Bob

I'm in Ontario - other side of the country...

sturs6
May 12th, 2006, 03:04
Originally posted by Benman
Sorry Finnus, never heard of them, but wanted you to know I cared.:0: ;)

Finnus,
Like Benman I too care... therefore you have pm!!!