PDA

View Full Version : A4 shaking troubles

Muju
March 18th, 2003, 21:42
Hey Everybody,

Okay. I have a new 2003 audi a4 avant and im having some troubles with it. When I floor the gas pedal on 4th and 5th gear starting from round 2500 upwards the whole chassis shakes and it feels like the engine will fall out since it shakes so much. You can even make scrambled eggs in the front seat=) hehe

My friend has the same problem on his A4 2002 sedan. He fixed it with KNN and New pipes. I got new pipes now and knn and i still have the same problem. The Audi mechanics have no idea why it shakes.

Does anybody have any suggestions? maybe engine reinforcments? or something..

Thankyou for your time. Need help=):addict:

Benman
March 18th, 2003, 22:03
depending on if it occurs only at certain rpm's (you state 2500
and up) it could be anything from exhaust problems to engine
mounts. you state that the audi mechanics are not sure what
the cause is. have you taken them for a ride in your car so you
can show them what it's doing? this is DEFINATELY not a normal
occurance and if the problem persists without a remedy it will
be time to complain about a replacement car. good luck:cheers:

:addict:

Silvant
March 19th, 2003, 08:40
funny (well) not really but, i was just driving my lady's 02 1.8T and am noticing the same thing.. though not as bad as you are describing, i can tell it is the same thing you are describing..
fyi, it is a 02, 5spd, 1.8t, neuspeed stage1 chip, 20k miles..
please post or even email me if you figure out the problem or if it gets worse. are you or your friends chipped?:eye:

Muju
March 27th, 2003, 09:17
Ive been talking with the audi mechanics at mtm in Germany and they said that its a very common problem. The only way it can be solved is by re balancing your engine, which means opening the whole shit up and waisting lots of cash or by remapping the Lambda system in your exhaust which is a very difficult job. In other word the sensor at the front of the pipe (near the engine) is tell we need more more air and the sensor at the end of the pipe is saying we dont want more air and then they get a fu**ing divorce=)....

Muju
April 9th, 2003, 19:52
or then it could be the engine brackets. Maybe the "rubber donuts" should be changed to stronger brackets.. It could be that the engine shakes causing the chassis to shake cuz of so much torque