PDA

View Full Version : rs4 lease prices?

stinsy
May 10th, 2006, 14:22
I've got a deposit down on an RS4 to lease, but left payment details vague with dealer (he wouldn't or didn't want to say lease price). If you guage it on price alone, the Audi sight says a 73K A8L leases for around 1200. Anyone getting any info on this when they put down deposits?:rs4addict

India Whiskey Charlie
May 10th, 2006, 15:26
No one knows how the RS4 is going to lease until the cars are on US soil. Banks haven't even set residual values for this car yet. Having said that, your comparison with the A8 is a fair one and I'd expect payments of $1000-$1500 depending on money factor and other set parameters.

Benman
May 10th, 2006, 16:54
Originally posted by Viken B.
No one knows how the RS4 is going to lease until the cars are on US soil. Banks haven't even set residual values for this car yet.

True that. Or... maybe try putting a slug of money down, having a $860 a month car payment for 5 years and own it out right! I will own my RS 6 free and clear in 2 years, 3 months 12 days.;) :D But this is only good if you plan on keeping the car. I do...

Ben:addict::rs6kiss:

stinsy
May 10th, 2006, 18:12
Thanks. Can only be leased. can't be 1500. Can swing 1200 tops. My S4 now is only 850. Wish me luck.

Audihead
May 10th, 2006, 18:29
Payments and leases just went up for the '07's by .2%. Meaning an extra 50 to 60 bucks a month, so I've been told.

rheudabaga
May 10th, 2006, 20:09
Originally posted by stinsy
Thanks. Can only be leased. can't be 1500. Can swing 1200 tops. My S4 now is only 850. Wish me luck.

I don't want to rain on your parade, and I'm only going by what my dealer has told me, but it's looking to be closer to 1500 if not more:MTM: .

I hope I'm/he's mistaken.

stinsy
May 10th, 2006, 21:06
Why would it be SO much more than an equivalently priced car? Just demand?

rheudabaga
May 10th, 2006, 21:13
He said he was basing it on the residual and money factor numbers from the W12 A8. In his experience, the limited edition models (like the RS6) have been in that range. Of course the RS6 probably leased for better numbers because back in 03 the interest rates were much more aggressive. Now the equivalent apr on the RS4's money factor could be as high as 10% :bigeyes: .

Like I said, I hope he's wrong.

India Whiskey Charlie
May 10th, 2006, 21:50
Originally posted by rheudabaga
He said he was basing it on the residual and money factor numbers from the W12 A8. In his experience, the limited edition models (like the RS6) have been in that range. Of course the RS6 probably leased for better numbers because back in 03 the interest rates were much more aggressive. Now the equivalent apr on the RS4's money factor could be as high as 10% :bigeyes: . Like I said, I hope he's wrong.
It's not a question of right or wrong. He's basing this on assumptions which is all dealers can do for now. Having said that, let's remember that Audi Financial is not the only leasing company out there. Dealers have access to several other banks who are always willing to compete with lower money factors and/or higher residuals. You'd be surprised at some of the deals you might be able to get. You should talk to your dealer as soon as the RS4's start trickling in.

stinsy
May 10th, 2006, 23:24
Sounds like I better reset my sights back on another S4. We'll see. Thanks for the info. Speaking of which, by fall will there be any changes? +HP? Anything?

India Whiskey Charlie
May 10th, 2006, 23:34
Sounds like I better reset my sights back on another S4. We'll see. Thanks for the info. Speaking of which, by fall will there be any changes? +HP? Anything?
It is highly doubtful that the B7 S4 will get any horsepower increase for 2007. Aside from the fact that the 2007 order guide is still stating 340 HP, Audi would have to re-certify the whole car with the government. I don't think they'd do that until the new body (B8) is introduced. I think the 4.2 FSI will be rated at 355 HP in that body style.

Audihead
May 11th, 2006, 04:06
You can use the Audi payment configurator for this question. Just put in what you want to put down and presto, you have your payment. For a buy with no taxes figured in at 5.0% intrerest for 60 months with $10,000 down it came up with $1,173.22 per month. A lease should be a little cheeper. Tried the lease and it's not up yet, but you can figure it will be less.

stinsy
May 11th, 2006, 14:30
I hope you're right. Again, a same priced A8L leases for 1200 with 2500 down. But people have said Audi may jack it up because of limited release.:eye:

SoCal
May 12th, 2006, 08:38
I hope you're right. Again, a same priced A8L leases for 1200 with 2500 down. But people have said Audi may jack it up because of limited release.:eye:

The only things that really matter if you lease -- and you should definitely shop around on all this -- will be:

--sales price of car (hard to negotiate for the first RS4s, but better later),

--residual value (may be better through Audi Financial that other leasing companies, but shop around), and

--money factor (which will be higher now than in the past few years thanks to rising interest rates, unless subsidized lease rates are used later to entice sales after the initial rush for the new model on release).

Lease term and money down you control, to keep comparisons apples to apples as much as possible.

Good luck.

kujo
May 13th, 2006, 09:39
ahhh, Audi residual value.....

kinda why I defected .....

kj

Benman
May 14th, 2006, 03:46
Originally posted by kujo
ahhh, Audi residual value.....

kinda why I defected .....

kj
Traitor in our midst!

kujo
May 14th, 2006, 04:09
Just got tired of waiting...........

Then a few strange 'events' took place.
Sold the S.
picked up a new GTI
sold the GTI
needed a 4 door and ended up with this car.

Great handling.
Good mpgs. ( the S just sucked up fuel)
4 doors
best residual value for re sale.

lots of things really.......

We'll see if the B8 can bring me back.......

I still LOVE Audi.....
But honestly, my expereinces with AoA was less than good........
They'd have/keep alot more customers if they got their act together a bit or just cared about thier customers really........

I know they're losing thier shirts selling cars in the USA, but don't bother unless you're going to do it right, ya know........

kj