PDA

View Full Version : Finally got someone to "go off the DRC reservation."

Aronis
May 8th, 2006, 19:48
I stopped by an Audi dealership just north of Syracuse today on my way back to Binghamton.

It's in Cicero New York, and I missed it on the RS6 list....dam....1 hour north....

Anyway I did a drive-by to have them look at the car under the guise of "hey my car is acting funny."

The Mechanic (RS6 tech) drove the car and reported back that it was NOT RIGHT. And the best part is they put it in WRITING.

My car was NEVER back to spec, any spec, not even Lawn Tractor Spec for suspension function.

One of the check valves is leaking to boot!

So they are going to order some parts and try repressurizing my DRC some time in the next week or so.

I had a strange thought....what if the VAG tool they have in Latham is OUT OF CALIBRATION and thus they were trying and trying but simply were setting the pressure too low do to a faulty reading on that piece of equipment.

That would be a kicker and could answer a lot of questions!

But at least I got some one Audi to buck they system and actually acknowledge that there is a problem with my car!!!!! A big step for Audi!

My biggest disappointment through all this has been the lack of honesty on several involved. How can they look me in the eye and say the car is back to spec and report back to AOA that the car is fixed....

And....the On-Star is red again...not surprised.

Mike

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 20:40
Originally posted by Aronis
I stopped by an Audi dealership...
The Mechanic (RS6 tech) drove the car and reported back that it was NOT RIGHT. And the best part is they put it in WRITING.

And....the On-Star is red again...not surprised.

Mike

Glad to hear.:thumb:

As for On Star, mine went Red and stayed red and I never bothered to have it fixed. Besides, it matches the interior lighting.:trash:

Ben:addict:

Aronis
May 8th, 2006, 20:43
Yes, I left mine red for two years (died a week after I got the car, but the phone part worked fine......) They INSISTED on fixing it.....changed the Module, but never called in the ESN number......it's back to Normal as far as I am concerned......

:dance: :dance:

Mike

BBGT2
May 9th, 2006, 01:06
Originally posted by Benman
Glad to hear.:thumb:

As for On Star, mine went Red and stayed red and I never bothered to have it fixed. Besides, it matches the interior lighting.:trash:

Ben:addict:

I fixed mine permanently :D
I disconnected the whole Onstar module.

Bajo

Aronis
May 9th, 2006, 01:38
Really?

Was it more than just a bad battery?

Mine went red week 2...but otherwise worked fine, it was just if I was in a bad enough accident that the main battery got disconnected my onstar would no longer work! Of course such an accident would probably kill all those in the car too.

Anyway, I am just very very pissed at Audi over this BS....

Mike

AndyBG
May 9th, 2006, 01:38
Originally posted by Bajors6
I fixed mine permanently :D
I disconnected the whole Onstar module.

:hihi:

Why am i not suprised to hear that.

That is so ''are way'' of solving problems. :thumb:

BBGT2
May 9th, 2006, 03:10
Originally posted by AndyBG
:hihi:

Why am i not suprised to hear that.

That is so ''are way'' of solving problems. :thumb:

I had to in order to get my BT module to work with the RNS-e.
But have to agree with "our way" of fixing things, :D .

Mike I am happy for you to get a dealer to actually put in writing that the car isnt right. Hope they do the job correctly at that dealer.

Bajo:addict:

JAXRS6
May 10th, 2006, 03:24
Congrats on finding a dealer whose reaction makes sense, Mike!:D And closer to boot!:applause:

FYI my OnStar has been green and working fine since March of last year, when AOA came up with its "permanent" fix. Before that I had replaced/recharged battery, had it reset, etc., at least 7-8 times. Please ask what happened to yours & share answer here. TIA:thumb:

Paldi
May 10th, 2006, 04:59
I have a good feeling about this. Just in time for spring.:applause:

Aronis
May 10th, 2006, 11:56
I tried to tell them about the "New Model" of the module but THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. They replaced the module with a 'normal' part which of course DOES NOT WORK...SURPRISE.

THEY DON"T LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER.

I DON"T want the ON-Star 'Fixed" as it works fine as "Broken."

Audi DOES NOT LISTEN. GET IT. Audi's service SUCKS.

We will see if Cicero can fix my car...I don't have much faith.

Mike

Originally posted by JAXRS6
Congrats on finding a dealer whose reaction makes sense, Mike!:D And closer to boot!:applause:

FYI my OnStar has been green and working fine since March of last year, when AOA came up with its "permanent" fix. Before that I had replaced/recharged battery, had it reset, etc., at least 7-8 times. Please ask what happened to yours & share answer here. TIA:thumb:

JAXRS6
May 10th, 2006, 23:41
Originally posted by Aronis
I tried to tell them about the "New Model" of the module but THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. They replaced the module with a 'normal' part which of course DOES NOT WORK...SURPRISE.

THEY DON"T LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER.

I DON"T want the ON-Star 'Fixed" as it works fine as "Broken."

Audi DOES NOT LISTEN. GET IT. Audi's service SUCKS.

We will see if Cicero can fix my car...I don't have much faith.

Best of luck. I've had considerable shop time, too, but had better experiences than you I guess. Like the dealer tech who spent 10 hours trying to diagnose a rattle (which turned out to be DRC valve but the problem was new then), and being granted a factory warranty extension.

One dealer in Atlanta may have failed to disclose a bad torque converter to me, not wanting me to get hung up there on Thanksgiving as I made my way to SW Florida. Other than that, most of my complaints are directed towards quality and communication issues in Germany.

Aronis
May 10th, 2006, 23:47
Originally posted by JAXRS6
, most of my complaints are directed towards quality and communication issues in Germany.

B. I. N. G. O.

Communication.

Not Good At Audi.

Mike

Paldi
May 11th, 2006, 13:43
Mike, tell the guy you are speaking to in Service that you have reviewed his X-ray and you are sorry but the diagnosis is terminal - unless you operate on his scull immediately. There's obviously a blockaage behind each ear. :D

SoCal
May 12th, 2006, 08:47
Good luck in Cicero, Mike.

As for OnStar, I never use it. But I did have it fixed when the light turned red within the first 6 months back when the car was nearly new. I left it that ay for awhile. Then, the mechanic at my dealer mentioned the OnStar battery-drain problem that many of the RS6s experienced. He changed both the battery and the part in the OnStar unit that was causing the battery to prematurely drain. I've never had a problem with it since -- always green. They even gave me another 30 mintues of free air time for the "phone", but I never used it. Probably never will.