PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Tomorrow (2.0)

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:07
Well, got back from the Streets of Tomorrow Event that Audi has going round the country and I have to say, very first class. I know some may have been disapointed, but all and all a very high end experience with all the employess very friendly and (for the most part) informative. I think sometimes we take these forums forgranted and do not realize that often, we know as much (if not more) than the official employess that directly work for Audi.

Pulled up to the building (Pacific Design Center) and went in to "register" the Mrs and I. Before we could even enter we were greeted with these incredible tasting Banana rolls, awesome flavor, and gourmet cookies. Ran into a friend from a track day (with new and improved cleaned passenger seat;) :D ) and got to meet his son and wife.

After finishing the registration, we were encouraged to hange out in the Lounge where food was being served (all free of charge of course). The event was catered by Wolfgang Puck Catering Service and lived up to the name. After some breakfast, the Mrs went for the long awaited Q7 test drive! She loved it! The car handled very well for such a big pig, and had a great turning radious to boot. It took her a few minutes to get a "feel" for the back up camera and "lane guides" but by the time she was done, she was in love with that feature as well. Not to mention the Side Assist feature.

Getting back we decided to go for a spin in a fully decked out A8. Very nice car, but I got to admit, its not that much nicer than the Q7. The Q7 is really that nice (for an SUV:trash: :D ). Back again, and again over to the Wolfgang Puck catered lounge (now they're serving lunch:hahahehe: :D ). Again great food and even better desert! And those smoothies!:heart:

Now time for the RS 4 ride (no driving of course:( ). Having already been for a drive in the RS 4 while in Germany last year, it was great to be back in the Mini Beast (but would have been better to finally be behind the wheel!:( ). Still, nice to be just in the car at all, unlike the S8 which we couldn't even ride in.:cry:

I came away really impressed overall with the "Streets of Tomorrow" experience. Very classy, high end without coming off as "stuck up". Great job AOA!:thumb: :applause:

Some pics to follow...

Ben:addict:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:23
Pacific Design Center:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:27
The day was full of little touches. Take the wrist bands for example. It would have been much cheaper for Audi to just use normal red bands, but nooo... they actually had "Audi" bands made up for the event!:thumb: :

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:28
For me... the STAR of the show!:heart: And of course, in Daytona Grey!:heart: :heart:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:29
And that Lambo engine!:heart:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:30
Not to mention the Wet Yourself Interior!:cry: So beautiful it hurt...

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:32
A very nice touch to have Champion Audi's AMLS winning R8 there!:thumb:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:34
The exceptional Lounge where Wolfgangs people were serving food to make a grown man cry!:cry:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:36
The outside of the Lounge where they had some more Q7 Premiums parked with USABLE luggage racks installed! Plan on picking up that rack for the Mrs.:thumb: But one disappointing thing... No Q7s with the Tamo wood trim!!! :( So I still have yet to see the tamo in real life. maybe a good thing...

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:37
Twin Beasts emerge from the Line Up.:D

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:40
LOVED the Daytona one...:hahahehe:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:42
The one we went for a ride in (a tad flashy for my taste, but still sweet:thumb: ):

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 03:44
And... a Mugello Blue one... There was a fourth RS 4 for the event, but it seems it had some ill luck with a valet driver...:( , needless to say, because of some valets reckless driving, the waiting lines for the RS 4s increased!:vgrumpy:

Again, all in all a fantastic experience. First class all the way! Great job AOA (side note, I hope AOA sees this thread, they should hear when they do a great job, not just bad news!), its great to see them do something so right! Now, lets all hope their customer service is this good in the future!:applause:

rheudabaga
May 8th, 2006, 04:33
Benman...here in chicago the little 7.6 second ride in the mini-beast was simply off-the-hook. Basically this german ex-rally driver fish-tailed me and my completely freaked (in a good way!) 5 year-old daughter around this small oval. It was really freaking violent, yet totally controlled. I did not know that a car could do what that one did. I'm serious.

The videos I've seen online just can't do the sheer ferocity of that machine justice.

Anyhow...about that Q7 :cool2: she was nice also....

And yes, I agree, AoA out-did themselves with this event. The logistics must have been outrageous, but they pulled it off and I think it will totally be worth it for them, in terms of marketing dollars.

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 05:14
Originally posted by rheudabaga
I did not know that a car could do what that one did. I'm serious.

The videos I've seen online just can't do the sheer ferocity of that machine justice.

And yes, I agree, AoA out-did themselves with this event. The logistics must have been outrageous, but they pulled it off and I think it will totally be worth it for them, in terms of marketing dollars.
rheudabaga:cheers: ,

Aren't those :rs4addict insane?:thumb: In LA we didn't get the "rally" treatment as it was more city driving, and of course, Murphy's Law, the Sheriff's HEADQUARTERS are the building right next door!!!:doh:

Q7, Mrs was extremely impressed. Had that Audi "feel" she's come to love in the RS 6. No, certainly not nearly as sporty as the Beast, but a lot firmer than your mainstream SUV and great steering feel. Still impresed by the incredible tight turning radious of that thing. Very nimble for such a big thing. Certainly could run cirlces around my ol' Suburban 4x4! LOL!:D

Yep, major Kudos to AOA, they must have spent bucko bucks, but in the end it will be worth it. There were several people who couldn't have cared less about the Q7 but once there, were actually asking questions about it. One guy was asking me info about the S Line. After a few minutes of talking with him, he was considering a purchase and he wasn't even in the market for a Q7 when the day had begun!:D

If they can get close to a 10% return on those who came and those who will pace an order/tell friends, they'll get all their $$$ back and then some!:thumb:

clam
May 8th, 2006, 10:59
Originally posted by Benman
The outside of the Lounge where they had some more Q7 Premiums parked with USABLE luggage racks installed! Plan on picking up that rack for the Mrs.:thumb:

Usable as long as you're playing in the NBA. If not, you'll need to pack a ladder. And you can't put it on the roof, b/c you'd need a second ladder to get the first one down.

:bye2:

Erik
May 8th, 2006, 11:55
Thanks for a nice story! :0:

gjg
May 8th, 2006, 14:58
Benman, there is no Daytona Gray orderable on this side of the pond - is it called DG or somehting else?

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 16:31
Originally posted by clam
Usable as long as you're playing in the NBA. If not, you'll need to pack a ladder. And you can't put it on the roof, b/c you'd need a second ladder to get the first one down.

:bye2:
LOL!!!:applause:

I may only be 5'10", but my last name is "Clymer" after all...:hahahehe: so I'm pretty limber.:p

George, really? Here, its the WQB package with the 6Y6Y color code (Daytona Grey). I really don't see how its possible that we'd get ANYTHING that our European friends wouldn't. Maybe try contacting Audi AG? Let me know...:cheers:

Audihead
May 8th, 2006, 19:55
Originally posted by rheudabaga
Benman...here in chicago the little 7.6 second ride in the mini-beast was simply off-the-hook. Basically this german ex-rally driver fish-tailed me and my completely freaked (in a good way!) 5 year-old daughter around this small oval. It was really freaking violent, yet totally controlled. I did not know that a car could do what that one did. I'm serious.

I agree. Chi-Town was off the hook. The RS4 rides were fun. We snuck 2 of them. One with the regular guy, then one with the Professional "Oliver". That was one fun little jaunt. Can't wait any more, I want my car now!!!!!!!!:D :rs4addict

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 20:08
Originally posted by Audihead
I agree. Chi-Town was off the hook. The RS4 rides were fun. We snuck 2 of them. One with the regular guy, then one with the Professional "Oliver". That was one fun little jaunt. Can't wait any more, I want my car now!!!!!!!!:D :rs4addict

Hang in Aaron...hang in there...:thumb: