PDA

View Full Version : Advice about bucket seats for purchase!

Boston^G
May 7th, 2006, 20:25
Hello to everyone! I am a new italian user.

This is for those who have or have tried bucket seats on the new RS4.

I read all the posts about these seats but i am still confused. Some write that they are comfy but hard to get in and out. others say they are absolutelly uncomfortable.
Are they just a little uncomfortable or is it impossible to sit in them?

I have tried the standard recaro in Italy. They are very comfortable and their dimensions are perfect for me. Are the bucket seats as wide? If regulated can they become as wide as the standard seats (in Italy the standard seats are recaro sport not bucket)?

I'm big but I don't think Audi would make such great looking seats that can't be used by everybody. I asked for a test drive with the bucket seats , but I'm waiting for an answer before I purchase the car.

Which leather is better? Valcona or nappa? In Italy bucket seats are only in valcona without extra pricing.

Is it true that in Germany you can get carbo-ceramic brakes for 5900 €? We don't have this option and not even titanium wheels.

Please give me all the info possible on the seats! They are characteristical of the RS4.. It's not the same without them!

Thanks to everyone. :rs4addict

AndyBG
May 7th, 2006, 23:47
IMO, you MUST get those seats, without them RS 4 isn't RS 4.

:rs4addict :bye:

jasaretta
May 8th, 2006, 00:10
Boston

I have to agree - the seats ar fantastic even though I only tried them at the motor show. But for me they are such a great piece of the car.

I think you have to get the seats!

Any small inconveniences you will learn to overcome ;)

jas

tailpipe
May 8th, 2006, 10:49
Hi,

BTW welcome to the board!

I have tried both seat types and frankly i prefer the standard Recaro sports seats to the bucket seats. They are more comfortable although they do not hold you as firmly.

If you are a large person with a broad back and large bottom, you will have a problem getting comfortable in the sports buckets. I urge you to try them before buying a car with them in.

IulianUM
May 8th, 2006, 19:44
Hy Boston^G .
I have the Recaro seats in my S4 and are more comfortable and more adjustable than the Buckets , but , for me , the "racing" feeling is part of this car and they are very good . So I go for the Buckets.
But is up to your taste .

In an English Rs4 brochure is marked as:
Ceramic brakes. Lightweight ventilated ceramic brakes for front wheels with 6-piston monobloc aluminium callipers at front.
Basic £3,604.26 Inc Vat £4,235.00
Anyone knows the size of the brakes , only for the front? Are they better than standard or just for the track? :confused:

Enjoy the forum :rs4addict

vasbli
May 9th, 2006, 09:28
Hi I ordered my RS4 Avant yesterday (im a previous M5 E39 owner). I decided to go for Recaro seats as:
- original bucket seats are not 100% electrical
- Visibility for rear passenger seats is not very good
- it allows you to go for electrical memory mirrors
- I ordered the 19" tyres which is not good for confort

Cheers

Boston^G
May 15th, 2006, 23:02
Each other?

Benman
May 15th, 2006, 23:12
Get the sport seats. Spent about two hours in them and they were fantastic! I'm not sure how'd they feel after a 15 hour drive, but then, how many of those are you going to do. Also, size matters!!! How big are you? Example: I'm 5'10" and 164lbs and they were snug on me. So if you're 6'2 and 220 or something, I'd opt for the regulars.

No experience with Valcona vs Nappa

Ben:addict:

Boston^G
May 16th, 2006, 18:08
I'm 1,77 m but over 110 kg

Benman
May 16th, 2006, 18:26
Originally posted by Boston^G
I'm 1,77 m but over 110 kg

Ok, don't get the sport seats. Repeat, don't get the sport seats!:D :thumb:

Ben:addict:

Boston^G
May 16th, 2006, 18:28
I think the same!!! thx

MR USER
May 16th, 2006, 18:39
Depending on where you live in italy I can show you how my bucket seats are...

I strongly raccomend them unless yo have a big ass like mine (its very tight after a while!!!)

I will be in Milano this weekend

let me know if you want to have a look at it or not!!

PS

I'm 180 and 98kg, and my fatass still fits!!!

MR USER
May 16th, 2006, 18:44
About the brakes they do not come as a standard optional but you can get that and the Titanium package if you want by asking Quattro GMBH to personalise your car. Downside is that waiting will be much longer. I did not take ceramic brakes as I have no intention whatsoever of going to the track with my car!!! Don't get me wrong I love driving on tracks but not with my car!!! for that there is Audi Driving Experience... already booked my private course on the Nordschleife... of course with the RS4. this way I have the fun and I keep my car intact! :hahahehe:

Boston^G
May 16th, 2006, 19:26
You're 1,80m and 98kg... I'm 1,77 and over 110kg!! So what should I say! I'm not far from Milano but I can't make it this weekend..Thank you very much. The ceramic brake/titanium wheels package are not an option in Italy..only in germany you can order them (see on audi.de) and even other options. I hope to try them but I spoke to an Audi rep and they say they don't have one to try. Isn't that incredible? If you could go back in time would you get the sport seats again?? Are they really tight even if regulated to max? Would you measure your seats' bottom and back width for me please? Thanks again!

IulianUM
May 17th, 2006, 01:17
Here in Spain the dealer just received the new options las friday , with the Avant brochure.

In the options were at last the ceramic brakes and the Titanium wheels , so ask Audi.

MR USER
May 17th, 2006, 06:41
Where do you live Boston?

I think that if you do not activate the sport seat function (tightens when you push the S button) you should be ok. It gets very tight when you drive for long jurneys (more than 3 hours)

I have seen it without the bucket seats and is not as nice...

Boston^G
May 17th, 2006, 14:28
I live in Bologna. I also think the normal seats are not as nice looking, but I can't even immagine getting the buckets and not using the S button!!! It would be impossibile for me... I heard that you can use the S button and block the inflating function on the seats..is it true? Let me know if you ever come here! Thx

Boston^G
June 2nd, 2006, 21:20
I have order my car :
Recaro seats with nappa and grey border
Daytona Grey
SS plus
19" with pirelli P Zero Corsa
Nav plus
Tv tuner
normal wheel
rear airbag
mirror Rs look
Black sky
automatic opening of rear coffin
freezer
and more other.....

Boston^G
I have order my car :
Daytona Grey
SS plus
Nav plus
Tv tuner
normal wheel
rear airbag
mirror Rs look
Black sky
freezer
and more other.....

Boston^G
I have order my car :
Daytona Grey
SS plus
Nav plus
Tv tuner
normal wheel
rear airbag
mirror Rs look
Black sky
freezer
and more other.....

tailpipe
June 3rd, 2006, 11:46
Boston,

I'm English but my wife is Italian, from Genoa. We go to Bolgna a lot, so if you see an RS4 Avant in Sprint Blue with UK plates it'll be me! But not until December when we'll go there for Christmas.

Key specs are:

Sprint blue Avant
19" wheels
Standard suspension
Sat Nav + TV
Bluetooth phone in centrearmrest
Bose sound system
Recaro seats not buckets
Sun roof

Boston^G
June 3rd, 2006, 14:54
For members that have bucket seats:
Are they really tight even if regulated to max? Would you measure your seats' bottom and back width for me please? Thanks again!

(for moderator : can u delete double msg from this 3d please?)