PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.0 TDI or 3.0 TDI Quattro?

djinn
May 7th, 2006, 16:35
Which car do you prefer? I'm thinking of buying one of these cars. If anyone has tested these cars please share your experiences. Thanx.

Ruergard
May 7th, 2006, 18:08
For such an big car I would go for the 3.0. I think it's the enginge you will be most satisfied with.

But the only way to find out is to take a little trip to your Audi salesman and go for a try! :)

roadrunner
May 7th, 2006, 18:23
If money is NOT the key factor - go for the 3.0 TDI quattro. It is in another world performancewise (quattro and 93 ponnies more than the 2.0)

The 2.0 TDI is a fine engine, but the A6 is of course not the lightests. It should be sufficient to get from A to B.

Greets
Seb.

eazy
May 7th, 2006, 22:31
What is important for you?
The price? quattro? manual or tiptronic?

There are many variations you can choose.

In Germany the difference between the 2.0 and the 3.0 is about 10k.
The 2.0 isn't available as quattro.
And we have the additional choice of an 2.7 TDI with 180 hp.

So, give us more details that we can help you.

greetings

eazy

AndyBG
May 7th, 2006, 23:59
There is HUGE diference between these cars, maybe its best for you to settle in the midle with A6 2.7 TDI.

Where you are planing to use that car mostly (open roads or city) and amount of money that you can spent are going to decide for them self.

:bye:

djinn
May 8th, 2006, 17:37
I know there is huge difference btw both cars but accually money is the key factor. There is 40 000 euros price difference btw 2.0 and 3.0 Quattro. I'll drive the car both in city and highway. Audi is not selling the 2.7 TDI in Turkey. I also want tiptronik. So what do you say? Is the 3.0 TDI quattro worth 100.000 euros?

54m
May 8th, 2006, 18:11
I would go for the 3.0 tdi it's twice as better than the 2.0 the 3.0tdi fast,confortable everyting you want from a 4door saloon also it's great with fuel depending on how you drive your car and depending on your price range.Good luck:thumb:

Sam

Leadfoot
May 8th, 2006, 19:07
The 2.0d is a great car and in the niece's A3 it's got plenty of go, but in a A6 the weight is telling on the performance. Believe it or not the two engines behave the same in the way they produce their power, apart from the fact the 3.0d feel twice as powerful, both pull well off boost, a thing only the BMW and Merc do.

I don't know if the europe or the U.S. give the option of multitronic with the 3.0d, the U.K. doesn't but if it's an option where you are, don't go for it. Because if you ever want to chip it the multitronic won't take the torque increase, go for tiptronic. Also tiptronic kill what little performance the 2.0d has, so if price is a factor go for the 2.0d but without the auto.

Another thing the 3.0d isn't a rep mobile which you can't say about the 2.0d and also it's more fitting the class of car the A6 is.

Unless the price is to much of a pill to swallow go for the 3.0d, it would be my choice.

What do you drive a the moment?
If it equal to the 2.0d you'll be happy and you'll get great mpg, if more like the 3.0d you'll hate it and will use the right foot to much and mileage will suffer.

AndyBG
May 8th, 2006, 21:46
I say, 2.0 TDI with S-line, Multitronic and all other goodies.

eazy
May 8th, 2006, 21:50
Originally posted by djinn
I know there is huge difference btw both cars but accually money is the key factor. There is 40 000 euros price difference btw 2.0 and 3.0 Quattro. I'll drive the car both in city and highway. Audi is not selling the 2.7 TDI in Turkey. I also want tiptronik. So what do you say? Is the 3.0 TDI quattro worth 100.000 euros?
100.000 Euros? Are you kidding?

In Germany the 3.0 TDI quattro costs 45.000 Euros, an S6 starts at 80.000 and an S8 will start at 98.000 Euros.
Damn, thats really high prices :doh:

djinn
May 8th, 2006, 22:33
I drove A6 1.9 TDI multitronik S-line for 2 years(what a stiff car ). It was a nice car. Indeed the engine was not enough powerful. I sold it a few monts ago. So I don't think 2.0 TDI satisfies me but I should think on that. By the way the price of higher engine volume cars are so high because of the taxes. For example The price of A8 3.0 TDI is 130.000 euros :D Thax for the advises.

AndyBG
May 9th, 2006, 00:16
Originally posted by AndyBG
I say, 2.0 TDI with S-line, Multitronic and all other goodies.

To ''improve'' my post,

i say 2.0 TDI with S-line, multitronic, :revs: some good chip :D and all other goodies.:bye: