PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the car - few questions

RS6bird
May 5th, 2006, 21:54
Hi guys,

I've finally gotten the car delivered (RS6 Avant - I posted the dealer pics before) - just saw it today for the first time!! It really is in excellent shape and will get license plates next week so I can start using it. I'll post more pics when I get a chance.

I have a few questions though:
1. The dealer could not locate the 4 digit radio code (the car has the Navi-plus thing), so asked me to provide him with the 8 digit code on the back of the radio. Is taking the radio out (I imagine the whole navigation system will pop out) hard and time consuming? I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer, correct?
2. The dash is all in german, as is the Navigation. How do I change langauges (to Spanish, preferably)? I imagine that the Navigation will change once I buy the Audi DVD for Spain, right?

Thanks for your help!!
RS6Bird

AndyBG
May 6th, 2006, 01:03
I THINK, if you want to see that 8 digit code your dealer is going to take out NAV unit, I THINK!

Converting the cars lenguage is possible, but I THINK you are going to convert it into english. Not sure about spanish.

I am not 100% sure on this info's, but...

:bye:

Vegasguy
May 6th, 2006, 01:58
I would drive it to your dealer, have them fix it and bill the other dealer.

If that is not an option have dealer one send you the tools and walk you through the removal and S/N check. I'm surprised you can't pull the code from the digital display like you can so many other cars.

Good luck,
Pete

BBGT2
May 6th, 2006, 02:47
Congrats on the car.
You will have to have the RNS-e (nav+ thing) pulled out and its a piece of cake but you will need the 4 removal tools in order to do so, then you can get the serial number of the unit, Audi should be able to get you the code after that.
As far as I know they do have different lanuage options as I by accident switched mine to French so there will be a Spanish one for sure as I think I have seen it. Once you get the unlock code you will see the choices for the language as I cant remember how I did mine.

Bajo:addict:

RS6bird
May 6th, 2006, 08:54
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll be getting the car next week and will take it to a dealer asap, so it is perfect for daily use. I'll keep you posted on the language and 8 digit code...let's see how much the dealer is going to charge me. I'd like to see if they can bill the other german Audi dealer, but I think that is wishful thinking :)

RSbird

Vegasguy
May 6th, 2006, 20:11
BTW, normal procedure when you take it in for something like this is that they check for proof of ownership. Have title and/or paperwork along with you.

Pete

nene
May 7th, 2006, 02:47
Most folks forget where the radio code card is.
If you look in the manul leather book, there you will find a booklet for the Radio. The cover has a folded page attached to it, which usually has the radio code card on the corner. See if you can check and find if it is still there.

I just sold my old Symphony II radio to a fellow in the USA, after upgrading to the RNS-E, and sent him the Symphony II booklet, which contained the radio code.

Good luck, and enjoy the car. Congratulations.

RS6bird
May 7th, 2006, 09:45
Thanks for the tips - they are appreciated. I will get the car this Thursday and plan to take it to Audi on Friday. I spent yesterday cleaning the car a little, but it really didn't need much, the car really does look new (as it should with only 7k miles!). I looked everywhere for the manual or any sign of a code, but to no avail. I also found out that I couldn't change the language until I get the code because the Navigation is blocked until the code is inserted. It'll have to wait for Friday... All I did was fill the car up (100 Euros, or $125 - ouch, I miss the US) and drive her around the block, as I don't have insurance yet...need the plates for that. I'll keep you guys posted on how the whole thing turns out.

RS6bird

ott
May 7th, 2006, 15:28
Navi language can be changed by user, but car's own computer language has to be changed at the dealer. Not sure what languages are possible, I asked to change mine from German to English.

RS6bird
May 7th, 2006, 16:24
Thanks ott, that's some more valid info...I guess it just means I'd have to take the car to the dealer anyway!

RS6bird