PDA

View Full Version : No "Bling Bling" for Q7s

Benman
May 5th, 2006, 21:00
Well, at least according to this thread!

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2594252

I say good! We don't need to see the Q7 "rolling" on 24"s...:rolleyes:

Ben:addict:

steffenr
May 5th, 2006, 22:16
I think i have seen some german tuners, who has put 21 and/or 22" on the q7 but not bigger as writen, but it's fine with me it looks great, some 20" BBS LM on a black Q7:love:

gjg
May 5th, 2006, 22:19
wonder what happens when you get stock 20" and you would want to use 18" winter ....

Benman
May 5th, 2006, 22:32
Originally posted by gjg
wonder what happens when you get stock 20" and you would want to use 18" winter ....

Good question...:eye: :vhmmm: I think it wouldn't be a problem as the ones who get 18"s (maybe) have a less beefy set up than the cars that come factory with 20"s (the 20's will have a heavier wheel/tire combo, so maybe heavier duty suspension???).

I still think this is just hype until Audi announces formally otherwise...

Leadfoot
May 6th, 2006, 00:49
Ben,

If you really want the 24" alloys give Billy Idol a ring he and his saw did a great job on the Lambo, I am sure he would be up for it.:hahahehe:

Remember to take some photos for the rest of us.:0:

No joking a side. In the UK you can order the S-line with 21" versions of the RS4 rim upgrade costing £750, I can't believe the US cars would be different apart from the fact you lot drive on the wrong side of the road.

Benman
May 6th, 2006, 00:57
Originally posted by Leadfoot

No joking a side. In the UK you can order the S-line with 21" versions of the RS4 rim upgrade costing £750, I can't believe the US cars would be different apart from the fact you lot drive on the wrong side of the road.
:D

I like the way the UK 21"s look but am plenty happy with the 20" S Lines for the US. Remember, I actually plan on doing occassional off road and snowy mountain driving, so no rap video stuff for this kid.;) :D When the Mrs' Q7 finally arrives, I'll post pics.

AndyBG
May 6th, 2006, 01:43
Originally posted by Benman
... I actually plan on doing occassional off road and snowy mountain driving...

:lovl: :lovl: :lovl:

Yeah, wright, i am sure you are going to take place in the next years ''Camel trophy'' or some other ''off-road'' chalenge with Q7 on 20''s...:hihi:

Ok, i am making litle jokes here, but as i said earlier, i need to see pic's so i can belive in those ''exibitions''.

I still think that Q7, as any other modern SUV is useles on any other terain than streets, roads...

I hope that you going to ''convert'' my opinion on that one. :0:

Benman
May 6th, 2006, 05:03
Originally posted by AndyBG
:lovl: :lovl: :lovl:
Yeah, wright, i am sure you are going to take place in the next years ''Camel trophy'' or some other ''off-road'' chalenge with Q7 on 20''s...:hihi:

I still think that Q7, as any other modern SUV is useles on any other terain than streets, roads...

I hope that you going to ''convert'' my opinion on that one. :0:
:applause: :applause: LOL!!!:thumb:

I shall make you eat those words good Sir...;) :thumb:

AndyBG
May 6th, 2006, 12:47
I am waiting! :0:

:bye:

Leadfoot
May 6th, 2006, 22:19
Ben,

On the test drive that I had in one, the saleman told me it will go anywhere a Land Rover will, so I really tested it to the full and we did a little off-roading, yes we mounted a kerb, all 8" of it, just made it. So you will have no problem in the snow, just go for it. :vhmmm:

But remember to take some hot soup just in case you get stuck.:0:

gjg
May 6th, 2006, 23:57
Leadfoot, there is a difference between Audi and Land Rover - with Audi you do not need another one in garage for spare parts ......:applause:

AndyBG
May 7th, 2006, 03:00
Originally posted by gjg
Leadfoot, there is a difference between Audi and Land Rover - with Audi you do not need another one in garage for spare parts ......:applause:

:hihi:

Good one.:0::hihi:

Benman
May 7th, 2006, 06:39
Originally posted by gjg

LOL!!!:applause: :applause:

Leadfoot
May 7th, 2006, 07:53
Originally posted by gjg

Guys, good one. But you have to remember the only reason to needs all this spare parts is BMW use to own them.:hihi:

gjg
May 7th, 2006, 11:55
with all due respect, this existed before BMW participation .... with them just got worse ..... :harass:

Leadfoot
May 7th, 2006, 12:39
Gig,

Yes I know, but I always like to get a dig at BMW when ever possible. Anyway that reminds me, after owning the the company with the best off-road 4 wheel drive system, all they could come up with was X-Drive, sad isn't it.:doh:

This will bring up the old arguement between Quattro and X-drive, and to tell the true who cares.

All these cars will ever see of off-road are the odd grass bank at the side of a lane, when two cars can't pass side by side.

Benman
May 7th, 2006, 16:31

All these cars will ever see of off-road are the odd grass bank at the side of a lane, when two cars can't pass side by side.
And I will make you eat those words too good Sir...:thumb:

Leadfoot
May 7th, 2006, 16:56
Originally posted by Benman
And I will make you eat those words too good Sir...:thumb:

Ben, it was a little joke.:0:

Anyway I've been in the States on holiday, a narrow lane to you lot is a four lane highway. :hahahehe:

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 02:42
Ben, it was a little joke.:0:

I know... hence the smiley I used.;) :thumb: