PDA

View Full Version : RS6 For Sale (US)

bhuff
March 17th, 2003, 18:26
I'm just looking for a little feedback here. My dealership has opted for the RS6 and we are getting one car that has been allocated and is in the factory order bank. We're tring to decide wether to sell the car for over sticker or not to help compensate for some of the costs that Audi charged us to get this one car. Has anyone come accross dealers charging over sticker for these? If so how much are they getting? I don't want to piss off anyone local that might want the car but at the same time Audi charged us over 10 grand just to get this one car.

Benman
March 17th, 2003, 20:29
Originally posted by bhuff
I'm just looking for a little feedback here. My dealership has opted for the RS6 and we are getting one car that has been allocated and is in the factory order bank. We're tring to decide wether to sell the car for over sticker or not to help compensate for some of the costs that Audi charged us to get this one car. Has anyone come accross dealers charging over sticker for these? If so how much are they getting? I don't want to piss off anyone local that might want the car but at the same time Audi charged us over 10 grand just to get this one car.

bhuff,

the area of the dealer you work at would help. yes, i have seen
A LOT of dealers marking up the price of this car to well over
sticker. for obvious reasons i won't name them but most of the
dealers who are asking over sticker are charging a $10,000.00
- $20,000.00 premium. i assume their reason for this is that
other dealers (i.e. bmw) mark their high performance cars up
as well. just 2 weeks ago i saw one bmw dealer asking
$10,000.00 over sticker for an M5 and that cars been out for
YEARS!!!!

however, if you don't want to mark up the vehicle (like my
dealer) than you have every right to ask for a down payment
to cover the dealers expenses. to ask for a $5,000.00 -
$10,000.00 would certainly not be out of the question to
guaranty that you will get the car at sticker price. after all,
if a potential buyer can't afford that down payment than he's
not really in a position to buy a $80,000.00+ car in the first
place. :cheers:

:addict:
ben
BIG RS6 NUT

bhuff
March 17th, 2003, 21:01
I saw some guy trying to sell his spot on a waiting list for the car today!!! If some yahoo can sell a spot that's not even guaranteed a car I should be able to sell an actual car!!! If we had a good local customer we probably wouldn't mark it up to much but if I somone in California or something wants it we might as well get all we can. I was thinking of putting it on E-bay. I thought that might be interesting.

Benman
March 17th, 2003, 21:09
just be carefull with putting the car up on ebay. you may find
that audi north america frowns upon their dealers doing such
things like auctioning cars off. otherwise why have a dealer at
all when audi of north america could auction the cars
themselves. ( a induvidual is not restricted by agreements with
the car manufactures like dealers may be):cheers:

turbo2z
March 20th, 2003, 04:40
I don't think having the mind set that being allocated one RS6 and charging over MSRP will make all the money spent, come back. There is a $63,000US outlay for a service assist car, tools, shop equiptment, training and some other misc. things. Unless you are going to totally double the cost of the car I wouldn't bother. Not all dealers in the US are going to be RS6 dealers. Actually about 60% will be from what I heard. Audi frowns upon dealers asking more the MSRP, but I'w sure everyone know that!! LOL :deal:

BBGT2
March 20th, 2003, 16:10
Last year when I placed my name on the list I was talking to my
dealer and he wasnt certain at the time if he was going to get ANY, because he said Audi would have to get them at least 5 cars to make it feasible for them to cover the cost of back up supplies needed to service them cars (as Turbo z said). But due to their sales history (my audi dealer) they were allotted a total of 9 cars for their location and 5 for their other location as far as I know they are the only 2 dealers in Chicagoland getting these cars.
As far as price I cant be exact because I havent asked him yet but already placed mine on order (call me silly I dont care) but it will be in the neighborhood of 90K with all options that I ordered which are, sport ehxaust, and carbon fibre dash inlays.
Just my .02 cents.

Bajo :addict:

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 00:14
and let's not forgot about how the customer feel's about
mark up on a vehicle:mad: the reason most of us made sure
we had dealers with no mark up:cheers:

Plexus
March 28th, 2003, 22:33
In the UK it is against dealership rules, set out by VAG, to mark up a car, so what happens is they sell the car to a friend, no money nudge nudge, and then mark it up as it is a sale or return! Or they run it as a demo for 3 months, claim the tax back and sell it at list price. Although I have seen a couple of saloons (sedans) go for a few grand less than list with little or no mileage. We are ahead of you by some months so beware the bubble will bust sooner or later!:addict:

Benman
March 29th, 2003, 00:00
Plexus,

thanks for the info. here in the U.S. it's a free for all when it
comes to how much a dealer will sell a car for. for example,
when the bmw Z8 came out it was a really hot car in demand.
so what dealers would do is literally have a bidding war between
customers. some dealers got more than $100,000.00 OVER
the sticker price. granted, this only happens on limited edition
cars but the point is: the hotter the car, the bigger the mark up.
:cheers:

ben :addict: