PDA

View Full Version : Audi Streets of Tommorow

BBGT2
April 29th, 2006, 14:03
I will be attending the hoopla next Sunday. Of course I will get some pics and impressions, cant wait to see, drive, be driven in the RS4 (almost typed RS6, wishful thinking :D ) Q7 and the S8.
This oughta be alot of fun.

Anyone else from the Chicagoland area going?

Bajo
:addict:

gregoryindiana
April 29th, 2006, 18:01
I'm on Vegas for a long weekend instead.

I've got the weekend free for the one in Miami; but do I have the cash for the hotel, etc. Lots different from a day trip to Chicago.

mmaturo
May 1st, 2006, 06:05
What time are you going on Sunday? I have a spot both days just in case I couldn't make one. But will be there Sunday afternoon (I can't remember if we did noon or 1 on Sunday) oddly with my ex wife as we both love Audi's

BBGT2
May 3rd, 2006, 17:36
I have a 9am time set up.
Hopefully will see you there, I dont know how long it last's, do you?

Bajo

Benman
May 3rd, 2006, 20:50
Originally posted by Bajors6
I have a 9am time set up.
Hopefully will see you there, I dont know how long it last's, do you?

Bajo

It lasts all day, but Audi says to schedule "about 2 hours to experience everything", whatever that means... Also, I'd advise you to arrive early as Audi has had a far better result than anticipated (i.e., long waits!).

Ben:addict:

BBGT2
May 3rd, 2006, 21:49
I surely will, although not a lot of people are gonna be up early Sunday I hope anyway.
Thanks for the tip Ben.

Bajo

Audihead
May 3rd, 2006, 22:11
I will be headed across the pond to check it out as well. Will be there Sat. & Sun. @ 1PM.:rs4addict

Benman
May 3rd, 2006, 22:32
I surely will, although not a lot of people are gonna be up early Sunday I hope anyway.
Thanks for the tip Ben.

Bajo

Yeah, someone mentioned it on audiworld, they got there 15 minutes before their "scheduled" time and they still had over an hour wait to drive!!! That is how much demand Audi is getting with these SOT events!

I'm down for Sunday as well (thought the same thing as you...less crowded). Needless to say, the Mrs and I will show up early.

Aaron, you're going to be there too? Cool, take some pics.:thumb:

mmaturo
May 3rd, 2006, 23:30
I'll be there around 11ish...not sure how to ever figure out who each other is but I'll be there with my beast...

Audihead
May 5th, 2006, 04:10
Originally posted by Benman

Aaron, you're going to be there too? Cool, take some pics.:thumb:

The lady will take some shots, she has a better eye than I do for these things.:0:

Audihead
May 5th, 2006, 04:11
Originally posted by mmaturo
I'll be there around 11ish...not sure how to ever figure out who each other is but I'll be there with my beast...

I will be taking a cab. Not going to try and park down there. Everyone will be wearing name tags. That should help. I will put Audihead on mine to help out.

BBGT2
May 5th, 2006, 12:03
Originally posted by Audihead
I Everyone will be wearing name tags. That should help. I will put Audihead on mine to help out.

Good idea, see you guys there.

Bajo:addict:

BBGT2
May 7th, 2006, 19:27
Well, been there done that. It was nice to go, best part was getting a ride in the RS4, what a hoot that thing is.
Still I wouldnt give up the RS6 for it though.
Thought we would get to hear the S8 run and drive but NO, limited production was there answer which was very lame.
I am howevere liking the S8 very much now as it looks REAL nice even timid looking. Anyway we stayed for around 90 minutes as there was nothing else to do after that. I did get to drive the Q7 which I must say was pleasant, and they did do a good job with it no doubt.
Ben, did you say you were getting the S Line? If so one of the Audi "guys" there said it aint gonna happen as its not on the horizon, oh well I belive you over him as I think most of them were just paid presenters for Audi with little knowledge.

AndyBG
May 7th, 2006, 23:49
So, Bajo, no chance for S8 to find its place in your ''fleet''.

How is Porsche doing?

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 01:48

Thought we would get to hear the S8 run and drive but NO, limited production was there answer which was very lame.

Ben, did you say you were getting the S Line? If so one of the Audi "guys" there said it aint gonna happen as its not on the horizon, oh well I belive you over him as I think most of them were just paid presenters for Audi with little knowledge.

Hey there Bajo!:thumb: ,

The S8 was :heart: :heart: ! yeah, a test ride would have been much better...:rolleyes:

Yeah, a lot of the Audi "guys" were just that, guys that Audi gave info to (and not a lot at that). Figures he didn't know about the S Line Q7... My bet, is that Audi "guy" probably thought you meant a S Q7 and therefore said, "No plans". Rest assured the Mrs Q7 S Line is ordered and confirmed (and she's super excited!:wo: ). Will do a full write up of the LA Event.:cheers:

BBGT2
May 8th, 2006, 03:23
Originally posted by AndyBG
So, Bajo, no chance for S8 to find its place in your ''fleet''.

How is Porsche doing?

I wouldnt say that :D . Just will probably wait until I actually hear one and drive one before I go in and jump into it. I really do like the car so luxurious and so stealthy and a V10 to boot.:)

The GT2 is doing great I actually drove that down to the Audi meet.

Pozdrav,

Bajo

BBGT2
May 8th, 2006, 03:26
Hey there Bajo!:thumb: ,

The S8 was :heart: :heart: ! yeah, a test ride would have been much better...:rolleyes:

Yeah, a lot of the Audi "guys" were just that, guys that Audi gave info to (and not a lot at that). Figures he didn't know about the S Line Q7... My bet, is that Audi "guy" probably thought you meant a S Q7 and therefore said, "No plans". Rest assured the Mrs Q7 S Line is ordered and confirmed (and she's super excited!:wo: ). Will do a full write up of the LA Event.:cheers:

That is what I figured as he was mentioning something about the S7 and that it wasnt planned yet blah blah blah/

I would have been happy just to hear that S8 run.
Man those RS4 they gave us a ride in were beat upon, that was fun and wish it was a longer course than the parking lot of Soldier Field.
Good luck with getting the Q7 ASAP, sweet ride she is. Love the sunshade on that HUGE moonroof.

Bajo

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 04:47

Good luck with getting the Q7 ASAP, sweet ride she is. Love the sunshade on that HUGE moonroof.

Bajo

Hoping for a September delivery of the Q7... Yep, the sunroof is B I G.

A review of the LA Event with pics...

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9041

Audihead
May 8th, 2006, 18:31
The event was pretty good. Sorry did not see any of you guys there. Did anyone get an RS4 ride on "cold tires" from "Oliver"? We were only supposed to get one try but we snuck two. Oliver is a professional driver, we got a nice "Swedish Flick at the end of the straight. The RS4 rotated it's ass out all the way around the far turn. Man that was a blast. I can totally see why they don't let people drive the RS4 and S8 or any of the really high-performance cars. Most of the people that were there are NOT trained in the slightest way to drive the way the rides were being given out. You would have seen 4 wadded up RS4's and one S8 on the back of a car hauler by then end of the weekend. The food and displays were nice. 2 hours was about all you needed, then you were done. A great excuse to go to Chicago.:D :rs4addict

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 19:07
I can totally see why they don't let people drive the RS4 and S8 or any of the really high-performance cars. Most of the people that were there are [B]NOT trained in the slightest way to drive the way the rides were being given out. You would have seen 4 wadded up RS4's...B]

You mean like the one wrecked RS 4 we had, courtesy valet parking attendants!:(

Audihead
May 8th, 2006, 21:19
You mean like the one wrecked RS 4 we had, courtesy valet parking attendants!:(

How bad was it? Did you see it?

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 21:30
How bad was it? Did you see it?
No, they kept it under lock and key once they found out. In fact, we (the consumers) were not even supposed to find out. One of the drivers though had some loose lips and informed his passenger what had happened, from that point it spread like wildfire and that's how I heard. I asked the other drivers if it was just a rumor and they were suprised I had found out (but they did confirm the story).

I did hear that the car was still totally driveable but at the same time, certainly not presentable.

Yep, Saturday there were 4 RS 4s, Sunday, only three...

AndyBG
May 8th, 2006, 21:44
Yep, Saturday there were 4 RS 4s, Sunday, only three...

Witch one was ''eliminated'', blue, grey, yellow or...?

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 22:53
Originally posted by AndyBG
Witch one was ''eliminated'', blue, grey, yellow or...?

Or...

Blue, Yellow and Grey were the ones that survived. They did not disclose the color of the wrecked one.:thumb:

s42ski
May 10th, 2006, 01:09
I thought I saw a dark green on Saturday - so maybe that was the one that got hit? - I got a ride in the yellow one - he gave me an extra long ride because my kids were thrilled with the sound of the engine - they get asking the driver to "floor it". So he had to find little places to allow for that and then to demonstrate the brakes.....

Benman
May 10th, 2006, 04:26
Originally posted by s42ski
I thought I saw a dark green on Saturday - so maybe that was the one that got hit? - I got a ride in the yellow one - he gave me an extra long ride because my kids were thrilled with the sound of the engine - they get asking the driver to "floor it". So he had to find little places to allow for that and then to demonstrate the brakes.....

Maybe that was the color. Got banged up Saturday night/Sunday morning so never saw it...

Yep, those brakes are as sweet as the engine...second thought, nope. The engine was sweeter.;) :thumb: