PDA

View Full Version : US Launch Cars are In Transit

sparkhill
April 26th, 2006, 17:34
Several of us have had our VIN numbers assigned and our cars statuses have changed to In Transit.

AudiWorld Link (http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/54.phtml)

nene
April 26th, 2006, 17:48
That is great news. So much for the rumored delay the kids on AW were all depressed about.

sparkhill
April 26th, 2006, 18:36
A delay is still possible. Right now, all delivery dates are showing as July 10. The dates have bounced all over the place so I am still hoping for June.

Audihead
April 27th, 2006, 02:37
Still the week of July 3rd for me as of yesterday.

snark
May 5th, 2006, 05:16
My delivery date now shows June 12th.

RXBG
May 5th, 2006, 13:44
cars won't be delivered till late may/june. ouch. better late than never.

Benman
May 5th, 2006, 14:59
Originally posted by RXBG
cars won't be delivered till late may/june. ouch. better late than never.
No, that is not. I posted nearly a YEAR ago, that per quattro GmbH, RS 4s would start to be delivered byTHE END OF SPRING! Last time I checked, Spring doesn't end till latter part of June. So... right on time...

Ben:addict:

RXBG
May 5th, 2006, 15:09
but several dealers and AOA and the RS4 chief development manager i met in geneva all told me US cars were expected BEFORE May. most likely by mid April. of course, this could be updated throughout the year so it wouldn't look so bad if the cars were delayed, which they were. March 21st is equinox- hence spring. june is NOT spring unless you are using a different calendar. in fact, summer is june 21st.

FYI- the S6 and S8 are delayed also.

Benman
May 5th, 2006, 16:15
june is NOT spring unless you are using a different calendar. in fact, summer is june 21st.

FYI- the S6 and S8 are delayed also.

My bad, my post should have read "Spring doesn't end until Late June."

June 21st is Summer, therefore if deliveries start June 20th (still spring), then right on time.

I think the Geneva people were telling customers what they wanted to hear. The folks at quattro GmbH that I spoke with however were actually telling it like it is (ones at quattro were actual workers as opposed to the ones at Geneva (sales personel).:cheers:

RXBG
May 5th, 2006, 16:36
actually ben, the only person i spoke to in geneva was one of the chief RS4 development engineers. one of the most frank and non-politicized people i've spoken to at audi.

as it is the car is a bit late from original projections but that is to be expected given the technology that is in it. i just hope that the S6 and S8 don't take too long for it won't bode well for the R8 if that happens.

Benman
May 5th, 2006, 16:41
actually ben, the only person i spoke to in geneva was one of the chief RS4 development engineers.

Well, that's good, at least he wasn't in sales!:0:

The ones I spoke to were the ones responsible for distribution. quattro GmbH is tiny. They were complaining (but in a nice way) that Audi had put a huge burden/pressure on them to deliver cars that they would simply not be able to build in time. Yeah, when Audi said Spring, everyone was expecting March/April/May... but it was just not possible. quattro has gone from 50 people...to 100 people (when I first visited), to 200 people (my last visit) to by this time next year, 400 people! A lot of growth and huge pressure to maintain quality.

Sure hope they can hang in their during the growing pains.:thumb:

Audihead
May 5th, 2006, 21:20
My dealer is waiting on an answer from AoA right now, for a real-time ETA. Not the one that is put in the computer systems. Should have some info next week.

Audihead
May 25th, 2006, 20:34
Have info now. ETA to port of Davisville MD 5/30. Preliminary ETA to dealer week of 6/16. As was said before, The cars are status 20, the first wave of cars is on the boat, and anyone that has an early order should be able to get their VIN now.

sparkhill
May 25th, 2006, 20:44
A number of the Launch Cars are on the ground and scheduled for release from port today.

k2
May 25th, 2006, 22:49
Hey Kirk,

Here is the info you requested. Your car arrived at the port 3 days ago. The system says it will be dealer delivered by the 29th of this month. The first one baby! They were to be held and delayed for whatever reason, but I just got off the phone with Audi and they say no delay. I'll test drive it for you.

Later,
Eric

VIN WUARU78E17N9000XX ... lets just say its one of the first 99
Order Status Port Stock (30) Status Date 05/22/2006
Requested Production Week 08/2006 02/20/2006 Demo In-Service
Assigned Production Week 12/2006 03/20/2006 Hold Information
Actual Production Week 12/2006 03/20/2006

Configuration
2005 Year Order Guide 2006 Year Order Guide 2007 Year Order Guide

Year Model
RS 4 4.2 SEDAN 4-DR 6-SPD QUATTRO

Exterior Color Interior Color