PDA

View Full Version : I'm torn...

Benman
April 25th, 2006, 23:17
Ok, so now the Q7 is available with the adaptive cruise control (PCA). Cool. It is also available with the Tamo option (5TA). Way cool.

Problem. It is also available with the S Line trim (WQB) with aluminium trim. As an added bonus, with the S Line, I can get the Q7 in Daytona Grey :D Much easier to keep clean vs Lava Grey. My problem, what to do, what to do. The Mrs. and I both like the way the tamo looks (at least in pictures), but also the way the S Line looks. The S Line loses the funtion of the standard steering wheel but gains the shift paddles. The only way to get shift paddles without S Line is the option (PHL) but that's only with walnut!!! Man!:D

So... my poll. Which would you choose? Help a brother out!:alig: :D

Ben:addict:

Klint
April 25th, 2006, 23:46
Don't get a Q7 at all..!! lol

Leadfoot
April 26th, 2006, 00:04
Benman,

The one I drove was black but not a S-line, it did have 20" alloys and looked great. The dark colour make the car look smaller and the alloys bigger. It didn't have paddles and to tell you the truth I don't see the point of them, not for a SUV anyway.

I saw a silver and grey SE with 20"alloys at the launch and I really liked it. It gives it an air of luxury which none of this rivals do. With regards to a wooden steering wheel, yes go for it but only with the right interior colour.

I am looking at one for the family, but unlike you lot in the states with your cheap fuel prices, I will be going for the diesel. It will also be the one which will retain the most money at resale.

AndyBG
April 26th, 2006, 00:36
I don't now, i love cars with as mutch ''gizzmos'' as possble!

Go for S-line with padles,

my 0.3 cents!

I am sure you will find a best solution.

:D

JavierNuvolari
April 26th, 2006, 03:36
Pardon my ignorance Benman but...what is the Tamo option?

Cheers,

Javier

Ps. Will vote as soon as know what it is :)

BBGT2
April 26th, 2006, 04:32
Ben,

I say S Line all the way, it will help in the resale down the line as well.

Bajo:addict:

roadrunner
April 26th, 2006, 12:09
You want to get as much RS feeling out of it as possible :D

Go the S-Line path.

I guess this place is the wrong one for rational advises :incar: we all have some amount of gazoline in our veins.

And Daytona is an argument aswell.

Am curios how the decision will look like.

Greets
Seb.

Benman
April 26th, 2006, 17:03
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
Pardon my ignorance Benman but...what is the Tamo option?

Cheers,

Javier

Ps. Will vote as soon as know what it is :)

Whoops, my bad. Tamo is the dark wood trim that comes in the Espresso Brown interior and optional on other interiors. For picks, go to this thread and scroll down to compare tamo to walnut: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8505 Kinda ironic its from the thread "S Line or not". :rolleyes: :D

At the time, S Line really wasn't an option since I thought it might delete the air suspension, but now I know this is no the case.

Man, I'm starting to lean towards the S Line (as is everyone else:p ). I was thinking, even if I like the Tamo better than the aluminium, I could always put it in later. Now that would really look cool, S Line with tamo.:vhmmm: :thumb:

Benman
April 26th, 2006, 19:56
Dang! 8 to 1 in favor of the S Line?!? Man, I guess its a No Brainer!:trash:

Of course, Klint summed it up nicely "Don't get a Q7 at all..!! lol" :D

Leadfoot
April 26th, 2006, 22:20
Was at the dealer's today and looked at the Q7 demo again. It was tan leather, don't know if I like it second time round, sorry if this is not what you want to hear. The one thing I did like was on the options list for the S-line, 21" alloys which are based on the RS4's, in the UK this options is £700. Now they would set it off.

Oh just remembered you live in the US, you'll be looking 26" spinners. Bling, Bling to sit outside your crib. :hahahehe:

Just a wee joke, Benman.

lam4r
April 26th, 2006, 23:21
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Oh just remembered you live in the US, you'll be looking 26" spinners. Bling, Bling to sit outside your crib. :hahahehe:

:applause:

Benman
April 27th, 2006, 01:38
Originally posted by Leadfoot

Just a wee joke, Benman.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :harass:

:D No way, waiting for the 28"s to hit the market.:p

Seriously, 20"s that the US S Line come with are PLENTY huge!

And don't be sorry about the tan interior, don't like how that looks either. Lava Grey with Black interior looks like a completely different SUV.

With the way this polls going though, it will be S Line with Daytona Grey (to match the :rs6kiss: ;) )! :thumb:

AndyBG
April 27th, 2006, 03:08
S - line!!!

:wo:

freerider
April 27th, 2006, 17:17
Ben,

If I where you, I would go for the S-line. Like all Audi's, it will look so much better on the outside. I know the interior is important too, but the alternative isn't too shabby either, is it?

Benman
April 27th, 2006, 21:11
Well Boys, the polls are 13 to 2!

Order has been submitted!

4.2 Q7 "Premium"
Daytona Grey S Line with all the goodies, Mrs is happy!
:thumb:

AndyBG
April 28th, 2006, 15:49
S - line ! ! ! :0:

:wo:

Audihead
April 28th, 2006, 18:37
Originally posted by Benman
Well Boys, the polls are 13 to 2!

Order has been submitted!

4.2 Q7 "Premium"
Daytona Grey S Line with all the goodies, Mrs is happy!
:thumb:

Good choice! Like you said, you can always change the trim out later if you so choose. Not much modding to be done these yet, so you can get your fix with the trim pieces first!:D I said I wasn't going to do anything to my new rides. Yea right, that lasted @ a week. Can't wait to see your new Q. About how long do you have to wait?

JavierNuvolari
April 28th, 2006, 18:50
Originally posted by Benman
Whoops, my bad. Tamo is the dark wood trim that comes in the Espresso Brown interior and optional on other interiors. For picks, go to this thread and scroll down to compare tamo to walnut: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8505 Kinda ironic its from the thread "S Line or not". :rolleyes: :D

At the time, S Line really wasn't an option since I thought it might delete the air suspension, but now I know this is no the case.

Man, I'm starting to lean towards the S Line (as is everyone else:p ). I was thinking, even if I like the Tamo better than the aluminium, I could always put it in later. Now that would really look cool, S Line with tamo.:vhmmm: :thumb:

Thanks for clearing my doubt Benman....my vote went to the S-Line option:hihi: I believe it looks a lot better ;). Also congrats on the order mate...make sure to give us a nice write up when you get it.

Muchos saludos,

Javier

gjg
April 29th, 2006, 21:47
Daytona Gray for Q ? Where is it on configurator?

Benman
May 1st, 2006, 16:20
Originally posted by gjg
Daytona Gray for Q ? Where is it on configurator? :hahahehe: Ahh, don't be jealous George...:D

For the S Line in US, Daytona Grey and Mugello Blue are available. Not sure about other countries, but its a safe bet that if even we get it, then you should too.:thumb:

gjg
May 1st, 2006, 21:25
there is Condor Gray, but no Daytona Gray ....... I did another test drive last week, both 4.2 FSI and 3.0 TDI on same stretch of a road, both with air suspension this time.

4.2 is more "brutal" (for lack of better word) with WOT and diesel much more smoother.

There is not much difference in drive outside of beter speed pickup above 180 km/h with 4.2.

20" wheels better road feel nad handling over 19".

4.2 TDI, accosrdng to factory, available 07/2007 - according to the performance in A8 which they have in the dealership this would be the engine to have .....

Current delivery time here 11 months ....

:doh:

Benman
May 1st, 2006, 23:22
Originally posted by gjg
there is Condor Gray, but no Daytona Gray .....

4.2 TDI, accordng to factory, available 07/2007

No, Daytona Grey for sure, order code 6Y6Y. Daytona Grey most definately! Are you telling me that for once, ONCE American finally get something the Europeans don't? Pinch me...

4.2TDI...ahh... now that motor I'd want!

gjg
May 2nd, 2006, 06:45
I will check if we can ger 6Y6Y .... interesting ...

Owner of the dealership where we tested Q last week drives A8 with 4.2 TDI, 9l/100km average fuel consumption, cruise at 150 km about 6l/100. Unbelievable.

Benman
May 2nd, 2006, 16:25
Originally posted by gjg

Owner of the dealership where we tested Q last week drives A8 with 4.2 TDI, 9l/100km average fuel consumption, cruise at 150 km about 6l/100. Unbelievable.

Keep checking on the Daytona Grey, I KNOW it will become available for you (there's no way we'll get something on this side of the pond that you folks don't!).

4.2TDI A8, very nice car, I'd love to drive one. If at all possible George, get the 4.2TDI Q7. I know the Mrs doesn't want to wait that long, but that would be the Q7 to own.

For me, there is not even a point to wait as it will be 2 years or so just to see the 3.0 Stateside (let alone the 4.2). So for me the order will stand at S Line Daytona Grey 4.2L petrol...

Hoping for Septemberish delivery...

BTW, thanks everyone for the votes, it helped with the decision.:thumb:

Audihead
May 2nd, 2006, 20:05
Originally posted by gjg

Try to get the Daytona through the Exclusive Program.:0:

gjg
May 2nd, 2006, 22:16
Try to get the Daytona through the Exclusive Program.

that does not work on this side - factory is in our back yard and you can't even get the damn thing in reasonable time, let alone some exclusive program .... current attitude is "this is what we have, take it or leave it ..." and second option is to order what you want, quoted delivery for this week order 04/2007 :doh:

Benman
May 2nd, 2006, 22:20
Originally posted by gjg
and second option is to order what you want, quoted delivery for this week order 04/2007 :doh:
:applause:

Klint
May 3rd, 2006, 20:42
Q7 in disguise?

http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/choose/santaFe/

Benman
May 3rd, 2006, 21:45
Originally posted by Klint
Q7 in disguise?

http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/choose/santaFe/

You think that's a copycat... check out the next MDX... http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_newyork/acura/mdx/pages/01.htm especially check the sides and rear profile!!!:bigeyes:

Audihead
May 3rd, 2006, 23:15
Originally posted by gjg
that does not work on this side - factory is in our back yard and you can't even get the damn thing in reasonable time, let alone some exclusive program .... current attitude is "this is what we have, take it or leave it ..." and second option is to order what you want, quoted delivery for this week order 04/2007 :doh:

That sucks, Sorry.:doh: