PDA

View Full Version : DVD Navi in RS6 12/2002

Kusi75
April 25th, 2006, 10:04
Hello together

I'll buy a Audi RS6 Avant 12/2002. But I also like the new dvd navigation system.

So.... my question!
Is it possible to uprade the old Navi+ with the DVD-Navi? Can I simply replace it or is it difficult for a non-electronic technican? :blush:

Thank's for your help.....

Greets
Markus

nene
April 25th, 2006, 15:49
Here is my attempt, and it worked (http://www.htms.org/rnse.html)

Check with the folks on the NavPlus.us (http://www.navplus.us) site. I am sure they would be happy to help you on that regard.
I think it is possible, if you get yourself the Euro version of the unit.

mmaturo
April 26th, 2006, 08:39
Works great...I followed the instructions above (although I have GPS antenna in the dash behind the cluster) and have a converted Euro unit in my car. Ordered my kit from one of the vendors on navplus site.

jonas21
April 26th, 2006, 13:32
If the RS6 has the old Navi+ (with the two buttons) then its very easy to upgrade to RNS-E. All you need is a cable set...here in europe its very easy to get that. Conexx for example sells those kits.

mmaturo
April 26th, 2006, 17:39
It does not...RS6s just have a knob on the center console between the seats behind the mirror adjustment that then had the display only in the center window of the instrument cluster and obviuosly the voice directions...the CD navigation unit itself is in the trunk on the drivers side rear in the cubby where the jack is. The wiring harness adapter is easily available now from a bunch of sources (easy to find vendors on navplus.com site) and switching it out is not very difficult at all. Tapping into the cluster for the GALA wire to the new unit and placing the GPS antenna are easy but the only portions of the install that take time and a little nerves. The hard part for me (in the states anyway) was switching out the XM satellite module with a new one that is compatible. It took longer and more removal of the trunk trim than the main unit, and my trunk trim did not want to cooperate with me and was very difficult to get some of the clips to let go.

BBGT2
April 27th, 2006, 01:15
RNS-e was a piece of cake to install, and worth every penny (US talk :D )

Bajo:addict: