PDA

View Full Version : How to repair your DRC system

Spam16v
April 22nd, 2006, 19:06
http://www.dubspeedracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9001

since the 2 forums code are not similar enough to copy and paste. im not starting over. here's a thread i posted on my home forum.

JavierNuvolari
April 22nd, 2006, 19:20
I'm pretty sure that some users will appeciate your post mate.

Saludos,

Javier

chutia
April 23rd, 2006, 00:45
Yikes!!! just what I had planned for this, and the next, and the next weekends> O, what fun!! Wonder if I could give a "Let's repair the DRC system" party? Would this be the party where no one comes?? Hmmmmmm.....

Aronis
April 23rd, 2006, 13:10
This process is well discribed in the tech manuals.

The NorthEast Regional rep says the 'evacuation' needs to be done down to minus 5 bar to 7 bar to be sure to get all trapped air out of the upright shocks.

What's missing from your write up is to what pressure should the shocks be charged to? I have heard 5 bar, some say 7 bar.

Accoring to the rep once all connected, the nice new central valves at 16 bar will decompress into the rest of the system at 5 to 7 bar resulting in a pressure some where around 10 bar.

The QUESTION is "what should the total system pressure be?"

Clearly after hearing from those who have had their system fixed with this process, their systems remain too soft resulting in too much body roll, rebounding with stops, rocking side to side with bumps to one side of car, very poor handling in corners, etc.

Also it was interesting that the rep also said that the tool could not tolerate more than 10 bar or it would break! Sounds like a very dangerous system to work on if the tool needed has such tight tolerance (should be able to handle at least TWICE the system pressure to be "SAFE" for the mechanic).

So your pictures are nice...but it is hardly the definitive answer.

So Spam16v perhaps you have the Nads needed to pick up the Audi Bat Phone and CALL THE GUYS ON THE ASSEMBLY LINE IN GERMANY and get the Secret Ingredient for us.

Thanks for you input...hey you did not even spank us in your post.

Mike

Spam16v
April 23rd, 2006, 16:43
the RS4 is comming out soon, training should also be comming up on the schedule. i assure you plenty of people will be barking up some trees who are agrivated with the DRC system . the actual RS4 isin't anything really "new" it does get a spiffy new FSI engine but the car itself.... pretty much essentially the same with a few lil go fast tid bits. so the class should be a FSI review, and DRC overview consisting of "OMG WTF AUDI!" from everyone. all of the tech's know our instructors at the training center very well, the all came from the field. they are the best but are only as good as the information supplied to them. they're mailed to germany and sent to Audi AG's training center. they have ear peices to listen as the presentations are in german, the ear peice has a verbal translation into what ever language you prefer since this is an international gathering of the minds. once in conus they relly on us for updates. 2+2 is 4, but if there's a real world explination from up on the lift we as techs generally supply them with that. Q7 is the hot new release right now, i go the second week in May to Boston for that. next up should the the RS4 and i'll be chomping at the bit to attack them for all the info. getting ahold of someone in germany is not gonna happen, but the TFM you met mike, he know's all the reps and who to get ahold of in the country. the engineers make regular trips over here for "training" they can't understand half the problems we have so they come over here. half of the people who wrote the software for the new A6 wrote all the garabge for the D3 A8 and were here knee deep when the A6 launch happened. like i said, AM radio. they still cant understand it, and never will. you can yell out a 2nd floor window and reach more people the germans say but our customers listen to the crap.off topic: i don't care what you say i've been subjected to alot of AM listening and it indeed is crap. you could play my favorite music of choice live at Budokan and it would be like shoving an ice pick in my ear drum. constant drone of static peircing... call me an Audiophile but AM is terrible. end of rant.

-Zac

PS: you guys need a Honda Element smiley for me.

Aronis
April 23rd, 2006, 18:09
My personal experience with BMW Engineers in GERMANY is they SPEAK ENGLISH, quite well.

The Same is true for at least some of the Audi Engineers, trust me.....

I called Germany a few times to work my way through, but did not have much luck as I was not a dealer....

It's manufacturing...plain and simple. If field service (Audi Mechanics in the states) are having problems with the product they call the Manufacturing Engineers (guys who make the car) for help.

It does not matter what the product is, so taking in the stance that 'yelling out the second story windows will not help' you are simply giving up too easily.

Call them for us.....

Mike

SpinEcho
April 23rd, 2006, 21:24
Spam16v, if what you describe is the extent of tech training - listening to a translation through an earpiece - God help all non-German Audi owners!

And again, WTF does AM radio have to do with DRC? :brag:

Spam16v
April 23rd, 2006, 21:42
my AM radio analogy is just referring to complaints recieved by customers. there are alot more AM reception issues than DRC issues. and if audi takes so many customers lightly about that, just think of how few RS6's there are. this comming week i'm going to make some contact and see when the RS4 training is going to be in reference to the launch. mike are your centering valves making noises? or is it just squishy like cadilac?

Aronis
April 23rd, 2006, 21:44
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Spam16v,...
And again, WTF does AM radio have to do with DRC? :brag:

So I'm not the only one having trouble following Spam16v....LOL......just kidding...

Mike

Aronis
April 23rd, 2006, 21:46
Hey Spam, my 1997 M3 had very poor AM reception too LOL. I found out when I was driving a loaner 318is for a day while getting service, that car had excellent AM reception.

Spam16v
April 23rd, 2006, 21:54
you guys should be thankful i quit drinking... you'd never understand what the hell i was talking about. and come to think of it, afterwards neither could i. i probably would have had my IP blocked by now.

Spam16v
April 23rd, 2006, 21:57
what is on AM radio that strikes your fancy? there's ALOT of info but it's generaly politicaly biased (what isn't these days though) and the sound quality is terrible and the reception isn't much better once you get 2 miles away from the broadcast tower. i let the XM lapse in my facotry unit after the trail, considering Sirius. but radio is generaly very frustrating, i dislike comercials. either MP3 discs or an MP3 player, even at work.

Aronis
April 23rd, 2006, 22:01
I have an IPOD with ICE link in my car (and my Sat radio still works, can be done), and I listen to PodCasts....LOL....

Rush of course.

Mike

Paldi
April 24th, 2006, 02:44
gives traffic reports 12 times per hour on the twos. eg. 9:02, 9:12, 9:22, 9:32 etc. And they have good news, "talk radio" and weather. That's it, the music is static - like the traffic....