PDA

View Full Version : B8 A4 with the RS4 body?

Tanner
April 21st, 2006, 02:47
Okay it's not an R or S but what do people make out of this?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6060420.001/country/gcf/audi/audi-q5-suv-and-next-generation-a4-spy-photos

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060420.001/6060420.001.mini5L.jpg

AndyBG
April 21st, 2006, 03:04
:eek: :vhmmm:

This looks like a proper ''X file'' to me.

I can't tell you what it is, but i can tell you what i hope it is.

I hope this is ''RS 4 DTM limited edition'', probably this isn't anything like that, but i would like it to be.

Maybe somebody with more info can put ''some light'' on this. :vhmmm:

Inline Six
April 21st, 2006, 10:13
I don't think that's an A4. Looks too big for the A4 segment. Maybe the new RS6?

tailpipe
April 21st, 2006, 11:10
B8 A4 mule would be a good guess, because new platform has a wider track - it will be used as basis for next A6 as well as A4. But B8 has engine mounted further back, which doesn't seem to be evident in this model.

eazy
April 21st, 2006, 11:44
The most powerful versions of the fuel engines are going to deliver between 250 and 500 HP in the top of the line model.
:bigeyes:

Benman
April 21st, 2006, 16:40
Originally posted by AndyBG
:eek: :vhmmm:

This looks like a proper ''X file'' to me.

Sure does, I've got no clue what it is...?:vhmmm:

Ben:addict:

Tanner
April 21st, 2006, 18:01
Whatever it is, hopefully that 10-15cm reduction in length is because of the engine moved back but overall interior and truck space remains unchanged.

eazy
April 21st, 2006, 18:36
ok, guys. Let's see the differences:

- smaller tires on the testmule
- the fuel-tank has another position
- wider fenders on the mule
- another exhaust-pipes

But anything else looks the same as at the rs4.

Maybe this is really an test-version of an rs4 dtm-edition with a better engine.
Maybe with 500 hp as on the source stated?

Personally i think this isn't a RS6 version but an RS4 B8.
So, just my 2 cents.

greetings

eazy

Duma
April 21st, 2006, 20:06
Ugly with that rims

J.Seven
April 26th, 2006, 17:26
RS4 4.2L V8 Bi-Turbo engine and "real" 500Hp. The car we all expected Audi to build :eek: :thumb:
At least I hope it is... ;)

Tanner
April 26th, 2006, 19:24
HP wars are getting rediculous. Give me a car that is lighter, case in point, the new TT. Beside, I rather have gobs of torque than hp :)

Leadfoot
April 27th, 2006, 00:20
When you look at the picture, from the rear it's hard to tell that it's not a b7 A4 with bad wheel archs. But study both pictures front and rear and you can see differences over a current A4.

Remember if the facts are right the b8 is upto 15cm shorter. So the wheelbase might not grow at all, so that might explain why the body fits so well. The fact that the car is winter test will mean there is not need for the right body, eg. handling will not being tested so weight balance not important.

With these photos there really is no way of telling if this is a b8 or not unless you can look under the hood and see where the engine is it's anyone guess, my guess is only some of the mechanical and electrical bits are being test on a b7 mule. The only thing bugging me is the filler cap? That's about the right place for a TT.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2060406.005/pageview/photo/photo/Mini3/page/1/country/gcf/audi/all-new-audi-tt-coupe-debut

Photos of TT from rear

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoID/6060420.001/pageview/photo/photo/Mini6/page/1/country/gcf/audi/audi-q5-suv-and-next-generation-a4-spy-photos

Picture of front

gabbby
April 27th, 2006, 10:34
Well, I'm not agree. I think this is a modified B7 to match the new platform. The front is really shorter : if you compare the front face with the original RS4 one, you can see thet the side "squale" small openings where supressed. You can clearly see that the front wheels has been advanced for 15 cm. The engine migt been backward too. The front is larger than the RS4 too.

Is that the new B8 or enhanced RS4 with more power ? What is strange is that they have rebuild a front bumper, wings, cap... or perhaps (I really think it), the first step of the B8 platforme development was to take a B7, update it with all evolutions of the B8 before addeing working on the design part (car maker are never starting from scratch). It's difficult to say.

Y really think this B7 have all B8 evolutions.

Gabriel

MJN
April 27th, 2006, 11:33
i've red somewhere that this wil be a high powered version of the next A4, which makes more sense than 'a new rs4', why would they test a RS4+ on these small tyres?

gabbby
April 27th, 2006, 12:01
Well... you don't really know what are development steps of a such car. What we can see are the global car modifications, wich permit to say that it is a real mule for a new car.

Such tires are usefull on the snow. This types are snow optimised, so, it don't surprise me. Remember spy chots of the new TT with small tyres too...

Gabriel