PDA

View Full Version : Tech - The RS6 Exhaust

Erik
March 15th, 2003, 17:22
So what gives the RS6 it's nice V8 sound?
Well the engine of course but the exhaust might play a bigger role than you'd expect.

Below is an overview of the RS6 exhaust. Having seen this it might be easier to understand why changing the full system is a 2 day job as the engine has to come out.

This is the first of many technical articles to be posted.
I have a great source of documents and my intention is to let all owners and wannabe-owners know more about this fantastic machine. Problem is...it's in german and need to be translated into english. So if we have any german speakers who feel for a little translating from time to time let me know. It would make RS6.com a better place :)

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Technical/Technical-RS6-Exhaust-2.jpg

Snow
March 16th, 2003, 15:57
Well, I don't live in germany but I do have german roots so I do speak/read german. If no one else volounteers I can give it a try but I think a native german would be better...

peterb
March 17th, 2003, 09:10
Originally posted by Snow
Well, I don't live in germany but I do have german roots so I do speak/read german. If no one else volounteers I can give it a trySame here!

but I think a native german would be better...

I'm not sure about that. An English speaker, provided that they know the German words, would probably be able to produce better English. I am reasonable with every-day conversational German, but technical words would probably catch me out!

Erik
March 18th, 2003, 11:39
The text is just basicallly a technical description of different parts of the car. Like the reinforced A8 W12 gearbox and the details in it. There are excellent drawings so if you know german-english it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'll let you know next time it's needed.

If there's any special part you want to know more about let me know. Maybe the exhaust wasn't the most exiting part? :p