PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

Vegasguy
April 15th, 2006, 08:12
ok, this should be a pretty easy one. I see a few cars with some alternate wheels that look like an Audi wheel. I see them on a lot of European cars.
What wheels are on the car below and can someone explain to me what was available here?

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Vegasguy
April 15th, 2006, 08:16
oops! How do I move this to the correct list?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Pete

BBGT2
April 15th, 2006, 13:37
Pete,
Those look like the replica wheels of the 19 Inch Euro Audi RS6 wheels.
I know a guy that has a set for sale never been used or mounted on a car they are for his RS6.
If interested pm me and I will put you in contact with him.

Bajo:addict:

Vegasguy
April 15th, 2006, 18:01
Thanks Bajo,
I am not in the wheel shopping mode yet, still in the selling the Porsche then buying an RS6 mode. I just keep seeing these wheels and was wondering what they are.

Pete

steffenr
April 16th, 2006, 09:31
it's RS6 replica wheels they are pretty popular here in denmark:)

Audihead
April 16th, 2006, 20:55
Originally posted by Vegasguy
oops! How do I move this to the correct list?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Pete

Done!:thumb:

DaveyKid
April 17th, 2006, 13:42
Can you shoot me an e-mail @daveykida6@yahoo.com? Thanks!

mmaturo
April 17th, 2006, 22:11
What, none of you guys are as crazy as I am and actually buy the real ones from europe...check my post below regarding RS6+ tire size...I would have got the Hartmann 19" replicas had I not wanted the titanium finish wheels which no one makes except OEM. The wheels look great in person on the car. Just updated my sig here with a quick picture of the new wheels on the car. I have all the pics under my picture poster on the Audiworld.com site under my name of MarknmTT over there.

RS6Canuck
April 18th, 2006, 00:22
mmaturo, can you let me know who you got your wheels through and also what it cost you to land them in the U.S.?

Thanks.

BBGT2
April 18th, 2006, 01:48
Originally posted by DaveyKid
Can you shoot me an e-mail @daveykida6@yahoo.com? Thanks!

Dave,

Mail sent!

DaveyKid
April 18th, 2006, 02:14
I have to stick with a more traditional color!

mmaturo
April 18th, 2006, 02:31
Originally posted by RS6Canuck
mmaturo, can you let me know who you got your wheels through and also what it cost you to land them in the U.S.?

Thanks.

Europrice.com from Alexander. They were roughly $2600 shipped including the center caps. Same price whether the Titanium or the standard finish. However he let me know the price has gone up as I just ordered a 5th wheel to have as a spare when I bend one of these things.

mmaturo
April 18th, 2006, 02:37
I have to stick with a more traditional color!

Dave I would agree on your car, I think the darker color would look better on the darker of cars, red, blue, daytona, black as those are the only colors I have seen photos of them on. Although having seen photos of a white RS4 with titanium finish wheels that could look interesting. Does cut down on the urge to wash the thing everyday as brake dust is much less noticeable.

As I said above the Hartmann wheels look great for much less cost if going for the standard silver, and a heck of a lot cheaper to replace if you bend one. Was going to go that route until I did more research on the darker color here.

DaveyKid
April 18th, 2006, 02:42
Just what I need, more tires/wheels!

RS6Canuck
April 18th, 2006, 02:56
Mark, thanks for the info. I have been in touch with a UK Audi parts dealer 'vagparts.com'. They quoted me a price delivered to Cleveland (in UK pounds) that would work out to $2,560 so it looks like this is the going rate.

Did you have to pay any import duties on your wheels?

I am still playing with the idea of buying the Hartmann wheels and having them powder coated (assuming I can find a colour very close to the RS6+ - Titan satin finish. The cost difference would be significant at $275 + $75 for PC vs. $640 for the OEM wheels.

Whichever way I go I have to thank you for bringing this posssibility to my attention. As soon as I set eyes on a picture of your car with these wheels I was sold. This has to be the best looking wheel you could have on a Daytona Grey RS6.

mmaturo
April 18th, 2006, 03:54
Originally posted by RS6Canuck
Mark, thanks for the info. I have been in touch with a UK Audi parts dealer 'vagparts.com'. They quoted me a price delivered to Cleveland (in UK pounds) that would work out to $2,560 so it looks like this is the going rate.

Did you have to pay any import duties on your wheels?

I am still playing with the idea of buying the Hartmann wheels and having them powder coated (assuming I can find a colour very close to the RS6+ - Titan satin finish. The cost difference would be significant at $275 + $75 for PC vs. $640 for the OEM wheels.

Whichever way I go I have to thank you for bringing this posssibility to my attention. As soon as I set eyes on a picture of your car with these wheels I was sold. This has to be the best looking wheel you could have on a Daytona Grey RS6.

No import duties on it. It is the going rate I would say (and vagparts.com is great to work with having ordered several things from them). Thanks and it really does look good on the car, I asked for pics on this forum of other Daytona cars and was sold immediately as well. Don't know if you saw the rest of my pics on Audiworld but I am super satisfied with the look. As the titan finish is now more common on A4 wheels as an option you should be able to somehow figure out the paint code for a good match. I had one of my wheels wounded by the dealer and they repaired it perfectly at the dealership (their wheel guy) so they must have a good way to match the color. Reality is that it is not far at all away from the Daytona color that a satin finish matching the car could work. Worth it which ever way you go. For some reason I have an affliction to get the OEM parts but the Hartmann wheels are dead on.

mmaturo
April 18th, 2006, 04:05
Just what I need, more tires/wheels!

Don't tell me that will will stop you of all people...do it!! Heck its cheaper than another car : ) Hopefully you can get a good deal on the reps and save a ton of cash over new. Aren't you tired of looking just like our other (zillion) bretheren in Chicagoland...I know you don't drive yours in winter but I just made my 18s my dedicated winter set.

I have another VIN for your list that I will try to get tomorrow, there is a Green RS6 in my building.

Vegasguy
April 18th, 2006, 06:26
So this is what I have learned so far.

The wheels in question are either real or aftermarket 19" euro wheels.

The stock US is an 18" wheel.

The 19" wheels can be available in a titanium finish.

The OEM wheels are fairly expensive. (cheap compared to my fikse's)

The Hartman wheels are actually priced well and you can have them powder coated to match the darker wheels if your so inclined.

Thanks guys. :)

DaveyKid
April 18th, 2006, 12:19
After all, what's one more set of wheels. I only have about 8 sets laying around now.

SoCal
April 19th, 2006, 08:12
After all, what's one more set of wheels. I only have about 8 sets laying around now.

Me, too, though not for the RS6. And the wheels take up a fair amount of space.

Related query: anyone want 2-4 OEM Pirelli tires for an RS6 US stock 18" wheel with minimal wear? I switched to Michelin PS2s early on and have a set laying around. If so, PM me.

SoCal
April 19th, 2006, 08:14
Originally posted by Vegasguy
So this is what I have learned so far.

The wheels in question are either real or aftermarket 19" euro wheels.

The stock US is an 18" wheel.

The 19" wheels can be available in a titanium finish.

The OEM wheels are fairly expensive. (cheap compared to my fikse's)

The Hartman wheels are actually priced well and you can have them powder coated to match the darker wheels if your so inclined.

Thanks guys. :)

Yes. And a friend of mine who is sales mgr at an LA area Audi dealer has Hartman wheels on his modded S4 and loves them. Great value he says.