PDA

View Full Version : Revised Delivery Date...

S4Aero
April 14th, 2006, 19:48
The current rumor is that US deliveries will indeed begin in June. My car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership on June 13. At least that's what they say today...

Audihead
April 14th, 2006, 21:44
July 3rd for me. Sprint Blue don't 'cha know.:rs4addict

sparkhill
April 15th, 2006, 01:13
Mind posting your options along with delivery dates? As other have said before, I think the initial cars are all going to have black interiors, premium package, carbon fiber, no rear air bags, and Sirius. I was hoping to find out if options correlate with delivery dates.

Audihead
April 16th, 2006, 21:02
Originally posted by sparkhill
Mind posting your options along with delivery dates? As other have said before, I think the initial cars are all going to have black interiors, premium package, carbon fiber, no rear air bags, and Sirius. I was hoping to find out if options correlate with delivery dates.

July 3rd. Sprint Blue/ Black Leather, Premium PKG, Carbon Fiber, No rear side air-bombs, XM radio. I believe I read somewhere that if you had your inital order in with XM as your choice you will still get it. Anyone that orders now will have Sirius.:rs4addict

S4Aero
April 17th, 2006, 03:14
Avus Silver, Black, Premium, Sirius - no rear air bags. Supposedly the first Ohio delivery.

Over/Under 30 days for my first speeding ticket is the pool at one of my businesses. My wife has the under! :dance:

Audihead
April 17th, 2006, 16:04
Originally posted by S4Aero
Over/Under 30 days for my first speeding ticket is the pool at one of my businesses. My wife has the under! :dance:

I'll take the over. You will have a rigid break-in period. I believe it goes as follows:

Up to 600 Miles (1,000KM)
-Do not use full throttle
-The engine speed is not allowed to exceed a maximum of 6,000 RPM

From 600 to 1,200 Miles (1,000 to 2,000KM)
-Do not use full throttle
-The engine speed is not allowed to exceed a maximum of 7,000 RPM

From 1,200 to 1,500 Miles (2,000 to 2,500KM)
-Slowly and briefly increase the engine speed to 8,250 RPM

Over 1,500 Miles (2,500KM)
-You now may drive with an engine speed of 8,250 RPM

This should help motivate you to win any bets you may have.:D

Benman
April 17th, 2006, 19:23
Originally posted by Audihead
I'll take the over. You will have a rigid break-in period. I believe it goes as follows:

Wow, that's even more restrictive than the RS 6s.

I actually somehow had the restraint to follow mine to the T. It was tuff, but once it was done :revs: :heart: :D

Ben:addict:

Audihead
April 17th, 2006, 21:10
Originally posted by Benman
Wow, that's even more restrictive than the RS 6s.

I actually somehow had the restraint to follow mine to the T. It was tuff, but once it was done :revs: :heart: :D

It is pretty strict. But for this motor I think it's right on target. I think if you don't adhere to the break-in, there are going to be problems, ie; M3 / M5. There are people out there that say you don't need to break in an engine anymore, I refuse to believe this. Especally a V8 revving to 8,250.:revs:

Benman
April 17th, 2006, 21:53
Originally posted by Audihead
There are people out there that say you don't need to break in an engine anymore, I refuse to believe this. Especally a V8 revving to 8,250.:revs:
I think you're right. I did proper break in and have had zero issues... although this might just be a "luck" factor.