PDA

View Full Version : Some more info about new TT

roadrunner
April 13th, 2006, 09:01
In the current issue of the german carmag "auto motor und sport" (ams) they have an introduction of the new :ttaddict:

Iceman posted some details here (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=64771#post64771)

Some interesting additional infos here:

- weight distribution:

old: 62:38
new: 58:42

- weight saving on base model: 50 kg
which is a good value in my opinion - car grew in size, more tech goodies, the structure is 26% more rigid.

- the suspension was modified from the A3 platform to accomodate 19" wheels.

- 2.0 TFSI quattro
will be available 2007

- torque split Haldex quattro:
according to ams it is not possible to have the same split as on the torsen c quattro (40/60)
but the rear wheels kick in sooner (normaly the haldex system distributes the power to the front wheels)

- engine choices:
TTS with at least 265 HP
still seems to little compared to the 3.2 (250hp)

entry engine with 170hp

a "comfortable" 3.6 V6 (the one from the US VW Passat and Q7 with 280hp?)

a 2.0 TDI is ready (the one with 170hp?)

A clubsport version is also planed (stripped down for pure racing enjoyment?) :dance:

That is it for now - can't wait to see it in flesh in a dark colour and to take a spin :alig:

Greets
Seb.

Leadfoot
April 13th, 2006, 09:47
Roadrunner,

Interesting the - weight distribution:

old: 62:38
new: 58:42

I was told at dealers it was more like 53/47, could this be as Audi test the car's weight eg. Driver, some luggage and 90% fuel?

Was also told that the new Magntic Ride is something else, and the handling will be even better than the RS4, no small feat.

Iceman
April 30th, 2006, 07:43
The base weight distribution will be 58:42% front-rear.
The new Magnetic Ride is something else and the new TT handles almost as good as the RS4.
The new TT rounds the Nordschleife 20 sec faster then the old TT.
It is not clear with what engine/drivetrain combo or with or without Magnetic ride it is 20 sec faster and compare to which old model.
If we take the fastes old TT that is the "TT-QS" with 240 hp (it have 10 hp less than the VR6 and weight 150 Kg less than the VR6) it means a big improvement.

Hans.

Leadfoot
April 30th, 2006, 20:16
Originally posted by Iceman
The base weight distribution will be 58:42% front-rear.
The new Magnetic Ride is something else and the new TT handles almost as good as the RS4.
The new TT rounds the Nordschleife 20 sec faster then the old TT.
It is not clear with what engine/drivetrain combo or with or without Magnetic ride it is 20 sec faster and compare to which old model.

Hans.

Iceman,

When you say 20 seconds faster around the ring than the last TT, I take it you are talking about the VR6 model, what was it's time. Has anyone seen a 3.6L or TTS lapping the ring yet?

I posted this claim about the magnetic ride earlier, but was unsure about the ride quality. Do you know if it also rides as well as an RS4.

The 58/42% is a dry weight balance and not what the real balance would be when loaded with people and fuel etc. I know this is not what BMW quote for their car which is 50/50% dry weight but when you do the same with their's the balance goes the other way. Maybe I was a little optimistic with my estimate, but the point is it improves when loaded.

Iceman
April 30th, 2006, 22:55
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Has anyone seen a 3.6L or TTS lapping the ring yet?
No, but this TT Have, but it's not sure what engine/drivetrain layout is in/under the car.

http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/tt_mk2_ring_pic_982.jpg

Hans.

Leadfoot
May 1st, 2006, 19:08
Iceman,

Looks at the calipers on the front of the black TT in the picture. They look to me like they are grey, :idea: grey calipers would mean that it has magnetic ride suspension.

Or am I just seeing things?

If it does indeed have magnetic ride suspension, I would have thought that the ride would be lower. This one looks like its got offroad suspension.:ttaddict: