PDA

View Full Version : 770PS RS6 with 940+nm?

jonas21
April 10th, 2006, 22:08
DH-exclusive is offering some insane tuning kits for the RS6, its even more insane than whats B&B is doing (and about 1/2 the price!!).
Anyone ever dealt with them?
See:
http://www.dh-exclusiv.de/rs-6.htm
644PS for just 16500 Euro...sounds like a bargain...

AndyBG
April 10th, 2006, 22:19
Looks like some ''hardcore'' tunning, but i never heard for them, they must new in buissnes.

Mr Balsen
April 10th, 2006, 23:03
If you are ready to cut the floor of you RS6, MTM can put a lot of power in your car with some big turbos.

800hp is not so crazy since this is the output for the Gumpert Apollo with similar engine.

But 580hp with manual gearbox was one of the best cocktail I drove ever. Damned, I loved that RS6 MTM Clubsport ! ! ! ! !

Cheers from Paris,
Mr Balsen

jonas21
April 10th, 2006, 23:10
Yea, i know MTM can do quite alot...but i doubt they can do it for that price...
The clubsport is nice but i prefer an "average" car with nothing touched behind the engine. I need the comfort :)

D-Unit
April 11th, 2006, 00:49
Would you mean that 770PS with 940+nm are made for any ''confortable'' driving?!!

TaTaPiRaTa
April 11th, 2006, 07:58
I don't speak german, but what they do to the gearbox to be able to hold that 900+ NM ?

eazy
April 11th, 2006, 08:04
Originally posted by D-Unit
Would you mean that 770PS with 940+nm are made for any ''confortable'' driving?!!
According to the website it's an racing-modification.
Highly reduced service interval. And you loose your long-life guarantee.

mr
April 11th, 2006, 11:43
According to the website it's an racing-modification.
Highly reduced service interval. And you loose your long-life guarantee.
well ... i don't see anywhere on the homepage that you loose your "long - life guarantee", but ... of course you'll loose it.
they write, that no long time operating of the car ("long - life mode") will be possible and that service intervals are MUCH more often then standard.
for the gearbox:
on level 2 they write sth. about software updating (~740 NM) -> well ... sounds little bit strange for me)
on level 3 they write sth. about tranny - hardware - adaption

and when i read through all the things they do with the engine, all the things they adopt or change (displacement extension (to 4.4 l, alterations on the cylinder head, .....)
for me it sounds so, that the complete engine incl. tranny are rebuilt with other / better parts or at least modded.

on the hompepage they write for level 3 and 4: racing conversion
so ... i don't think you will get that cars (level 3 or 4) street legal nor will it (in my opinion) make sense to drive it on normal roads.
just my opinion.

rgds
mr

jonas21
April 11th, 2006, 13:13
Yea, level 3 and 4 are way insane, level2 sounds fine to me. I know someone from ZF (who used to produce the gearbox of the RS6) and he told me that it will do 750nm without problems. Anything above that only on very short terms or you'll kill it.

eazy
April 11th, 2006, 13:50
According to the audi-website the long-life-mode is a technology which adjusts the service-interval automatically based on your personal driving-style.
So it was my fault, sorry.
Thanks for that info mr.

greetings

eazy

Aronis
April 11th, 2006, 16:26
More Power....

Tim LIKES...............tool man..........

gjg
April 11th, 2006, 19:39
"long life" service does not applyu to RS6, stick to the schedule .... :idea:

Mr Balsen
April 11th, 2006, 20:39
The tiptronic gearbox will never survive such power. Period.

You need to go to Manual for such power. And special clutch, special gearbox and so on.

And be ready to change the rear diff as well because the poor one will suffer a lot. On the MTM Clubsport, one was broken after one day at Nurburgring with journalists. It was destroyed, totally destroyed....

Cheers from Paris
Frederic

danham
April 12th, 2006, 06:16
hi,

we build this system! you can drive it with tiptronic! there is a solution with porsche-parts. there you can go with the engine up to over 1000Nm without probs!
the problems inside the tiptronic-box are small and cheap parts!

manual transmission will have a lot of problems with so much torque! if you will have such one, you must drive a special one of xtrac or so on!

long-life: we can not handle the special service-solution of audi with the special oil(10 w60) we must drive. the longlife-oil will have problems with temperature!

it is real, that we rebuild complete engine with other turbos, kats and so on and gearbox!

our big solutions are not official street-legal! there we have the problem with noise and gases inside the exhaustgases-lawes!

best regards