PDA

View Full Version : Everyones going power crazy.

Leadfoot
April 8th, 2006, 00:14
Everyone including me is going horsepower crazy, why?

Gone are the days when you could have fun on the roads. God I remember when you could powerslide at 50 or 60mph. In the cars we drive today eg. RS4, M3, Porsche etc there is too much grip and too much power. You give them a boot down a twisty road and in no time your doing 100-120mph and the brown stuff is running down your legs. And it's not because you have lost control and are now just along for the ride.

The reasons for this are

1: They cost a bomb to repair if you hit them.
2: Get caught and there is your license, your job and maybe even a spell in jail.
3: Insurance costs and what claims can do to them.

Need I go on. Who remembers driving something with less than 100bhp and having a race with something the same, if the truth be told you had more fun.

Sad to say it, but the only place now to enjoy our cars are the to few trackdays there are. And even this only does a way with reason 2.

clam
April 10th, 2006, 14:16
You have a choice you know. It sounds like you'd be better off with a Mazda MX5/Miata. They designed the new one to have just as much grip as the old one. Normally, like you say, automakers make every generation of a model faster to the point where you can't explore its performance 'safely' on the public road anymore. Which means you always have to hold back, which kills the fun. But the Miata seems to be in a segment all of its own where it doesn't try to out-do anything else. It is what it is, and it's great at it.
Or perhaps the new Clio Sport. That looks to be as much fun as an MKI GTI, without being dangerous.

The type of car you want is out there. The only question you have to ask yourself: is your ego strong enough to drive a cheap car?

http://www.cars-galore.de/images/mazda/20050224-mx5.jpg

http://www.autotitre.com/forum/up/004f9da463.jpg

AndyBG
April 10th, 2006, 14:31
That Clio you posted is counting some 200 bhp, if i am write, that is not ''small amount'' of of power.

Man, i remeber days wehn M3 had some 215! And it was a very fast car by any standard, now ''B'' segment car is ''carrying'' that mutch power.

:trash: