PDA

View Full Version : RS-4 cab vs MB SL55AMG

TT-R
April 5th, 2006, 13:47
Hi

Im in a mode for buying a new car, I really fancy the new RS4 and would maybe like to buy one convertible.Also I do like the MB SL55AMG wich a 2 year old car basicly hace the same price as a new RS4. Im looking for some advice in this matter with people maybe driving one or both of the cars.I know the RS4 convertible is not on the streets yet but the sedan version is since some time and the MB since some years.

Thanks in advance

regards PH Audi TT driver

Erik
April 5th, 2006, 14:13
Hi PH!

The SL55 AMG is sportier than most people think.
I had the opportunity to drive one on the Autobahn for quite some time - wonderful! 270 km/h+ without a roof :cool2:
What about the SLK55?

The RS4 is nice too, probably a bit sportier.
I'm driving a very special one in 2 weeks time. :incar:
However I don't think the S4 convertible is that special.
Hopefully the RS4 is better, but still it has a soft top. :looking:

Bingocaller
April 5th, 2006, 14:30
I would go for the AMG :0:

AndyBG
April 5th, 2006, 15:00
I don't have answer to your dilema, first thing that get into my focus is that those two are in diferent market segments, CLK 63 AMG cabrio is RS 4s real competitor, in that case i am 100% sure, go for RS 4, but in this case...

As mutch i love Audi, and its new fantastic 4.2 V8 N/A engine, on the other end i am in love with that ''nuclear'' powered 5.5 V8 with supercharger from SL 55.

If they are both new, i would say, SL 55, but in this case, with 2 year old SL 55, maybe its smarter to go with new car.

Also, your needs of space are issue, SL 55 is 2 seater, RS 4 is 2+2, so...

Good luck with your choice, those are ''sweet'' wories.

:0:

TT-R
April 5th, 2006, 18:08
well as you say the RS4 conv maybe is not as nice as the sedan or avant version.I have never seen it live just on photos and thought it could be an option.Since I have emigrated to Italy 3 years ago the weather by far permits the use of an convertible car than sweden does, Im therefore interested in a daily use somewhat high performance car with the option of taking the roof down sometimes but ofcause its not a must.The SL55 ive tested and it has fantastic performance and a design that is very difficult to match in my point of viev, on the other hand im a truly audi fan and seen the new RS4 live a few times (sedan version) and also red tests of the car and it seem to be a very nice car.The price of a new 2004 SL55 was about 130.000€ wich is a little bit to much for my economy but ive seen several used ones with only 30.000km on the meeter for around 70-85 k€ wich is for that money a car contra performance looks etc a very competable car and would maybe keep the price value procentual better than buying a new Audi?.But ofcause new is always new !
The audi conv cost 83900€ in Germany and the sedan costs 71000€ base price
I defenatly need to take a closer look at the audi and also testdrive it somwhere if it is possible to have a better idea for comperason
The SLK55 ive never seen live,isnt that a very small car ? but with some nice performance i guess? need to check it out

thanks everybody for the hints

regards PH

rks838
April 7th, 2006, 21:46
I'd go for the RS4, honestly. The SL55 has a nuclear engine, as said, but not much else special in terms as performance. Someone said that AMG cars were "regular cars with Herculean engines stuffed under the bonnet" (no, this was not Motor Trend's quote in the E55 vs. RS6 comparo). The RS4 is a performance car with some luxury thrown in, while the SL55 is a luxury car with some performance thrown in. I'd go for the RS4, but not if you're more a luxury-type of guy.